Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

new pics of my gsxr1000 at 70'' wheel base

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
Looks cool, but a stretch only does so much. Stops you from coming up, but no weight on that rear tire will just light it up like crazy, wheelie > fishtail at 100mph. Why not stretch it 6" and strap it? Either way, looks sick.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Camaro Z
Sarcasm > You

No need to get defensive man, was just trying to make a point that a 70" bike isn't going to be a corner carving bike (obviously not what you built yours for) .

It was nothing against your bike, just that the other guy said a stock un-stretched bike looked like weird as obviously they are built for more than just straight line.
trolling>you
Old 03-29-2010, 12:42 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Originally Posted by lemons12
I would of respected it more, if he posted previous track times on his old setup. Etc...

70" is a **** ton, and not needed IMO. Obviously he is a horse jockey, and weighs nothing. I can keep the tire down in 1st gear, it just takes throttle modulation and rider weight input. I'm only 165lbs BTW.

People are running just fine with swingarm extensions and straps. And while I dislike swingarm extensions, I don't see a need to go 70".
Old 03-29-2010, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Seriously, if you guys want to get a feel for what grudge bikes do. Go to youtube and type in grudge racing. Enjoy.

btw, mine is far from a grudge bike..Most of those guys dont ever run cooling systems, run on little to no oil, etc.. Big money though.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry but your functionality argument went out the when you went with such a long stretch it actually hinders your original goal of the stretch. Even 'Trust', a fellow & respected moderator said good luck keeping traction..
Old 03-29-2010, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
I would of respected it more, if he posted previous track times on his old setup. Etc...

70" is a **** ton, and not needed IMO. Obviously he is a horse jockey, and weighs nothing. I can keep the tire down in 1st gear, it just takes throttle modulation and rider weight input. I'm only 165lbs BTW.

People are running just fine with swingarm extensions and straps. And while I dislike swingarm extensions, I don't see a need to go 70".
you said it in your post why a stretch is good. If you need throttle modulation, then you need to do something different. You don't go fast by easing into the throttle. You have to literally be all the way in it as fast as you can. Then throw on nitrous in first gear, yeah.

btw if it's worth anything it went low 9's last year with a 1.7 60' bogging with a stock clutch that was grabbing to hard. That was on motor at 64''.

This new clutch has been proven to provide 1.3 60's
Old 03-29-2010, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by oChristiano
I'm sorry but your functionality argument went out the when you went with such a long stretch it actually hinders your original goal of the stretch. Even 'Trust', a fellow & respected moderator said good luck keeping traction..
See picture posted above. I can provide much more if needed.

Next.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not swinging on anything...

He needs to post a time to prove the bike has been to the strip? I KNEW it had been, no need for him to post times.

Well if he was god, like you, he wouldn't even need to mod the bike I guess.

They might be running "just fine", maybe he wanted to run better than just fine.
So, with that said.... He should go with an extension and straps... But you dislike extensions and you don't see a need to go 70"..... Maybe he should have a 240hp bike with him weighing nothing and have it stock length?
Please share us your vast array of knowledge.. You always have so much when it comes to bikes.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

And because he is a well respected mod on a car forum his word is the end all when it comes to stretching a bike?
I like trust, ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with him... But that was kind of dumb to say.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:30 PM
Staging Lane

Why is everyone getting all mad in here? I think the bike looks sick!
Old 03-29-2010, 01:33 PM
TECH Resident

And because he is a well respected mod on a car forum his word is the end all when it comes to stretching a bike?
I like trust, ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with him... But that was kind of dumb to say.
I said that because maybe he won't blow off Trust and claim he is talking out of his *** like he is doing to anyone else. He is not someone to talk out of his *** from what I've seen. It's not just a bunch of uneducated people who don't understand it like Dlove is playing everyone off to be. Dlove's got his hater vision on and anyone who doesn't agree with him is wrong.

Lee Shiert's high 7 second pass on a nitrous GSXR. Simular stretch to Dlove's and never lifts the tire once.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsqA_P9pxCo
Still need a 70inch on your 9 second bike? All about the rider..

Last edited by oChristiano; 03-29-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:38 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

I'm not swinging on anything...

He needs to post a time to prove the bike has been to the strip? I KNEW it had been, no need for him to post times.

