Originally Posted by StoleIt
That's Army Cadet 2nd Lt.

Here is the entire Army cadet chart:

gotcha.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brad8266
And how did I take your own words out of context? On one hand you say you see more shitbag NCO's at your station then you try to recover by saying most NCO's and officers are fine examples of leadership. We which is it then, make up your mind?
Most of them are good. But there are a few who are shitbags. Definitely more then privates. we just don't have a lot of shitbag privates here, or i don't see them.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Hibs
Most of them are good. But there are a few who are shitbags. Definitely more then privates. we just don't have a lot of shitbag privates here, or i don't see them.

So first you say more shitbag NCO's than lower enlisted and now its just a few shitty NCO's, lol.

Describe your idea of a shitbag NCO.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by brad8266
So first you say more shitbag NCO's than lower enlisted and now its just a few shitty NCO's, lol.

Describe your idea of a shitbag NCO.
hmm lets see last month had one beat his wife, another dui, another stopped showing up to work. all three of those got demoted. the other ones i consider shitbags are the ones who clearly don't give a **** about their job. only do enough to skate buy with their work, and army standards.

I think the worst private i've seen here is the smuck who can't pass his pt test because he's a fat bod

So yes, i see more shitbag NCO's here then i do privates.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

the other ones i consider shitbags are the ones who clearly don't give a **** about their job. only do enough to skate buy with their work, and army standards. .
Thats clearly just an opinion.

And as for the guys who got busted down those offenses are everywhere in the army and dont restrict themselves based on rank.

If you think the biggest shitbag lower enlisted guy is the one that cant pass the PT test then you obviously dont know many people or you hear what you want because every unit has plenty of bad apples.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:38 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

only do enough to skate buy with their work
What are these NCOs buying?
Old 10-12-2008, 09:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
What are these NCOs buying?
Old 10-12-2008, 10:11 PM
TECH Resident

so since they were demoted there are alot of **** bag lower enlisted now.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:17 PM
Staging Lane

If it wasnt my bc I would told him tactfully to "pound sand"
Old 10-12-2008, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

hmm lets see last month had one beat his wife, another dui, another stopped showing up to work. all three of those got demoted. the other ones i consider shitbags are the ones who clearly don't give a **** about their job. only do enough to skate buy with their work, and army standards.

I think the worst private i've seen here is the smuck who can't pass his pt test because he's a fat bod

So yes, i see more shitbag NCO's here then i do privates.
Those guys aren't NCO's they are sergeants.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by StoleIt
That's Army Cadet 2nd Lt.

actually when you go to drill as a cadet you always wear the dot no matter what your rank at your rotc batt
Old 10-16-2008, 01:35 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by OIF1VET
I retired 3 years ago, law or not, I wear my BDU tops around. I take pride in the fact that I served and don't see anything wrong with it.. Now I would never put my full uniform on and go wandering around, but just the top, I don't see the big deal..
With your rank, name tapes, patches, and badges? That's gay dude. Only homeless people usually do that. When you were in and saw some douche on post with his BDU top and blue jeans on, my guess is you would have fucked his world up as a Sergeant First Class. Wearing and old field jacket or goretex to stay warm is one thing. But just walking around with a BDU top on for no reason is a cry for attention if you ask me.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:46 PM
TECH Veteran

My son has the BDU cut offs for working in the yard but not walking around town. He'd never wear the jacket even without badges because his retired Marine Dad would strip him naked in public if he did. Maybe it's a 70's thing of pride or maybe it's because BDU's then had to be starched, pressed exact with all badges not a hair off center when worn in public by any soldier and only enlisted could wear them in public. You never saw a civvie with them on unless they were Vets from Nam who were a bit looney but we knew why they were, telling them to pound sand would be like saying "have a nice day". There wasn't much of a difference to them.

When anyone of any rank in the military stops calling out a soldier or civilian for wearing BDU's in public, it's time to re-name the US Military to World Police Sorta Military.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:55 PM
TECH Regular

Only time I've ever said anything to a civi was when they were trying to use the image to get something they wanted (i.e. a better seat on a airplane, free drinks, etc) thats the ONLY time I'll step in.

Now if I hear one talking stories up like he's a badass, I might play along a little and start asking the really hard questions that only a military member would know thats when its absolutely hilarious.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:59 PM
Restricted User

Why would a civilian use "the image" to get something?
Old 10-18-2008, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

because it's american nature, to get something nice or extra and not having to earn it
Old 10-18-2008, 05:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by socmguy
I've seen it a lot in Minnesota where someone pulls the "I was in Iraq and almost died....can I get a drink over here?" type thing. Simple conversation with them you get the real truth pretty damn fast they have no idea what its like to be in the military. One guy actually tried to use the story he was part of SEAL Team 10 and was 1 of the 4 survivors....funny only one lived.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Staging Lane

Wearing and old field jacket or goretex to stay warm is one thing.
i know our blue book allows, the m65, the ecws jacket, and black dress trench coat to be worn with civilian attire, as long as rank and tabs are removed from them... which would lead me to believe ar 670-1 allows it, so im looking it up right now

Originally Posted by GEARHED
When anyone of any rank in the military stops calling out a soldier or civilian for wearing BDU's in public, it's time to re-name the US Military to World Police Sorta Military.
its just bugs me when someone looks like an asshat while doing it.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:17 PM
Staging Lane

like the guy in army times who was collecting VA benefits.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Has anybody noticed the "new" fashion thing, they get these shirts and **** from real clothing places that have stripes on the sleeves and all the other good **** like duty badges and it's not that these guys are making them themselves, you can buy the **** like that. I was watching smash lab the other night when they were trying to bomb proof a plane, and the one dude had a blue button up shirt with AF TSgt stripes on. What is the world coming too? To mimic someone is flattery but I find that **** kinda insulting, since there are plenty of guys that had to earn those and these dicks are just buying it.

Quick Reply: What to say to a guy like this?