Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

2012 GTR sets ring record with 7:20

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010 | 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Tell me how having a clutch pedal makes driving the car any better. My car downshifts and upshifts exactly like yours and anytime I want to when it's in manual mode. I just don't have to push in the clutch pedal to shift it. I even have 6 speeds just like your GTO does.
Old 10-21-2010 | 12:46 AM
***Repost Police***

I think you just like arguing. The reason that I think manual transmissions are better (and more enjoyable) is because the driver is controlling everything that is going on. If you do well it's because of your efforts, and if you do bad it's your fault. As long as I have use of my left leg, I will always own a stick shift car.
Old 10-21-2010 | 05:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

I agree that a manual with a clutch is better than an automatic with no manual mode, but a clutch manual isn't any better than a clutchless manual.
Old 10-21-2010 | 07:35 AM
LEO
TECH Addict

Clutchless manuals are for old, lazy F1 wannabe's. It is sad the GTR isn't offered with a proper manual transmission the kind with a clutch pedal. Many companies including Buggati and Ferrari have gone to gimmicks to coddle their owners and make them feel like the racing legends - they are not. Everyone looks like a bad *** with launch control and a F1 style transmission. The next big thing for cars will be a button to have a track plotted by GPS and let the cars computer accelerate, brake and turn for you, I hope the lameness will stop. However, I know the masses are lazy and talentless with little desire to attain a skill, this doesn't bode well for the manual transmission and clutch pedal set.

Last edited by LEO; 10-21-2010 at 07:51 AM.
Old 10-21-2010 | 08:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ChevyWeatherman
If that 6 second Nova posted a few weeks back is a street car as everyone claims, then the Pagani easily passes as a street car.
It is a car built by the manufacturer with no intentions of it hitting the street vs a car built for the track and still be able to drive on the street.
Old 10-21-2010 | 08:25 AM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by LEO
Clutchless manuals are for old, lazy F1 wannabe's. It is sad the GTR isn't offered with a proper manual transmission the kind with a clutch pedal. Many companies including Buggati and Ferrari have gone to gimmicks to coddle their owners and make them feel like the racing legends - they are not. Everyone looks like a bad *** with launch control and a F1 style transmission. The next big thing for cars will be a button to have a track plotted by GPS and let the cars computer accelerate, brake and turn for you, I hope the lameness will stop. However, I know the masses are lazy and talentless with little desire to attain a skill, this doesn't bode well for the manual transmission and clutch pedal set.
Its actually a dual clutch automatic. Not a clutchless manual.

Tell ya what, why dont we all put crank windows back in, take out a/c, go back to drum brakes...because real racers dont need fancy disc brakes to stop...ditch stability control, ditch abs, ditch fuel injection, turbos, nitrous ect ect and live with shitty 2 bbl carbs on old sbc motors....because thats how racing is really done...with manual 4 speeds.

LOL how insecure are people to cry about cars not having clutch pedals because they think everyone will be able to drive fast.

Who cares?
Old 10-21-2010 | 08:55 AM
On The Tree

I prefer my AC and disc brakes. I just hate stupid flappy paddle gear boxes. Might as well just be a automatic. If you want to do things by just hitting a button get a xbox and Forza 3. If you want to be engaged in the car and the art of driving... get a proper manual.
Old 10-21-2010 | 09:30 AM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by LegacyGTBiggie
I prefer my AC and disc brakes. I just hate stupid flappy paddle gear boxes. Might as well just be a automatic. If you want to do things by just hitting a button get a xbox and Forza 3. If you want to be engaged in the car and the art of driving... get a proper manual.
One could argue that AWD and stability control makes you less engauged and takes away from the art of driving. Get a RWD.

Do you see how stupid the argument is.
Old 10-21-2010 | 09:39 AM
On The Tree

No I dont. A standard AWD system does NOT detract from anything other than your ability to turn well. As long as it isnt some super advanced vectoring system it doesnt do anything you dont ask it to do.

I agree on stability control, my current car only has ABS because it was standard and for in the wet when dodging the amazingly moronic drivers in MD.

But i still hold that any 2 pedal setup is made for commuting and not driving. You want to be a driver and be envolved. Get a proper manual and learn to cope with your left leg being used a little.
Old 10-21-2010 | 09:47 AM
On The Tree

some examples... try this one about 1:12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CjT7j5fDG8

MOAR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYVSO...eature=related

And this video jsut cause. well youll understand
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njrK0...eature=related
Old 10-21-2010 | 09:49 AM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

No I dont. A standard AWD system does NOT detract from anything other than your ability to turn well. As long as it isnt some super advanced vectoring system it doesnt do anything you dont ask it to do.

I agree on stability control, my current car only has ABS because it was standard and for in the wet when dodging the amazingly moronic drivers in MD.

