Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

my camaro vs 347 stroker foxbody

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 09:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Sure it does. You want to nutswing on your sbf. But yet you don't want to use real sbf parts. I don't get it. If I'm gonna swing from ls stuff I'm gonna(and I am) backing it up with oe stuff. Are you telling me the sbf stuff from ford ain't that great? That's what your sayin if you don't use Ford parts.
Not only do you make no sense, the bolded seems pretty hypocritcal

'99 SS Camaro #3789 6 speed custom Carbon lid, kooks with o/r y, HS rr, asp pullies, slp 85 mm mass air, tilton 5.5"triple disc clutch, faceplated t56, 3.90's, sealed hood, slot car lca & pahard, mezeir wp, ported fast 90, creative weight reduction

Replace w/ OE parts and what does your car run? You've got a stock Fbody w/ LS6. By your logic you have a "Fast-Meziere"S6

By your logic a 4.6 is pretty much the peak of engines, followed closely by the 4g63

Last edited by 88blackgt; 12-26-2011 at 09:44 AM.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 450 Likes on 355 Posts

You make no sense and have low comprehension skills. The engine is stock. The car is modified. You want a all aftermarket car.

Who's talking about 4.6's? Again no sense.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You make no sense and have low comprehension skills. The engine is stock. The car is modified. You want a all aftermarket car.

Who's talking about 4.6's? Again no sense.
Which year did Fast intakes and electric water pumps come stock?

Not only have 4.6s gone MUCH faster than any LSx they've done it w/ stock block, stock casting heads, stock hydraulics, stock crank, blah blah blah

Same for 4g63

What about 03/04s, I suppose those are somehow not included?
Old 12-26-2011, 09:59 AM
10 Second Club

They are specific to the car. Not the engine. Almost all you ford guys are a like. You start talking about someones **** that's not your own. How bout this...you tell me how great a 4.6 in a truck runs since they're so great......or remove the boost from the car your talking about. I bet his turbo makes more power than his engine.

Was'nt we talking about old 5.0's?

What about 03/04 cobra's??? I have a thread on those
Old 12-26-2011, 10:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

They are specific to the car. Not the engine. Almost all you ford guys are a like. You start talking about someones **** that's not your own. How bout this...you tell me how great a 4.6 in a truck runs since they're so great......or remove the boost from the car your talking about. I bet his turbo makes more power than his engine.

Was'nt we talking about old 5.0's?

What about 03/04 cobra's??? I have a thread on those
At least you realize you make 0 sense. Keep deflecting.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:15 AM
10 Second Club

I make perfect sense. I could've bought a intake that would fit the engine and not the car. Besides it went almost the same #'s wuth the ls6 intake. Also same goes for the wp. If you don't belive me go by one for X vehicle and try to put it on Y vehicle.

Hence my engine is stock, my car is not.

How do those 4.6's in a truck run? You never said.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:27 AM
On The Tree

I make perfect sense. I could've bought a intake that would fit the engine and not the car. Besides it went almost the same #'s wuth the ls6 intake. Also same goes for the wp. If you don't belive me go by one for X vehicle and try to put it on Y vehicle.

Hence my engine is stock, my car is not.

You make perfect sense in the fact that you like to point the argument to reflect your car versus how the moral majority modify their cars.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What do trucks have to do w/ anything?

By your logic the single digit lightnings would fit.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I make perfect sense. I could've bought a intake that would fit the engine and not the car
What?
Old 12-26-2011, 10:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

How people like HioSSilver are able to post on internet forums is beyond me.

I'm at a loss of words at his understanding of car modifications and in general his grammar.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Heater
You make perfect sense in the fact that you like to point the argument to reflect your car versus how the moral majority modify their cars.
Heater if any of these ford guys can understand this you can. They were talking up their sbf. But their sbf has no sbf parts.....so what is it? And why then would someone from the sbf with no real ford parts in it.

The 4.6 truck comment came from you 88. You said how awesome and fast a 4.6 is. I simply asked if you have drove a 4.6 truck, I fugured they were awesome too.

I have drove one...they're a pile of slow ****. I thought it was a 6cyl. I literally popped the hood to look. And it was 2wd.

I understand why you guys like a Mustang. I like them to, not because they're a great car. But because they're light, other than that they're pretty much a pos. Chassis flex is horrid and the tq boxes, rear sub-frame and floor crack up like no car I have ever seen.

