Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

How not to pull a motor...

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 05:49 PM
Banned Village Idiot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP i would delete this thread ASAP!!!! your just making yourself look like a dumbass
Old 12-17-2009, 05:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

only reason I used the ramps is because I myself feel its safer to use ramps, then it is jackstands. IMHO there is a heck of alot more chance of the cherry picker "pulling" the car off the jack stands then pulling the rear tires OVER the huge "stop" on the front of the ramps. OP, can you tell me what forum you got these pictures from? im curious as to who is trying to claim the car is theres, if that is the case
Old 12-17-2009, 05:51 PM
TECH Regular

OP .... dumb ***! LOL

Red Foreman
Old 12-17-2009, 05:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anybody in this thread that called the OP an idiot/retard/moron/dumb ***/etc etc etc can go **** off... Maybe he isn't the one that is all those things and it is actually yourself?
There is a major difference between being the mentioned things and IGNORANT! Being ignorant is NOT a bad thing, just means you have more to learn. Honestly, if I didn't know anything about these cars I would probably call someone an idiot for doing it that way also. That is most definitely NOT the first thing I would think to do while pulling an engine. Although, since I know these cars if I saw that picture I wouldn't think anything of it knowing that many people pull the engine that way. I personally like pulling it from the top because I think it is easier.

Again, look the definitions up for ignorance and stupidity/idiot/etc etc etc, you will find that the name calling is not needed. I have no idea why he posted it up, but if it was because he thought it was strange to pull the engine from the bottom, the name calling isn't just, and you actually are making yourself look like a dumb ***.

My .02.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:58 PM
Banned Village Idiot

^^^ take your .02 somewhere else dumbass lol
Old 12-17-2009, 06:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 01FbTaWs6
only reason I used the ramps is because I myself feel its safer to use ramps, then it is jackstands. IMHO there is a heck of alot more chance of the cherry picker "pulling" the car off the jack stands then pulling the rear tires OVER the huge "stop" on the front of the ramps. OP, can you tell me what forum you got these pictures from? im curious as to who is trying to claim the car is theres, if that is the case
They aren't claiming the car is theirs at all, I do believe they know you though... Its too bad that people keep calling me a dumbass and such when all i said was that I wouldnt trust using ramps holding the car like that when the front was so high, thats all i stated and not once did I say you were dumb for doing it!

I also said I believe you guys when you said its easy to take it from the bottom but yet I still get called a dumbass because my personal preference is that isn't safe IMO... I fail to see why some people on here feel like they need to bash someone on their opinion even when what im saying isn't wrong in anyway but its rather just my opinion there could be a safer way...

Even on this thread where f-body guys are common never call anyone dumb for posting it but rather are actually respect and educate them it is a common way to pull the motor/trans, Here is the thread...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ull-motor.html
Old 12-17-2009, 06:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lemons12
Anybody in this thread that called the OP an idiot/retard/moron/dumb ***/etc etc etc can go **** off... Maybe he isn't the one that is all those things and it is actually yourself?
There is a major difference between being the mentioned things and IGNORANT! Being ignorant is NOT a bad thing, just means you have more to learn. Honestly, if I didn't know anything about these cars I would probably call someone an idiot for doing it that way also. That is most definitely NOT the first thing I would think to do while pulling an engine. Although, since I know these cars if I saw that picture I wouldn't think anything of it knowing that many people pull the engine that way. I personally like pulling it from the top because I think it is easier.

Again, look the definitions up for ignorance and stupidity/idiot/etc etc etc, you will find that the name calling is not needed. I have no idea why he posted it up, but if it was because he thought it was strange to pull the engine from the bottom, the name calling isn't just, and you actually are making yourself look like a dumb ***.

