Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Memphis Street Racing 02-22-09 - Mellon Tuning EVO vs Danocamaross Premier for #1

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 05:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jab
Old 02-25-2009, 05:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
jab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jabjab jab jab
Definition of maturity.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by keith_AE2010
Would you guys PLEASE read the thread before posting. The issue is resolved, so stop taking jabs at me. This thread has nothing to do with my car.
Skinnies are not for power, they are for weight reduction; therefore helping any car they are put on. And my engine puts out 155 hp, not my motor. Thank you all.
your just getting back lash because of your earlier comments. Sad part is we're not even on an evo board and people still agree with the evo guy.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:20 PM
11 Second Club

Imagine that...it got ridiculous in here.

-Will
Old 02-25-2009, 08:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

What was that silver 4 door car out running everything else? The evo is awesome but I was impressed by the 4 door. I live in Dyersburg and would like to come down one weekend and watch ya'll race.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:30 PM
Teching In

sorry but our events are for racers, the video is for the spectators
Old 02-26-2009, 02:08 PM
TECH Regular

Damn that was a slow *** GTO. He got his *** handed to him by every car out there.

Last edited by edzsilverss; 02-26-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Banging some gears

mellon... you are slow that is all
Old 02-26-2009, 04:09 PM
Teching In

you sombitch!

I have a new fuel rail on the way and it's gonna be so purty
Old 02-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Banging some gears

sweetness! well i said **** worrying about my job situation and blew all my tax return yesterday! 28x11.5 15's for the back and wittle bitty skinny's for the front!! WOOT im ready for the next meet
Old 02-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Teching In

haha, you only live once brother, better enjoy it
Old 02-26-2009, 08:14 PM
TECH Addict

Camaro race was the only one worth watching.... he needs to get that ca to hook and scream out the hole. I could run faster then that hahaha.

Agreed that you need to post some vids of you runing cars that are in the same ET range. I know there are a ton of serious power cars in Memphis Go find them and post the vid
Old 02-26-2009, 08:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
Camaro race was the only one worth watching.... he needs to get that ca to hook and scream out the hole. I could run faster then that hahaha.

Agreed that you need to post some vids of you runing cars that are in the same ET range. I know there are a ton of serious power cars in Memphis Go find them and post the vid

How about some that are way faster on the track?

Premier Automotosports turbo Formula, high 8's @ mid 150's - EVO @ 600awhp on 93 octane 30psi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tnayma_7Mw&fmt=22

Ej's Turbo Mustang, low 9's at mid 140's - EVO @ 500awhp on 93 octane 30psi (before head/cam upgrade)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCFbDxisBxU&fmt=22

Q-tip's 5 second 1/8th mile blown chevelle (1/4 mile time unknown but supposedly 900+rwhp) @ 600awhp on 93 octane 30psi - race is at 2:20 into the vid and a Sprayed LT1 wanted to give it a try at 1:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poOlkEeklvQ&fmt=22

Danocamaross' Premier Automotosports sprayed Camaro SS, 10.8 @ 126 - EVO @ 700awhp on Q16 40psi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5oGILyVd7M&fmt=22

I think that pretty much sums it up at least in recent months.

Keep in mind that I didn't call ANY of these cars out, they all wanted to beat the EVO and called me out. I don't go around picking on people.

Last edited by Mellon; 02-26-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:17 PM
TECH Addict

Why not race them at the track? On a preped track they are going to do better and so would you, it would level the playing feild....... hitting one of those poles would be game over.

I never went out picking on people either, I just let them come to me. Nobody wanted to race me in the old 83 BBC bottle car.... nobody could run with me out of the hole haha. 75mph going into second all motor 7,000 RPM is sweet haha. I was on 7 cylinders also...

Well one fguy I know did, has a Nova that runs bottom 9's on the motor and a GN with mods and the bottle, wanted to run me in the GN with me on the motor.... never happend.

We got a 55 chevy up here thats on the street from time to time and runs 6.9's in the 1/4. Nodody says they have the fastest street car hahahaha.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:28 PM
Teching In

level the playing field? I drive my car to work every day and it's full weight and stock trim on the stock ecu and stock mas. I have a 4 door 4 cylinder, racing against gutted, tubbed, slicked, 8/9 second, parachuted, trailer queen, v8's with automatics haha...give me a break dude.

the turbo formula is at ~1200rwhp now and the turbo mustang was just upgraded and at ~1400rwhp now, so yeah, they'll make me look silly at the track...there's no surprise there. This isn't the track, this is street racing, the car with the most power doesn't always win and some people can't figure that out.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:40 PM
TECH Addict

So you agreed that at the track it would be a different story??? When you say that at the track they would win but you say on the street the car with more power does not allways means is another way of saying that you race people that are at a dis-advantage honestly. 4 wheel drives hook fairly well regradless of the prep. Granted to many people build big power cars but don't know how to make the cars hook. None or those cars really get out of the hole good but being on the street with no prep thats pretty hard to do so in the end you punch it and go while everyone else if fighting to get it to hook or leave hard but at the track with them hooking and leaving hard it would be a different story as you said.

Plenty of daily drivers in the 1,000RWHP range that are also not gutted....

Plenty more that are not daily drivers that are in the 8's and only see the trailer to go to the track.

Some people daily drive their car's some choose not to. I enjoy mine more when I don't drive them every day, its a to each their own thing. One does not make you better thn the other. Around here at least the daily driver comments are only made by the improrts and the truley fast imports are not daily driven, could be, but are not.

So?????

Racing big power cars on the street is dumb and stupid, even people that are pro street racing agree to that. Way to dangerous and street racing is bad enough by itself. 10's is about the fastest you will find racing on the street in these parts. My old combo was nuts on the street and I never dared sprayed it.

Guess you could race a bike???? Plenty of them that are fast and daily riden.... but I guess you would say "but its a ton lighter"???

You also can't use the daily driven argument when you are burning Q16... I don't know anyone that can afford to daily drive and kind of race gas. If you are burning pump gas then cool but the second you put in the good stuff then its not really a daily driver.... maybe you are loaded and could afford it though.....

In the end you still drive a 4 door 4 banger with a big ole wing on it that stock cost more then most of the 9 sec street cars runing around complete..........

I dunno.... maybe I am just used to being arond big power street cars that hook and run single digets.....
Sorry I am not swinging from your nuts... it just gets old when people post vides of them racing way slower cars then start to throw up all these excuses abou how they DD their stuff or how its not stripped ect ect. Who really cars if its stripped? I liked gutter cars as long as the have the plastic and all still in them but even if they don't who cares? The pastic weighs next to nothing.

I knew a Honda kid that DD his car, no interior but the dash and two seats, no door pannels, no carpet, no WHIPERS!!!!! I thought it was crazy but it was his choice.....

Beating a gutted car is just as much of a ricer excuse as saying "I won and my car is not gutted".

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 02-26-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:10 PM
Staging Lane

Mellon u ever been beat with the set-up you have now? That thing is insane!
Old 02-27-2009, 01:16 AM
11 Second Club

dude much respect, and we all know those car he is racing would likely take him on the track but i gotta admit that this is STREET racing, he is WINNING on the STREET...yes the other cars are faster on the track but not on the STREET
Old 02-27-2009, 01:51 AM
Staging Lane

Sick Evo... good kill
Old 02-27-2009, 01:56 AM
Racer

Something's wrong with that Camaro.
It has a Vindicator and Trickflow heads and only runs high 10s at 125ish on the bottle.
Hell Ive been 10.89@123 on the STOCK H/C.
He should trap 121+ on motor & 131+ on the bottle.
Somethings not right.