But i still hold that any 2 pedal setup is made for commuting and not driving. You want to be a driver and be envolved. Get a proper manual and learn to cope with your left leg being used a little.

Nope. AWD is for people that cant properly handle turns at higher speeds. LOL. Its such a dick measuring contest between auto and manual guys. A dual clutch auto has every advantage of a true manual....but with the ability to keep both hands on the wheel and faster shift times.

But hey...what to the worlds best car builders know?
Old 10-21-2010 | 09:52 AM
On The Tree

So much like the little kid in Big Daddy... I WIN!
Old 10-21-2010 | 09:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ss1129
But hey...what to the worlds best car builders know?
They only know how to cater to the masses. They want to sell cars and realized that every short guy needing a bolster to his ego wanted as many TOYS to play with as possible. So along those lines they dont care how a car handles/accelerates/feels past anything that can be measured and then printed in as many magazines as possible so that the little guy buying their "sports car" can go and site that their PDK transmission shifts in 1 millionth of a second or that their car is capable of 300mph while pulling a 2g turn. And to that end just because a auto maker says its best does NOT make it so.
Old 10-21-2010 | 10:19 AM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

They only know how to cater to the masses. They want to sell cars and realized that every short guy needing a bolster to his ego wanted as many TOYS to play with as possible. So along those lines they dont care how a car handles/accelerates/feels past anything that can be measured and then printed in as many magazines as possible so that the little guy buying their "sports car" can go and site that their PDK transmission shifts in 1 millionth of a second or that their car is capable of 300mph while pulling a 2g turn. And to that end just because a auto maker says its best does NOT make it so.
I dont think the masses drive f1 cars or lambos or porsches ect ect. I would think the masses drive hond civics. Its better for winning races plain and simple.

Just because you dont like it, doesnt mean its not a better idea. Im not saying a true clutch should be eliminated, but it just seems the cool thing for true manual guys to attack nowadays is the dual clutch auto...like you guys are intimidated by autos and dual clutch autos.

Ever hear an auto guy saying....aww man them guys with manuals think they are real race car drivers using their left legs for something? Its just as stupid to say the opposite.
Old 10-21-2010 | 10:34 AM
On The Tree

I jus thtink they are for lazy ******** who dont want to acutally DRIVE their cars. They want them to be driven for them. IMO you either drive a manual(clutch pedal) or a automatic. And all these newage dual clutch and shiftable automatics are still made for the masses(even the smaller masses that buy ferrari and lambos). And the masses do not want to drive. they want to be noticed for being in their car while doing as little as possible while being noticed. Sorry get a manual with a third pedal and stop whinning.
Old 10-21-2010 | 10:35 AM
On The Tree

And yes I realize arguing on the internet is for "special" people. But maybe I enjoy pretending to need a helmet when walking.
Old 10-21-2010 | 11:36 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by RedHotG8
I agree that a manual with a clutch is better than an automatic with no manual mode, but a clutch manual isn't any better than a clutchless manual.
That depends on what "better" means to you. I view SMG/F1-style transmissions around road courses and the like, just like I view stalled-automatics on the dragstrip. Yes they help you go faster; but the ME, driving is done with 3 pedals. I don't dog anybody that uses it, but trust me RedHot... your G8's automatic does not give you as much control as a car with a clutch pedal.
Old 10-21-2010 | 11:43 AM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

I jus thtink they are for lazy ******** who dont want to acutally DRIVE their cars. Sorry get a manual with a third pedal and stop whinning.
Well tell all the professional racers to stop using them. Also you are the one who came into a thread with a car that uses a dual clutch auto and started whinning.

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
That depends on what "better" means to you. I view SMG/F1-style transmissions around road courses and the like, just like I view stalled-automatics on the dragstrip. Yes they help you go faster; but the ME, driving is done with 3 pedals. I don't dog anybody that uses it, but trust me RedHot... your G8's automatic does not give you as much control as a car with a clutch pedal.
There is a big difference between a tap shift auto and a dual clutch auto. Go drive a EVO X MR. Its fun as a ************. Tap shift in my Camaro sucks ***, even tuned.
Old 10-21-2010 | 11:44 AM
On The Tree

OMG I AM TAKING HTE MUSTANG LOVERS SIDE... What has the world come to. But I agree completely.

And also with stability/traction control. If you cant handle it... fix you not the car in those cases.
Old 10-21-2010 | 11:46 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ss1129
Well tell all the professional racers to stop using them. Also you are the one who came into a thread with a car that uses a dual clutch auto and started whinning.

There is a big difference between a tap shift auto and a dual clutch auto. Go drive a EVO X MR. Its fun as a ************. Tap shift in my Camaro sucks ***, even tuned.

Id rather have the GSR evo with a proper manual.