Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Military Freudian slips?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 10:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robcas47
as long as respect is given it shouldn't ever be a problem no matter who you are. There are NCO's and there are simply seargents, us NCO's don't worry about these little things.
You hit the nail dead on the head.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Marines are different animals from the rest of the mil. When I was in the Army you'd get your **** jumped into if you called a 1Sgt or Sgm "sergeant"....Sgts,SSGs and SFCs didn't seem to mind most of the time.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:56 PM
Banned

I would think they have much more important **** to worry about than what rank people call them by.

What baffles me is how the regular Air Force calls ******* everybody sir or ma'am. Why an NCO would want to be called sir all the goddamn time is beyond me.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by shandy294
Marines are different animals from the rest of the mil. When I was in the Army you'd get your **** jumped into if you called a 1Sgt or Sgm "sergeant"....Sgts,SSGs and SFCs didn't seem to mind most of the time.
You will get your **** jumped in the army if you call a first sergeant or a sergeant major "sergeant". All other NCO are supposed to be addressed as "sergeant"
Old 09-20-2008, 10:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I rarely if ever use "uhh" anymore, it's been replaced with the proper Naval terminology "******.. fuckinn... ohh what's his ****** name"
Occasionally I'll spit out a "what the ****, over"
The pull chocks hand signal and brakes on (stop) are pretty useful in a bar though.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by brad8266
You will get your **** jumped in the army if you call a first sergeant or a sergeant major "sergeant". All other NCO are supposed to be addressed as "sergeant"
That sounds like what I said. FWIW unless you were addressing a !sgt, Sgm or officer,it was just last names being used back and forth.

Anyhow this is about terminology;I'm gonna get hat and di di the **** outta here.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Jperran
"And Lowlife this is Savage our Fox Mike is Tango Uniform How copy Victor?"
"Scott, shut up and tell me if the radio works"
"no, it doesn't"
lmao thats awesome

LOL, an Army soldier called you "sarge"?? Ive never heard a soldier call an NCO that before in the Army.
same here, someone would crushed

Pretty lame, those are the kinds of guys that feel their dick grow when someone refers to their higher rank.

We have better things to concern ourselves with outside what some people would rather be addressed as. You dont see officers complaining about this, we are all addresed as sir/ma'am no matter if you are a LT or a General so i guess their promotions dont mean **** either.
Originally Posted by shandy294
the reason we call e-5:e8 sergeant is because its doctrine. anyone in a 1sg's position will be called 1sg, and e-9 will be addressed as sergeant major theres no other reasoning behind other than its doctrine.

the chevron point up is a symbol for male power, the more of them you the more power you have...

FYI Generals are supposed to addressed as General Sir, or General Ma'am

Last edited by Sbertolone; 10-07-2008 at 01:14 PM.