Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

XPracing true duals..!!.DO NOT USE XPracing IN OKC!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 08:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You don't know the whole story is what I'm trying to say, the OP is spreading lies about this situation.

Last edited by 1WICKDZ; 03-22-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:04 AM
Teching In

Rezza-
First off never said anything about sueing anybody

Second. i was out of town and wasnt able too just go by his shop. So i sent him an pm letting him know i wasnt happy with the way it looked(i sent him emails and pm asking to call me) and told brett in detail why. And i guess that hurt is feelings and his response was "I THOUGHT THEY LOOKED FINE" Then i never heard a word from him again!!

Josh Keith...who owned your T/A before you had told me some good things about him so i thought id give him a shot and see how he does.

He first told me $225 and i thought that was for everything.(and i paid him the $225 right then)

I droped the mufflers off the night before i left the car their and he said it would be another $60 or so for parts. Then when i picked the car up he told me $127.50 for parts.

I had been up for two days and took the car to my work parked it and was out of town for 5 days before i could really look at the car and see the work.

I even asked him if his system's where tucked up nice and neat under the car and run close to the drive shaft and he said yeah thats how i do it.

I just figuard most everybody that does duals on fbodys do em the same(after looking at all the pics people ahve put up on tech) and i thought i would be getting a nice custom set up, not a hurry the **** up and get the car done set up.

If i would have know i was getting a hack job by a low class lying POS then i would of just bought the TSP kit. The pics i post show very clearly of what kind of work XPRACING does and brett cant lock the tread on here or mid west street cars. And since posting up i have heard all the same stories about how this is the way he does people and has done for awhile

I also PM'd him and told him if i didnt get some of my money back i would then start running his name and shop into the dirt. And i dont want someone to use XP and make the mistake i did.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:41 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
i dont care if the kid came in and threw a fit like a second grader that exhaust is pure **** and the fact the shop owner will let it off a lift like that is a joke
X2, would like to hear what the owner has to say about it. Sometimes mistakes happen at the best shops, but not doing anything to fix them is a problem.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:24 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think Michael J. Fox could weld a better system than that. I'm actually shocked this came out of XPRacing, everything that I have seen that came out of their shop has been pretty damn spotless. IMO if I was the owner I would make right on this exhaust, because even a small job like this can ruin your reputation as a reputable shop completely. Sorry OP.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Bret was a standup guy for me. He did my tune work, first time around my car scattered the trans on the floor. He didn't charge me a thing for the hours of work he did that day, it took me over 4 months to get back up there for him to finish.

Granted I have been slightly annoyed with some idle surge at stoplights but I'm sure if I could get back he would take care of it, it's just not enough bother for me to drive 4.5 hours for and probably wouldn't even be an issue if I hadn't dropped the idle lower.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If he is such a stand up guy, no matter what the story behind it is that exhaust system looks like @$$
Old 03-28-2011, 04:44 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I'm not about bashing anyone,but I know if I would have showed up to pick up the car and saw that mess I would be super pissed,I don't do exhaust but I know I could do a better job than that,I'm sure there might be more to the story but bottom line is the work is crap,and the price is nuts
Old 03-28-2011, 04:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is horrible. Have you found a good exhaust shop to fix this yet? If not let me know.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

have you taken the car back to the shop and spoke to the owner in a calm collective manner? Were you clear in what your expectations were when you dropped the car off? I deal with people everyday on the phone and in person and I can tell you for a fact you will get a lot further if you treat the person with respect , explain yourself calmly and are precise with what you expect to be done( with in reason).Once you have done that if you don't get anywhere take your business somewhere else because obviously the company that you are dealing with does not want your business if they are not willing to work with you to correct the mistakes. Granted the exhaust looks like it took 20 min to cut the pipe and weld on the car and does not look to be worth more than $100 bux, I am curious to hear the other side of the story
Old 03-28-2011, 07:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by chavez885
That is horrible. Have you found a good exhaust shop to fix this yet? If not let me know.
Yeah im gonna take it to performance muffler in norman as soon as i can.

