Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

The Car I Let Go

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 02:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy The Car I Let Go

Hi all.

Here is the 02 Z28 I let go forever. I just wanted to show her off one more time.

Old 06-03-2020, 03:36 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,807 Likes on 1,288 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Looks to have the same factory options (pewter, chrome wheels, t-tops, Ebony interior) as my '02 Z28 did, except it looks like yours originally came with the sport appearance package (due to the spoiler lip).

I've seen a couple of nice 4th gens for sale in our area earlier this spring, it's never too late to buy another! They are definitely not common around here anymore, but I do still see nice ones once in a while.
Old 06-03-2020, 04:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Looks to have the same factory options (pewter, chrome wheels, t-tops, Ebony interior) as my '02 Z28 did, except it looks like yours originally came with the sport appearance package (due to the spoiler lip).

I've seen a couple of nice 4th gens for sale in our area earlier this spring, it's never too late to buy another! They are definitely not common around here anymore, but I do still see nice ones once in a while.

Heyyy I remember you we may have met IRL once or twice.

With my fam harping on me having a non RWD car and no V8 its sadly not going to be in my future anytime soon. I expect to pay homage to this car when I can afford a second car. I will never not have Camaro running through my blood :p
Old 06-03-2020, 04:56 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by ryonyanko
Heyyy I remember you we may have met IRL once or twice.
That's very possible. I remember your screen name but I can't put a face to it. But I've been a regular at several recurring events around our area for the last 20-25 years, so if you've ever attended any of the regular shows in the north/northwest area during that time, we've probably crossed paths.

With my fam harping on me having a non RWD car and no V8 its sadly not going to be in my future anytime soon. I expect to pay homage to this car when I can afford a second car. I will never not have Camaro running through my blood :p
Once you're addicted, it's almost impossible to stay away. I hope you're able to get back into a Camaro as soon as possible!
Old 06-03-2020, 05:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

That's very possible. I remember your screen name but I can't put a face to it. But I've been a regular at several recurring events around our area for the last 20-25 years, so if you've ever attended any of the regular shows in the north/northwest area during that time, we've probably crossed paths.

Once you're addicted, it's almost impossible to stay away. I hope you're able to get back into a Camaro as soon as possible!
Definitely! I loved this ls1tech family. I'm an excitable short chick so maybe you know from that (since I think most people assumed I was a dude). Honestly I do want another camaro, specifically a 81 z28 with an ls swap. So once I travel the world where I want to go I'll build that

I've loved camaros ever since I was a lil kid, and it was my dream car. Sadly funds and family made me get a boring car instead.

Ya think I can still attend any meets? Although now I'm getting into a slow turbo awd subie so I won't have a car to show anymore
Old 06-03-2020, 11:56 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Definitely! I loved this ls1tech family. I'm an excitable short chick so maybe you know from that (since I think most people assumed I was a dude). Honestly I do want another camaro, specifically a 81 z28 with an ls swap. So once I travel the world where I want to go I'll build that

I've loved camaros ever since I was a lil kid, and it was my dream car. Sadly funds and family made me get a boring car instead.
Perhaps we haven't met yet then. The only lady 4th gen owner I remember from any of the meets was...Carmen? I think that was her name, she had a black Camaro many years ago. I probably haven't seen her since the early '00s. I believe she lived in Wisconsin, but just north of Rockford.

Ya think I can still attend any meets? Although now I'm getting into a slow turbo awd subie so I won't have a car to show anymore
Sure! Except that all the shows are on hold right now because of the virus situation. But yeah, once things get rolling again all enthusiasts are welcome.

The following users liked this post:
ryonyanko (06-04-2020)
Old 06-04-2020, 11:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Perhaps we haven't met yet then. The only lady 4th gen owner I remember from any of the meets was...Carmen? I think that was her name, she had a black Camaro many years ago. I probably haven't seen her since the early '00s. I believe she lived in Wisconsin, but just north of Rockford.

