Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Stock Skittle vs Stock WS6

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question? If neons keep up with ls1's why don't they trap higher, especially since traction is an issue you would figure their trap speed would be better than 101 or 102? Stock to stock don't neons all come in manuals, so the only true stock to stock would be manual to manual and I just can't see two equal drivers racing these cars and a Neoooon ever winning? Don't know much about the cars, I know they become fast as hell(I lost to a stage 3). But the stock one I raced I killed.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chavez885
Now moving on, no way a stock neon is gonna pull an LS1 unless the LS1 had two fat bitches
Kinda funny...
Originally Posted by chavez885
and was 2.73'd A4.
@*&^!@ing hilarious.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Pit Bull
Hi gang....I just now joined your forum to share a bit of info with you:

My absolutely bone stock dumdumdumdum Neon on regular street tires and 93 oct fuel ran a 13.86, 13.84, and 13.88 at 101+ mph back in July.

Just compare your time slips. I have known some to run in the 13.6s bone stock on regular street tires and some that ran mid 14s with crappy drivers.

I drag race in the United Manual Transmission Racers series in Ohio and about 90% of the cars are Tangs, so me and the F-bodies have a common enemy. (finished 5th in pts and was runner-up at the Stick Shift Nats)

Now my car is running 12.7s at 110 with only a different ECU, plugs, IC, wastegate, and injectors. This is still on street tires with 93 oct gas and NOW minimal traction in 1st gear. My short times are still in the 2.0-2.1 range like when it was stock due to traction problems.
I agree w/ you. Those little cars are capable of alot. I would think fbody owners would be a little more empathetic considering how underrated an ls1 is. my friends m6 went 13.01@110 with a cutout on a stock m6 and some dr's in a 99 z28, full race weight etc. We can all throw numbers around, but its pointless.

The thing people have to keep in mind is even "STOCK" does not make every car equal. I agree that SOME stock srts can beat SOME stock fbodies. The people that have faster than normal srts will SWEAR they are faster stock fbodies. and people that owner faster than normal fbodies will SWEAR a srt cant beat them.

I would probably say the majority of stock fbodies are faster than the majority of stock srts, but its not impossible for it to happen, even w/o a shitty driver. I would think by now we wouldnt get so worked up from a video, espescially one so sketch as this one.

*edit* I have owned both, my srt was a close race for a few ls1's but not most. And my f body is much faster than my srt was in stock trim.

Last edited by JTelesone; 01-08-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by lemons12
i could be wrong.. but i dont believe that they can make over 400 to the ground with the stock turbo...
My buddy was going for the stock turbo record with his and was no where near 400whp. Maybe 350. Almost dead certain he had 343whp.

Ran 11.9

That motor is toast now though
Old 01-08-2009, 04:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i had a modded skittle have a hard time with my geared, intake, exhaust LT1 Z28. I know he had intake, exhaust and boost controller. don't remember what he was running for boost. Ran him and had him by a half car from a dig. A roll and it was closer. mine was an M6 w/ 3.73's. Just for comparison i raced a Lid and K&N drop in only Z28 and got beat by about 1.5-2 cars. Maybe the Skittle driver i raced needed a driver mod but he sure seemed to be doing fine. Anybody ever run into one of the newer RSX's with a turbo. i had one this summer try me on I94 when i was in my Vette. he got butchered but i haven't seen any turbo ones before?
Old 01-08-2009, 07:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lickeyman
My buddy was going for the stock turbo record with his and was no where near 400whp. Maybe 350. Almost dead certain he had 343whp.

Ran 11.9

That motor is toast now though
thats what i figured... the 11.9 isnt too shabby for a 4banger though...

not reliable enough i suppose..
Old 01-09-2009, 03:28 PM
TECH Regular

thats what i figured... the 11.9 isnt too shabby for a 4banger though...

not reliable enough i suppose..
He sprayed it on occasion and IMO wasn't setup for it right. Puked it's guts out on the freeway@80. Major fun. It lasted 2 years at 300+whp so I think it was fairly tough just didn't need any goofy gas thrown into the mix on that paticular combination. He's got another motor waiting to go in and this time he's putting the turbo from his old rb25 setup that made like 500+whp. (I'm still trying to talk him into a lsx 240 for his drifting.)

It did make a buttload of torque though on the stock turbo. It was well over 400.

Yeah 11.9 was pretty BA. On the street it was absolutely useless except on rolls.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Lickeyman
He sprayed it on occasion and IMO wasn't setup for it right. Puked it's guts out on the freeway@80. Major fun. It lasted 2 years at 300+whp so I think it was fairly tough just didn't need any goofy gas thrown into the mix on that paticular combination. He's got another motor waiting to go in and this time he's putting the turbo from his old rb25 setup that made like 500+whp. (I'm still trying to talk him into a lsx 240 for his drifting.)

It did make a buttload of torque though on the stock turbo. It was well over 400.

Yeah 11.9 was pretty BA. On the street it was absolutely useless except on rolls.
sounds sweet, i dont know what some of those things mean (rb25).. haha...

how much do those things weigh in stock trim?
Old 01-09-2009, 06:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

sounds sweet, i dont know what some of those things mean (rb25).. haha...
RB25 is the Nissan I6 from the Skyline (2.5L)
how much do those things weigh in stock trim?
Like 2600-2800lbs I think.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This is a little off topic, but I don't understand why everyone keeps talking about how an a4 ls1 z with 2.73s is a slow ls1. Mine has them, and with just a lid and catback, I put 2-3 cars on a g8 gt from a 25 roll until we let out. I was doing maybe 80 when I layed off. Back on topic, I think the srts are neat cars, I just wouldn't own one personally. And, every car is different, so I see why some stock neons would outrun some stock ls1s.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Swift_01_z-28
This is a little off topic, but I don't understand why everyone keeps talking about how an a4 ls1 z with 2.73s is a slow ls1. Mine has them, and with just a lid and catback, I put 2-3 cars on a g8 gt from a 25 roll until we let out. I was doing maybe 80 when I layed off. Back on topic, I think the srts are neat cars, I just wouldn't own one personally. And, every car is different, so I see why some stock neons would outrun some stock ls1s.

