Old 06-12-2009, 12:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hoosier qtps 27x11.5 and skinnies in the front. lol
Old 06-12-2009, 01:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by deanh8
On the way to work one morning just driving normal the car died. Threw a crank pos sensor code, couldnt get it to run for awhile. Decided to tear into the engine and found the timing chain said **** life. Now im stuck with 16 bent valves and 8 ruined pistons. Its gonna be down for awhile. And I only got to spray on it once!!!

It will be an all new beast when its done, just dont know which route I want to go yet. New to all this LSx stuff...

as it currently sits:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2..._4681small.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2..._4717small.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2..._4737small.jpg
haha yea that dam spray........
Old 06-12-2009, 08:57 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by deanh8
On the way to work one morning just driving normal the car died. Threw a crank pos sensor code, couldnt get it to run for awhile. Decided to tear into the engine and found the timing chain said **** life. Now im stuck with 16 bent valves and 8 ruined pistons. Its gonna be down for awhile. And I only got to spray on it once!!!

It will be an all new beast when its done, just dont know which route I want to go yet. New to all this LSx stuff...

as it currently sits:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2..._4681small.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2..._4717small.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2..._4737small.jpg
Sorry to hear that buddy but sounds like something promising on the way

Good luck Dean

peace
Old 06-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
haha yea that dam spray........
A lot of miles + a lot of abuse I guess.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wonder how much different the race would've been in the auto...

I know I'm swapping to an auto th400 like you, but prob a lower stall speed (3200) for the boost.

My car's sole purpose will be to race GSXR1k's and busa's with my new combo.

Your car has ALWAYS ran sick in my book, whether rowing gears or shifting twice
Old 06-12-2009, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99Z28LS1

I know I'm swapping to an auto th400 like you, but prob a lower stall speed (3200) for the boost.

depends on if youre gonna race them from a dig, or you wanna just find them on the highway.

my car was fast with the auto, but being th400 is a non lockup, you're losing MPH. And when going from a roll, mph is all that really matters. et and 60' are irrelevent. The trans eats up more power and slips, thats just the way it is.

so if youre gonna be running these bikes at the track, youre on the right path, but if its a street car / fun car like mine, youll be switching back.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

i say keep the m6 man....
Old 06-15-2009, 12:35 PM
TECH Resident

Hey Jermzz do you know if the zo you raced in this vid was from Fresno?
Old 06-15-2009, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by allthrotle
Hey Jermzz do you know if the zo you raced in this vid was from Fresno?
he was from san jose.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jermzz
he was from san jose.
oh, ok I was thinking of a different zo.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

depends on if youre gonna race them from a dig, or you wanna just find them on the highway.

my car was fast with the auto, but being th400 is a non lockup, you're losing MPH. And when going from a roll, mph is all that really matters. et and 60' are irrelevent. The trans eats up more power and slips, thats just the way it is.

so if youre gonna be running these bikes at the track, youre on the right path, but if its a street car / fun car like mine, youll be switching back.
This will be completely a street car, I have no ambitions to run 8's or 9's... I LOVE beating bikes, I've walked many 600's in my STS and cam only 6 speed car. plus 1 05' GSXR750. I walked past him at 145 though

Not to mention, trying to shift the car when it's making 750+rwhp vs letting the tranny do all of the work and not loosing any boost in between shifts while utilizing a 2.73 gear seems much easier. Plus auto's load the turbo much better than the M6

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
i say keep the m6 man....
sorry I dont mean to hijack jermzz, but...

I would love to, but I bought the trans for $750 and stall for $700 and the tranny is good for 1200rwhp vs having to take my semi built T56 and have it reduilt and buy an expensive twin or triple disc when this auto will do the same... I'm not trying to go 190MPH... just enough to stretch the bikes out... the tranny is geared low and I will have a 12 bolt with 2.73's out back on a 26" tire
Old 06-15-2009, 08:05 PM
TECH Resident

^ you could probably do a 28in tire and squeeze a little bit more out of it on the top.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by allthrotle
^ you could probably do a 28in tire and squeeze a little bit more out of it on the top.
not only would that help, but help load the turbo and get a few more MPH on the top end
Old 06-16-2009, 10:09 AM
TECH Resident

not only would that help, but help load the turbo and get a few more MPH on the top end
Well there ya go, 325/50/15 mt drag radials. Thats like a 28x13.5x15 street legal and you wouldnt have traction issues.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, Let me get this straight cause sometimes im a little slow about these things... So you purposely pulled out your auto and put in a six speed to go freeway racing? Hmmmm odd, now I'm wondering how long ago you sold your Camaro? Just curious cause it sounds like you bought a Supra and moved to Texas.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cyipher
Ok, Let me get this straight cause sometimes im a little slow about these things... So you purposely pulled out your auto and put in a six speed to go freeway racing? Hmmmm odd, now I'm wondering how long ago you sold your Camaro? Just curious cause it sounds like you bought a Supra and moved to Texas.
You, sir, are a ******* retard. Do you even understand the context in which that post was typed?

It was merely a response to someone wondering how the race would have differed if my car was still an auto.

Not that its ANY ******* business of yours, but I didn't switch back to a six speed to freeway race. Ill race whoever, HOWEVER they wanna race. Whether that be from a dig, roll, what the **** ever. I'm just in it for the fun, and I've been racing from a dig for 6 years with a six speed prior to switching to an auto for the short time that I did. I swapped back to a six speed for the drivability. An A3 wasn't working for me, and completely non consistant with the primary goal of my car when I started building it. A reliable, streetabe, fun to drive car that made good power.

If that's not a sufficient answer, go **** yourself and troll someone esle' thread
Old 06-16-2009, 08:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh okay then, head up off a flashlight my street? Oh that's right you speed density race car doesn't run well at elevation... Also if need be I will start a new call out thread for you in the appropriate forum.

Hugs and kisses,
Cyipher
Old 06-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Teching In

Oh okay then, head up off a flashlight my street? Oh that's right you speed density race car doesn't run well at elevation... Also if need be I will start a new call out thread for you in the appropriate forum.

Hugs and kisses,
Cyipher

your a tool. have you ever actually seen this car in person? its pretty freaking sick man.

nice kill man. cool to see you went back to six speed. at least you know which one you prefer
Old 06-16-2009, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hugs and kisses,
Cyipher
dude shut up... dont talk trash in his thread. his camaro would put your ride to shame. so just stop while your ahead.

speaking of talking ****.. hows that elky guy going? u see his mustang yet...

Quick Reply: Jermzz 454 vs cammed c6 z06. (freeway)