Road Trip Pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 09:23 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

nice pics
Old 02-13-2009, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i should have tooken some 2 when i went to louisiana this past week.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:26 AM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by egott_91
How fast your traveling on those wide open roads?!

Pictures are suhweeeet!
Thanks. I'm traveling around the speed limit.
I got pulled over off of I-40... Because the cop saw a Firebird and thought "something's probably illegal - easy money". Good thing everything on my car is New Mexico legal and I wasn't breaking any traffic laws. No ticket for me. Thanks for letting the hot chick in the Grand Am in front of me get away. Dick.

Originally Posted by Raptor_WS6
glad to see you are still alive lee
Me too. I had to put it in reverse and back down a narrow, windy mountain road to Taos in the snow due to a 1"-2" base of snow on the road. Got halfway up and it got colder and colder, and then my car started sliding - which is when I tried to put cables on, which I couldn't get tight enough. So since I have those high-output halogens in my reverse lights I managed to melt/deform my reverse housings by reversing for about 10-15 minutes. It was also kind of crazy leaving Breckenridge in a snow storm... Had to go about 35MPH on a part of I-70E (before the tunnel) to keep from sliding. I talked with some guy running a snow plow - said he had an 02 WS6 and that I should have been able to drive my F-body on near-bald summer tires up a steep, icy, banked, windy mountain road in 20 degree weather, and that it was just driver ability.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lmfao

how are you electrical shorts, adam told us at bobs
Old 02-15-2009, 07:40 PM
12 Second Club

Temporarily resolved. I narrowed it down to the wiring for the aftermarket alarm. Wiggled a few wires and pushed a few buttons and it works somewhat reliably again, if at least temporarily. Now to fix the grinding headlight motor (that started on Thursday night)...
Old 02-16-2009, 07:04 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ZexGX
said he had an 02 WS6 and that I should have been able to drive my F-body on near-bald summer tires up a steep, icy, banked, windy mountain road in 20 degree weather, and that it was just driver ability.
It's crazy what experienced drivers can do in the snow. Although, he may've been exaggerating somewhat, those that grew up in areas with regular snow coverage can get through some pretty hairy stuff with just about any tire (save for slicks lol).

Guess it's time to look for some new tails eh? That sucks about the meltage.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did I miss what you're doing?
Old 02-17-2009, 11:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by blackz93
Did I miss what you're doing?
Yes.

Here's a couple more pics from New Mexico (sorry about the dirty car):

These are just some of the ones I took of my car... I'll post the landscape shots later.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:54 PM
On The Tree

^That one would have been great if your car was clean. But nice pic anyway. I love your first pic. Good luck and don't pick up hitch hikers (unless they look like carmen electra)
Old 02-18-2009, 06:34 AM
LEO
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like fun. Amazing pics.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:48 PM
11 Second Club

Great pics! looks like it was a fun trip.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

i lived in NM for quite sometime. I would love to take my Trans Am out west to get some good shots
Old 03-01-2009, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im not sure if anyone asked but where do you plan on heading and how long are you going to stay on the road?

I drove straight thru to San Diego/Orange County last March from MI. No stopping for sleep, we didnt have time for that, haha. On the way tho in the middle of nowhere of New Mexico surrounded by desert at about 3am we got hit by the biggest snow storm ever! Being from MI, it wasnt so bad for us but the few cars we did see were pulling over for the snow to stop. It was easier to see with the headlights off because it was coming straight at us, not falling down, and those annoying divits on the side of the freeways that make noise when you drive on them to let you know you are going off the road, actually came in handy... When we finally got thru it, the whole car was caked with snow and the very nice indian people at the gas station asked us where the hell the snow came from? We asked them the same question thinking that something like that would never happen in the middle of a desert.

Case in point, be prepared for anything because it can and will happen.

Enjoying the pictures, makes me want to head back out there.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:06 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fb0dy0nly
Im not sure if anyone asked but where do you plan on heading and how long are you going to stay on the road?

I drove straight thru to San Diego/Orange County last March from MI. No stopping for sleep, we didnt have time for that, haha. On the way tho in the middle of nowhere of New Mexico surrounded by desert at about 3am we got hit by the biggest snow storm ever! Being from MI, it wasnt so bad for us but the few cars we did see were pulling over for the snow to stop. It was easier to see with the headlights off because it was coming straight at us, not falling down, and those annoying divits on the side of the freeways that make noise when you drive on them to let you know you are going off the road, actually came in handy... When we finally got thru it, the whole car was caked with snow and the very nice indian people at the gas station asked us where the hell the snow came from? We asked them the same question thinking that something like that would never happen in the middle of a desert.

Case in point, be prepared for anything because it can and will happen.

Enjoying the pictures, makes me want to head back out there.
Hah, I'm already back home... Never posted the landscape shots and I probably won't unless somebody requests them. And yeah I thought I was prepared with the wires, but my hands and my car weren't agreeing with it. I also got snowed on in the New Mexico desert when I went to sleep at a rest stop... Went to sleep with it dry outside, then woke up and discovered it was 26 degrees in the car and it snowed sideways in the middle of the night. On top of that, ice had formed on my tires and all over the rest stop pavement, not to mention on the inside of my windshield! Backed up and the whole car went CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK *slide* because of the frozen tires with flat spots... LOL. It went away when they warmed up or the ice broke off.

Before that, it was dusk and getting dark fast with some light snow. I was driving across the CO/NM border on the 25 and this RX-8 goes zooming past me. About 5 miles later as I get near the top of the summit and start to see the first millimeter of snow sticking to the ground, a few seconds later I see and pass the RX-8 which is now doing 30MPH. I whiz by at 65-70 with plenty of traction, laughing as I thought "you have no idea." As soon as I left the mountains and got into New Mexico it was nice and dry... Or so I thought.

Last edited by ZexGX; 03-01-2009 at 09:12 PM.