Well, i think they mean its the slowest combo. not necessarily SLOW. just comparitively. With even a 3.23, or just an M6 it can be considerably quicker. That said. My monte SS is getting an LS1 and probably a stalled auto. Those things sure are fun
Old 01-09-2009, 10:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
RB25 is the Nissan I6 from the Skyline (2.5L)

Like 2600-2800lbs I think.
didnt really care what it was.. haha but thanks for telling me! i wont care what they are until i get threatened to be beat by one...

damn, a lot lighter than i though..

Originally Posted by Swift_01_z-28
stock they are slow.. most all stock cars are slow... when talking drag racing.. compared to other stock cars, drag racing wise.. they arent that slow at all...

Originally Posted by SPLATT
Well, i think they mean its the slowest combo. not necessarily SLOW. just comparitively. With even a 3.23, or just an M6 it can be considerably quicker. That said. My monte SS is getting an LS1 and probably a stalled auto. Those things sure are fun
it is not necessarily always the slowest combo... a 6 speed wont always beat it.. and a 323 geared 02 wont always beat a 237 geared 98...

its street racing, ANYTHING can happen..

and i wouldnt say considerably quicker... when talking stock ls1s, on average (if truly BONE stock), your talking 1 car length or so.. that to me is not considerably quicker..
Old 01-10-2009, 08:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

it is not necessarily always the slowest combo... a 6 speed wont always beat it.. and a 323 geared 02 wont always beat a 237 geared 98...

Well, yes. but im talking about all the combos given equal Drivers. Now, throw a stall in and that is a whole different equation
Old 01-10-2009, 11:25 AM

AWESOME!

i thought i loved manual... i bought one to DD, so i could park my TA.. and i sold it a month later.... hardly ever drove it.. drove the trans am 8/10 times.
LOL, yeah I would never want to daily drive a stick car. I really don't drive mine a ton, just when I'm specifically looking for a race (my 2002 is alot faster than my other 2 due to WAY more power) or when I want to just bang gears. Otherwise I love my LT1 and G8 because of the autos!
Old 01-10-2009, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^true, If mine were driven every day you can bet i would have a stalled auto in there. I cant say i do not love banging gears though.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well, yes. but im talking about all the combos given equal Drivers. Now, throw a stall in and that is a whole different equation
even given equal drivers its not always the case..

not all cars are equal...

your trying to have a race in a make believe world... in the real world, anything can happen..

SHOULD a 02 323 geared car beat a 98 273 geared car.. yes of course.. will it always? who knows?
Old 01-10-2009, 08:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't really think it matters if a stock 2.73 geared a4 is consider slow by some peoples standards. I have bolt-ons and am about to add a 3600 stall and some rims with some wider tires, so really the thought of them being slow is irrelevant. In any case, I am still waiting on my chance to run an dumdumdumdum and see what they are capable of for myself. I've been trying to talk my girl into getting one or a new lancer ralliart, those are some pretty nice cars.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

even given equal drivers its not always the case..

not all cars are equal...

your trying to have a race in a make believe world... in the real world, anything can happen..

SHOULD a 02 323 geared car beat a 98 273 geared car.. yes of course.. will it always? who knows?
Sigh, well seems like theres always something to say defend your auto...I beat autos all the time, does it make an M6 better? absolutely not. No point arguing. I respect and like both. some manuals will lose to equal modded autos and some autos will lose to equal modded Manuals. no big deal.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sigh, well seems like theres always something to say defend your auto...I beat autos all the time, does it make an M6 better? absolutely not. No point arguing. I respect and like both. some manuals will lose to equal modded autos and some autos will lose to equal modded Manuals. no big deal.
im not defending autos.. im not defending manuals.. im not defending 323s nor 273s....
ANY given STOCK ls1 can beat ANY given STOCK ls1.. that is my point... an ls1 is an ls1 is an ls1... yes in a perfect world some should walk away very easily... but in reality that doesnt happen, sometimes its turned around..

in drag racing.. its not very often that a equally modded auto loses to a equally modded manual (this being of course modded meaning cam only bolt on cars)

ive never been beat my a manual........... my auto is better!
Old 01-11-2009, 08:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by PhillyLS1
How many SR T-4's have you guys owned?
I've owned a SR T-4 and 3 LS1's and now an LS3 vette.
Stop being ignorant. You guys sound just like the import guys about honda's or Ford guys about the 03/04 Cobras believe'n the hype.

SR T-4s are a 13 second car that weigh 2900 pounds w/ forced induction. A stock skittle can hang next to a stock LS1. Period end of story.

Jesus Christ
Not sure who your calling ignorant . Dont really care what you owned either. I dont need to own a srt to know most run low 14's high 13's at best stock...last time I checked a well driven 6spd ls1 runs deep in the low 13's..sorry a "skittle" lol isnt hanging.

Last edited by MonmouthCtyLS7; 01-11-2009 at 09:01 AM.