Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

If your a POG you might be offended...Get over it.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 05:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLACKSHARK
those of us who are considered non-combat arms but are decent soldiers wont get offended because alot of us can do a better job in combat than a lot of the combat arm peeps. unfortunately it doesn't seem to work well the other way around. nothing worse than trying to explain to a grunt where to sign his name........ then you wait 5 minutes and he asks you the same question again. ntm there poor taste in women. ^^

served in 101st ssb, 3/327th/ 1/32 cav all in Fort Campbell.

someome PM me if you was ever in any of those from 2001 to 2006.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Just alittle FYI:

Just because you wear the tab does not make you a Ranger, it means you attended and passed(ot saying its a tough school). Just recently all MOSs may attend Ranger school. Ask most 75th Rangers, being a Ranger is living the life-style not just having the tab.
doesnt that defeat the purpose of "Ranger" school and the "Ranger" tab?
Old 09-26-2008, 05:55 AM
12 Second Club

Whats the point of going to airborne or airassult school if your in a mech unit?
Do you see where I am going with this?
Old 09-26-2008, 06:33 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whats the point of going to airborne or airassult school if your in a mech unit?
Do you see where I am going with this?
Your first statement about being a Ranger was on point. Your second comment does not make sense.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's called being assignable and career education. Hell by your thinking why should we have any other MOS other than Combat Arms right?
Old 09-26-2008, 08:50 AM
TECH Regular

That's awesome!

Meh, I'm a pog at one of the camps mentioned. It's not a real deployment when we are here, true enough. That being said, my being here and doing my job means a bunch of soldiers can get calls & info in and out. I know the types of calls & data that travel my network, and know the importance of my job.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:59 AM
12 Second Club

I was making a point about being tabed. Just because your a Ranger or your airborne dosnt mean you will be using that skill in iraq. So being tabed does not stop you from being called a POG hell even being 11B you can be called a POG.

And yes, we do need support branches so we can eat and call home...

The hate comes from little things like being too dirty to come eat at the chow hall after directly comming back from a mission lasting days. Or sitting on the phones hearing some legal assistant saying he just got done clearing rooms all day(despit the punk never left the wire). Just little things like that.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

I've always known POG to be spelled POG but used REMF more than anything.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:29 AM
10 Second Club

A funny video! However, yes we do need those support roles to support and stand behind as we fight the fight! Just remember that not everyone wants to or are the right person for some jobs. Everyone serving is equally important in the grand scheme of things!
Old 09-26-2008, 09:55 PM
TECH Junkie

LOL chairborne rangers
Old 09-27-2008, 12:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1gen
LOL chairborne rangers
Lol, yep. Yer prolly better at your job than I would be...and vice versa.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:56 AM
TECH Junkie

I agree with packy though, I kid all in good fun. My first MOS before I got out was 18b but this time around I'll be an RN when I get my butter bar. Some of the nurses talk about being made fun of because theyre not really doing army things, but if I was to get injured I couldnt care less if they could read an OPORD or a WARNO or run a lane to perfection as long as I get to keep everything attatched and in one peice I'm grateful. And without that mechanic when your hmmv dies in the middle of a firefight youre fucked
Old 10-02-2008, 01:49 AM
On The Tree

Hey dude you from 5-20INF Stryker special task force unit by any chance if you are then i know who you are i rember a guy named Morgan when i was leaving there who said he was a member of LS1 tech and he had a badass 94 z28 also all i rember from his nake is Shark i saw ur from Ft.lewis thats why i mainly ask

Last edited by Stocktonz28; 10-02-2008 at 01:50 AM. Reason: n/a
Old 10-02-2008, 04:53 AM
12 Second Club

Your talking to him. Who is this.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

Your talking to him. Who is this.
Dude its me SPC Stockton the guy who was asking you alot about your Camaro when i was there from 3rd PLT i PCSed to Texas rember? i was hanging out at the CQ desk with you one night and i was completly plastered lol..... Also dude you shouldent talk so much **** about being Infantry or iraq without a patch on BOTH arms and a CIB on your chest dude....Those storys we told u cherrys were true about iraq none of us made anything up....you dont know how bad our MOS sucks ***** yet but soon you will. after your 1st deployment. Aslo dude why did you sell your camaro now MANBAGS the big goofy virgin dufess lcan smoke ur ***** in a Mustang GT.......i saw your down to 12's thats why i say that lol
Old 10-02-2008, 11:21 PM
12 Second Club

Think before you type bro Morgan isnt the only person who logs under this sn.
Morgan sold his camaro for a newer on his last camaro wen 11.1.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

i thought his last camaro was running high 10's i never got to ride in it though. So hows the tweezy goin? Did Elliot finally start working on his Cobra? i cant get ahold of that ******. After i get out of the army hopfully in December ill be heading back upto Ft.Lewis for a bit.Also try to help Manbags get laid that big goofy ****** needs it.God i love that guy....
Old 10-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Staging Lane

The two guys who wrote this are pretty cool. I met up with them while I was in Germany. They are with the 101st 1/502inf.
... is it for real? cause i've been in the 1/502 for almost 5 years, i heard this song going around fob st.micheal 3 years ago, and i know damn near all the mortars in the bn. i'll ask around find out.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2000KnightRider
used REMF more than anything.
REMF is awesome, and the best part is not many people know what it means.

Originally Posted by Wnts2Go10O
doesnt that defeat the purpose of "Ranger" school and the "Ranger" tab?
no the army's goal was to have 1 ranger qualified officer per company, and 1 ranger qualified NCO per infantry platoon. does it work that way? not really 90% of light infantry platoon leaders are ranger qualifed, its more of a leadership development course.

And yes, we do need support branches so we can eat and call home...

The hate comes from little things like being too dirty to come eat at the chow hall after directly comming back from a mission lasting days. Or sitting on the phones hearing some legal assistant saying he just got done clearing rooms all day(despit the punk never left the wire). Just little things like that.
BS I acquired my own VSAT dish and service in iraq, and well buy more food off the local market than I eat in my excuse for a dfac, cold mermites twice a day dont count much for chow.

bottom line is this, if you get offended by the term pog or remf or anything else, all that matters is you know what you did, you know where you went, and all that matters is how you feel about your service. no one can take that away from you.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Teching In

Im callin my EO advisor and IG... im pretty f'n offended

J/K

Quick Reply: If your a POG you might be offended...Get over it.