Well if he was god, like you, he wouldn't even need to mod the bike I guess.

They might be running "just fine", maybe he wanted to run better than just fine.
So, with that said.... He should go with an extension and straps... But you dislike extensions and you don't see a need to go 70"..... Maybe he should have a 240hp bike with him weighing nothing and have it stock length?
Please share us your vast array of knowledge.. You always have so much when it comes to bikes.
Blah, blah, blah. My point was, had he posted previous times, it would have likely shown readers that the bike does get used, and has run a #. And he would be hoping to improve them. As you said, some people may not know exactly what their looking at.

I've ridden an 8" stretched turbo '02 gsxr. Making 2xx hp and it hooked up just fine with the 8" stretch.

Swingarm extensions and straps will get you in the 9s no problem. FYI.

EDIT: Ahhh yes. I remember you, you're the guy who thought their bolt on 954 was making well over 150wheel if I recall?

Last edited by BAD ASS TA WS6; 03-29-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by dlove
trolling>you
I guess being on here for 5 years classifies me as a troll

I've never seen a moderator on here try to pick so many fights with members....
Old 03-29-2010, 02:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

I said that because maybe he won't blow off Trust and claim he is talking out of his *** like he is doing to anyone else. He is not someone to talk out of his *** from what I've seen. It's not just a bunch of uneducated people who don't understand it like Dlove is playing everyone off to be. Dlove's got his hater vision on and anyone who doesn't agree with him is wrong.

Lee Shiert's high 7 second pass on a nitrous GSXR. Simular stretch to Dlove's and never lifts the tire once.
I highly doubt he will be content running 9s.. As you can see he is already trying to improve on that. Why wouldn't he go ahead and stretch it now to get a feel for it... That way when he is running low 8s or whatever it may be, he already knows the bike.
He isn't the one that has the glasses on.
Just because he is a mod, doesn't make him educated about bikes.

Swingarm extensions and straps will get you in the 9s no problem. FYI.

EDIT: Ahhh yes. I remember you, you're the guy who thought their bolt on 954 was making well over 150wheel if I recall?
Again, who says he is content with running 9s?

Not sure.. I'm sure it was in the 140ish range... I see no reason why it wouldn't be... I handed quite a few liter bikes their asses. Full exhaust/filter/tune.. I believe that is about right for those mods if I'm not mistaken.
You don't see Unit or V post much, do you?
Old 03-29-2010, 02:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Unit and V are the OG's haha

but i havnt seen so much smack talk in a good while!
i'm more interested in what everyone else is saying than what the original post was about!!

Old 03-30-2010, 09:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ethan071891
Why is everyone getting all mad in here? I think the bike looks sick!
Because they don't realize I'm arguing with them just to get them riled up. Thanks man.

Blah, blah, blah. My point was, had he posted previous times, it would have likely shown readers that the bike does get used, and has run a #. And he would be hoping to improve them. As you said, some people may not know exactly what their looking at.
I guess I just figured people would associate my name with the drag section and being pretty hardcore about drag stuff. Forgot that most people in here don't even know we have a drag section. So I decided to **** with them.

Who said it's going to run 9's this year? I guess you know everything done to my bike? How does what it ran last year, have to do with what it will do this year?

btw be sure to see my comments about trolling people.

Originally Posted by Camaro Z
I guess being on here for 5 years classifies me as a troll

rofl. dude I was trolling you(and everyone else) just to get them riled up.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:37 AM
11 Second Club

DLOVE they don't understand, looks good. Had a 61in 05 went 8.9 on pump gas foot shifting with my little guy and 9.3's with me 210suited and a few others. You on psychobike? Looks like Richard had fun on that pass.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:43 AM
Staging Lane

So, What did it run before the donkey dick stretch lol?
Old 03-30-2010, 09:43 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Touche'. I was comparing it to on the street, anything with enough power and RWD will come up on a prepped sticky surface. I didn't realize it was a track bike, I was thinking highway rolls.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

I guess I just figured people would associate my name with the drag section and being pretty hardcore about drag stuff. Forgot that most people in here don't even know we have a drag section. So I decided to **** with them.
First thing I thought about was your white camaro and trying to follow your weight reduction on it! I think I even sent you a PM or two back and forth discussing weights on some things!

Quick Reply: new pics of my gsxr1000 at 70'' wheel base