Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Yessssssss!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Yessssssss!

I got orders!! I'm going to Lakenheath, UK. I don't think I'll take my Camaro though, no cats and its a little loud. I'll either sell it or keep in the storage for 5 years?

So, is anyone here in Lakenheath or been to Lakenheath?? Any input is welcome.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my ncoic is about to pcs there in nov. supposively that place is pretty badass.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:39 PM
TECH Regular

my buddies sister and bro-in-law were stationed there. It was a badass base to visit I'll give it that
Old 09-03-2008, 02:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Nice, sounds sweet.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I swung through there once. You won't be disapointed! Seemed like a kick *** place to be stationed over seas.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Trunion King

I have a question. My superintendent just sent me my rip for the PCS orders. Anyways I need to fill out some stuff and turn it in. One of them says

My request departure date is:_________________. My requested port call date is:______________ (earliest),__________________(latest)

As my understanding departure date is my port call, am I correct?? Shed some light here if I am wrong.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats!! i just got orders to friggin fe warren in wyoming!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bene
I have a question. My superintendent just sent me my rip for the PCS orders. Anyways I need to fill out some stuff and turn it in. One of them says

My request departure date is:_________________. My requested port call date is:______________ (earliest),__________________(latest)

As my understanding departure date is my port call, am I correct?? Shed some light here if I am wrong.
The dates have to be within 45 days of your "report no later than" date. Pick what works best for you.

I was at that base. There is a lot to do in the UK. I didnt really like that base because I work in the maint. group so I worked 10-14 hours days 6 days a week. If you work off the flight line the base will be great for you.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bene

Departure date is the date you want/plan to depart your current base. Port Call date is the date you fly out of your overseas port. The time in between is travel time and any leave you want to take before going. Your port Call needs to get to your new base by the report not later than date. Don't use up all your leave before going as there is plenty to see and do over there. England is a great place to be stationed, have to learn to drive on the wrong side of the road and figure out what a "Round about" is. Lots of historic things there and you can catch a hop over to mainland Europe real easy. There is drag racing over there too, along with plenty of road racing. Beer and Ale is good, the food is marginal at best. If you are single the British girls might get your attention. Something about those accents!

Have a great time!

Pat
CMSGT (Ret)
Old 09-04-2008, 01:58 PM
Trunion King

Thanks, CHIEF!!
Old 09-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Launching!

Im at lakenheath, please bring the LS, we need more of us!

I have the hook up for inspections (The MOT)...

any questions, just ask them!

-justin
Old 09-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Trunion King

I would freaking love to man. How much does it cost for me to ship my car commercially? I'll have to pay my car out of pocket for me to ship it there.

Give me the low down on what to do w/ my car for it to pass over there, please.

BTW, I have no cats and full exhaust w/ longtubes/true duals all the way to the back. So right now its pretty loud. LOL.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:16 PM
Launching!

its about $1400-$2000, it can be claimed on your taxes as a tax break, but i dont know the ins and outs of that process.

Your car WILL pass, itll be £50 and its guarunteed to pass. I took my T/A with an open ORY. So no worries there...

You may want to send the DD commercially, your going to regret not sending it!!!! everyone does! Or just sell the DD and get a new one here!

-justin
Old 09-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Trunion King

Wow, its not too expensive to ship it then. Alot cheaper for me to ship my car than store it in the states. I like DD so I don't want to part it either as the DoD will pay the shipment of my DD. However, I'll fork some money to get my toy ship there commercially.

Quick Reply: Yessssssss!