My .02.
Thank you! Finally someone with some respect, I guess some people just feel like they have to use profanity and call people names which is always a good way to educate someone right?
Old 12-17-2009, 06:07 PM
11 Second Club

i dont know any of them guys. And I surelly wasnt spinning any procharger on my car, as its NA, and its only got 106k on it, HAHAHA, where did the 125k come from. Apparently someone is claiming it as theres.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by PhillyLS1
Boo this man! Booo the OP

Booooooooooo
booooooooooooooooo!
Old 12-17-2009, 06:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 12-17-2009, 06:15 PM
11 Second Club

alright, I now posted over there. This is fun
Old 12-17-2009, 06:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
Its too bad that people keep calling me a dumbass and such when all i said was that I wouldnt trust using ramps holding the car like that when the front was so high, thats all i stated and not once did I say you were dumb for doing it!

I also said I believe you guys when you said its easy to take it from the bottom but yet I still get called a dumbass because my personal preference is that isn't safe IMO... I fail to see why some people on here feel like they need to bash someone on their opinion even when what im saying isn't wrong in anyway but its rather just my opinion there could be a safer way...
the title of the thread is "how not to pull a motor" anybody who reads that is gonna think, someone pulled a motor out the wrong way. You should have titled the thread "Pulling a motor on car ramps...unsafe???" or something along those lines. then there wouldnt be all the bashing.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01FbTaWs6
i dont know any of them guys. And I surelly wasnt spinning any procharger on my car, as its NA, and its only got 106k on it, HAHAHA, where did the 125k come from. Apparently someone is claiming it as theres.
Let the epicness begin
Old 12-17-2009, 06:23 PM
11 Second Club

^^^ forsure. haha. I dont care that someone is claiming it. That person is just going ot have a heck of a hard time trying to prove where there car went, when there buddies want to come check it out......
Old 12-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by J LT1 TA
the title of the thread is "how not to pull a motor" anybody who reads that is gonna think, someone pulled a motor out the wrong way. You should have titled the thread "Pulling a motor on car ramps...unsafe???" or something along those lines. then there wouldnt be all the bashing.
I agree, but when I originally posted it I didn't think it was the proper way, then I was educated that is how most of you guys pull the motors and now i know! But I do think the people who came in bashing and using profanity and such went about "educating" the wrong way completely... If I could change the title I would have
Old 12-17-2009, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lemons12

My .02.
he posted this thread with bad intentions and to try to make the guy changing his engine look like a dumbass. I think he had it coming to him, but i wont call hin any names i will just laugh that he owned himself.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:56 PM
TECH Resident

The problem is not the ignorance, but the spirit in which the thread was made. It was made to bash the person in the picture for pulling their motor like that. Had the op simply posted and said seems unsafe to leave the back wheels on ramps like that, or is this how an ls1 is normally pulled, their wouldn't have been even a quarter of this response. If you don't no something, you shouldnt try to insult someone for using a method u are not knowledgeable about.

Either way though, the op apologized about it and admitted that he didn't no better so all is well basically.

As for the people claiming to own somebody else's car, well that's a whole different story.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LS1BLKSS
^^^ take your .02 somewhere else dumbass lol
How about I shove in up your ******* ***? On second thought, I won't give that offer.. I forget sometimes that you C.G. guys like that ****.

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
Thank you! Finally someone with some respect, I guess some people just feel like they have to use profanity and call people names which is always a good way to educate someone right?
Well, I usually bash pretty hard on people for ****. But this is some epic fail or anything of the sort. A lot of guys around here just hop on the wagon to try to get a jab in when it wasn't even that big of a deal. Then it makes the OP go from making a mistake to making it look like he is the biggest Fail in life, when that usually isn't the case. I would put money on it that 8/10 people in this thread have done/said/posted things WAY more dumb than you did.

Also, you guys wouldn't have posted a thread about how dumb someone was if you thought the same? I sure as hell would have.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:24 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Has anyone started an "Epic threads of 2009" thread yet? Or are we not close enough to the new year?
Old 12-17-2009, 07:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Has anyone started an "Epic threads of 2009" thread yet? Or are we not close enough to the new year?
I have not seen one yet..

Quick Reply: How not to pull a motor...