Ive been working out of town during the week and havent been making it back to the city til friday evening's. I know if i went to the shop i would loose my temper. I know he is there some saturdays. I tried Emailing him just asking him to give me a call and i never heard from him. He has tried saying i didnt give him any discreption of what i wanted. But i did ask him if he ran the exhaust down the center of the car on each side of the drive shaft and he said yes. so i figuard he did his systems the same as all the other ones i have seen on tech and other sites.

After posting up the pics on here and other sites i have heard from alot of people that have used XP and who know Brett the ower and say this is very common of him, and he is own for just this kind of work(just slaping stuff togather to get it out the door) I went out sat night for alittle bit ripped on the car ONCE and one of the welds from the muffler to the pipe broke loose.

I just dont want anybody elese to make the same mistake i did. And i have been told by people that they are glad i posted up pics of his work becuse they too know his work sucks! and if you try to on okgmp he just locks the threads
Old 03-29-2011, 08:13 AM
TECH Resident

Give it up already. You told him you wanted a cheap set of duals. If you would've been a little more cordial and expressed your concerns to him instead of starting out bashing the work on message boards, you might have gotten a little further and been happy by now. And leaving threatening messages on his voice mail wasn't the smartest thing to do either.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Twotonefreak
Give it up already. You told him you wanted a cheap set of duals.
Ummm $450 isn't exactly cheap!!! The OP said he dropped off the bullets to him.. I dont' see but maybe $50-60 in 3" pipe on the car. Do you think $400 is a good price for the labor/work performed?

Last edited by MM98; 03-29-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:10 AM
01z
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
i dont care if the kid came in and threw a fit like a second grader that exhaust is pure **** and the fact the shop owner will let it off a lift like that is a joke
looks like it came off a farm truck
Old 03-29-2011, 11:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Ouch.. that thing looks pretty horrendous. Looks like a bunch of parts were picked up from vato zone.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:35 AM
On The Tree

I think complaining that the guy didn't address issues off-the-record so to speak prior to going online about it is BS. This isn't a minor issue that the shop missed. This isn't a part that failed afterward. This is like a paint shop giving an owner their car back with paint bubbles all over it. If this is what the shop considers good, then they deserved to have it advertised everywhere as such. An honest mistake is one thing, the fact that this left the shop at all in this condition is a F-U to the customer.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Twotonefreak
Give it up already. You told him you wanted a cheap set of duals. If you would've been a little more cordial and expressed your concerns to him instead of starting out bashing the work on message boards, you might have gotten a little further and been happy by now. And leaving threatening messages on his voice mail wasn't the smartest thing to do either.
Never left him a Threatening voice mail. i did tell him in an email he F-ed over the wrong person this time. But im guessing your one of his nutswingers and are hearing his side of things(which alot of people on another local site MWSC are saying brett as a habbit of bashing his own customers and friends behind their back and then playing all cool too their face).

The pics speek the truth about XPracing

If you owned a shop would you just half *** do somthing on acustomers car knowing your name is going to be on that work???
Old 03-29-2011, 02:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

R6O2blue, I agree 100%. How, as a shop that specializes in gm performance stuff, would you EVER let that kind of work leave? I think some people are missing the point, he got shitty work, period. Their quality control there must suck. If they let something that is this visible out the door, think about what they do that you can't see. I got burned by a shop, tried another and got shafted again. Now, I do everything but tuning on my own stuff.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:47 PM
TECH Regular

Wow a lot of different opinions about this shop on here. I would really like to hear the owner come in and talk about the hack job on that exhaust.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Thumbs down

did the owner work on this or someone else?

either way weather youre calm or not that shop should take it back make things right or give you your money back.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:15 PM
Teching In

Brett the owner did all the work. As far as i know he doesnt have anybody working for him.

Quick Reply: XPracing true duals..!!.DO NOT USE XPracing IN OKC!!