And when they are out of any factual comment they pick on grammar....like I give a ****. It's funny how this is the only sight I'm on that it happens on....grow up guys.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You brought up trucks to deflect. A 4.6 must be the best engine out there by your definition. They go much much faster than any LS w/ stock castings, am I incorrect?

Shouldnt you have built a modular fox? Fast w/ stock engine and light?

Is the response going to be bitching about boost or are you going to bring up trucks again?
Old 12-26-2011, 12:25 PM
10 Second Club

You brought up someone else's 4.6 to try to prove a point. I proved your point to be crap because appearently 4.6 are'nt that great unless they are highly modified and probally with boost.

I could'nt tell you if 4.6's are "faster" by your terms. I race my own car. I don't brag about what others have done with a platform to make myself feel better. As far as I can tell 4.6's are very slow. I have never had one outrun me on the street. I'm sure some whippled/kenny bell car could and should. I don't see it happening from a n/a 4.6 in a regular street car.

Why don't you build a n/a modular fox and tell me about it?

I have a friend building a cobra swap fox. Should be a good car. I have even had a hand in it.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 12-26-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Heater if any of these ford guys can understand this you can. They were talking up their sbf. But their sbf has no sbf parts.....so what is it? And why then would someone from the sbf with no real ford parts in it.
This argument is one of the dumbest arguments I have ever read in my tenure here on LS1tech.

You seriously can not be that dense when things are factory styled in regards to valvetrain, port angle, etc.

So companies like AFR, Trickflow, ETP, Brodix, etc should be shut down?

People like you are an ignorant plague on ls1tech. ALMOST worse than the 16 year olds that are able to join tech these days as the value of these cars have plummeted.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:38 PM
10 Second Club

I never said they should be shut down. Why are you putting words in my mouth? I said if your gonna swing than swing with the **** your talking up.

How am I the ignorant plague? I'm the chevy guy on a chevy sight? You can't even figure that out.

You don't find me on ford sights
Old 12-26-2011, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You brought up someone else's 4.6 to try to prove a point. I proved your point to be crap because appearently 4.6 are'nt that great unless they are highly modified and probally with boost.

I could'nt tell you if 4.6's are "faster" by your terms. I race my own car. I don't brag about what others have done with a platform to make myself feel better. As far as I can tell 4.6's are very slow. I have never had one outrun me on the street. I'm sure some whippled/kenny bell car could and should. I don't see it happening from a n/a 4.6 in a regular street car.

Why don't you build a n/a modular fox and tell me about it?

I have a friend building a cobra swap fox. Should be a good car. I have even had a hand in it.
You completely missed that point.

I brought up extreme examples that still fit your definition in order to illustrate how ludicrous your mindset is. Instead you brought up trucks and your car.

*edit* its all making sense now; this is the same person who believes anything running higher than 91 is a race car because thats the highest available octane at his pump. So 93 octane makes a race car but a faceplated trans does not
Old 12-26-2011, 01:04 PM
10 Second Club

I understood it completely. You brought up a full on race car and I brought up the products that is mostly sold. With enough boost anything can put up a #....even a honda.

Who said anything about 91...I run 93. 91 is not even availible on around me....anywhere that I know of. Fp'ed trans are very streetable. Have you ever had one?....talkin out your *** again?

You stalkin me now?
Old 12-26-2011, 01:25 PM
Staging Lane

I would love to have back the 20-30 minutes I wasted on reading this. That GT does not run a 10 anything in the 1/4.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I understood it completely. You brought up a full on race car and I brought up the products that is mostly sold. With enough boost anything can put up a #....even a honda.

Who said anything about 91...I run 93. 91 is not even availible on around me....anywhere that I know of. Fp'ed trans are very streetable. Have you ever had one?....talkin out your *** again?

You stalkin me now?
Nevermind. Ignorance is bliss like I said before. Keep cutting down everything that doesnt fit your definitions.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Its Slo
I would love to have back the 20-30 minutes I wasted on reading this. That GT does not run a 10 anything in the 1/4.
That's what I said.
Originally Posted by 88blackgt
Nevermind. Ignorance is bliss like I said before. Keep cutting down everything that doesnt fit your definitions.
I'm not cutting anything down. But I do look at it for what it is, which is something your tryin to avoid.

Quick Reply: my camaro vs 347 stroker foxbody