Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

C6 Z06 vs C6 ZR1 vs HKS GT570 GTR (MUST SEE)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bboyferal
The ZR-1 is on the entire bone stock exhaust system from front to back, not with deleted cats like the GTR, which you should know makes a huge difference for a turbo car...

Gimme a ******* break dude... Neither of these cars has extensive mods, man... Stop trying to make it seem like the ZR-1 has ANYTHING other than what the GTR has... More boost, tune, and light tweaks... They are perfectly comparable, the GTR and ZR-1 in this thread... They are both bolt-on FI cars, and the ZR-1 blows it out of the water by a large margin... Hell, the stock ZR-1 keeps up with it. Don't get carried away.

Again, neither has anything extensive... That's it.
Who said the stock ZR1 exhaust is a restriction? But we do know that the GTR becomes heatsoaked after several back to back runs, whether on a dyno or highway racing.

The fastest GTR with these modifications I believe is a 10.3 at 136mph. Not far off from the ZR1's time
Old 06-19-2009, 02:24 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would laugh if i saw one of those cars switch lanes and gtr smashes into it at 300 km/h
Old 06-19-2009, 04:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 25psi
Who said the stock ZR1 exhaust is a restriction? But we do know that the GTR becomes heatsoaked after several back to back runs, whether on a dyno or highway racing.

The fastest GTR with these modifications I believe is a 10.3 at 136mph. Not far off from the ZR1's time
LOL!!! You really think the car, AN FI SUPERCHARGED CAR, wouldn't do better with long tubes or a cat delete from its OEM exhaust???

Trust me, that ZR-1 is FAR from full bolt-ons...

Again, you have failed to demonstrate that the ZR-1's mods are more extensive than the GTR's. You implied that and its wrong. Neither car has extensive modifications and they ARE a good comparison...

136 mph is a good bit away from 141 mph for having the "same" degree of modifications, car per car.

And there's a reason for that, all else equal, the ZR-1 is a faster car, end of story... Around a track or on a straight... In every way.

I've defended the GTR on countless threads and you know that, but now you really are being a bit unfair.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

The ZR-1 is on the entire bone stock exhaust system from front to back, not with deleted cats like the GTR, which you should know makes a huge difference for a turbo car...
Of course it does. With the addition of longtubes and getting rid of the cats, I'd bet the ZR1 picks up 30-40rwhp/tq throughout the curve and maybe just a tad less at peak.

Gimme a ******* break dude... Neither of these cars has extensive mods, man... Stop trying to make it seem like the ZR-1 has ANYTHING other than what the GTR has... More boost, tune, and light tweaks... They are perfectly comparable, the GTR and ZR-1 in this thread... They are both bolt-on FI cars, and the ZR-1 blows it out of the water by a large margin... Hell, the stock ZR-1 keeps up with it. Don't get carried away.

Again, neither has anything extensive... That's it.
Agreed BUT looks to me in the videos that the bone stock ZR1 was pulling multiple cars on that HKS GTR

No one said the exhaust was terribly restrictive but there is ALWAYS room for improvement, especially on a FI car. You talk as if the GTR is the only car to easily heat soak? Newsflash gaybo, the ZR1 is running a goddamn positive displacement supercharger that's known for creating a good amount a heat as well, after multiple runs. Sure it's more efficient than its siblings but that still doesn't negate the fact that it too creates heat. The corvette engineering team said the stock intercooling system was near its limits from the factory. All Lingenfelter did was take care of the "bottleneck" much like the HKS system takes care of the weak actuators on the GTR.

Really? I'll bet that was done in some pretty gnarly conditions too right? Guess what? The ZR1 that I posted about just went 10.03 @ 141.50 in +3000 DA.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...41-50-mph.html
Old 06-20-2009, 02:21 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats gonna be there 9 sec package almost 750 rwhp