Sure! Except that all the shows are on hold right now because of the virus situation. But yeah, once things get rolling again all enthusiasts are welcome.
Hahaha Aw yeah, I'm fairly sure I've seen your car around at least then! I am kinda shy so I can't really remember how many things I went to when I had the camaro. I'm definitely interested in seeing all the nice cars and meeting folks so I am gunning for next year then

​​​​​
Old 06-04-2020, 03:31 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Hahaha Aw yeah, I'm fairly sure I've seen your car around at least then! I am kinda shy so I can't really remember how many things I went to when I had the camaro. I'm definitely interested in seeing all the nice cars and meeting folks so I am gunning for next year then

​​​​​
I'm not sure what part of Chicago you live in so I don't know what events would be closest to you. But there's a regular Saturday night show in Mt. Prospect that many of us hit during the summer (I'm there every week, except this year because it's currently postponed), I've been a regular at this event since the late '90s when it was at a hotdog place (now it's at a train station in downtown Mt. Prospect). There's smaller event in Wheeling on Saturday nights as well (this one used to be on Sunday many years ago), plus another large one in Lombard on Satrudays.

For Friday nights, there's a big one in Rolling Meadows. There's also a decent sized one in downtown Park Ridge on the first Friday of every month (summer only). One of my personal favorites was the Friday night show in Rosemont, but that one has been over for several years now. The irony is, I now live within walking distance of the old Rosemont show, but when it was active and I went every week I lived way east of there (in Lincolnwood, if you happen to know that town).

I've owned several different 4th gens that you might have seen at some of these events over the last 20+ years; 3 different 4th gen Z28s (two pewter, one silver) and also a red '00 WS6 Trans Am. I still have the silver '98 Z28, and also a silver '71 Nova.
Old 06-04-2020, 04:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm not sure what part of Chicago you live in so I don't know what events would be closest to you. But there's a regular Saturday night show in Mt. Prospect that many of us hit during the summer (I'm there every week, except this year because it's currently postponed), I've been a regular at this event since the late '90s when it was at a hotdog place (now it's at a train station in downtown Mt. Prospect). There's smaller event in Wheeling on Saturday nights as well (this one used to be on Sunday many years ago), plus another large one in Lombard on Satrudays.

For Friday nights, there's a big one in Rolling Meadows. There's also a decent sized one in downtown Park Ridge on the first Friday of every month (summer only). One of my personal favorites was the Friday night show in Rosemont, but that one has been over for several years now. The irony is, I now live within walking distance of the old Rosemont show, but when it was active and I went every week I lived way east of there (in Lincolnwood, if you happen to know that town).

I've owned several different 4th gens that you might have seen at some of these events over the last 20+ years; 3 different 4th gen Z28s (two pewter, one silver) and also a red '00 WS6 Trans Am. I still have the silver '98 Z28, and also a silver '71 Nova.
I feel like I've seen your Trans Am before definitely, I live in Portage Park/Jefferson Park area. Oh no I would have loved to see Rosemont, was that the one near outback steakhouse? I need to check out these places once we get back to a semi norm thank you for all this info!!
Old 06-04-2020, 11:23 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I feel like I've seen your Trans Am before definitely, I live in Portage Park/Jefferson Park area. Oh no I would have loved to see Rosemont, was that the one near outback steakhouse? I need to check out these places once we get back to a semi norm thank you for all this info!!
Jefferson Park is literally right between where I used to live and where I live now, so yeah, we've probably crossed paths at some point.

The Rosemont show was at the McDonald's at the corner of River Rd. and Higgins (directly underneath the big water tower painted like a rose). I live just a bit south of there now, in the northeast corner of Schiller Park. This was a great little event, only about 40-50 cars at its peak but just a great group of people and a wide variety of cars. Folks would get there as early as 4-5pm and some of us would stay until 2, 3 even 4am once in a while. I had some really great times there. But as the managers changed at the McDonald's, some were more supportive of the show than others, so eventually it just died off. Made some great friends there over the years, and I still see a lot of those people at other local events (like Mt. Prospect).

There's also a HUGE Monday night show in Skokie, at the northwest corner of Old Orchard Mall. That one often gets 400-500 cars, but it's a Monday night event so it doesn't work for everyone's schedule. It's actually right across the street from my old High School (Niles North). But, like all the others, it's currently postponed.
The following users liked this post:
ryonyanko (06-10-2020)
Old 06-10-2020, 04:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thank you for all this info! I hope things get back to norm soon so I can just go and watch y'all while being super jealous!

Quick Reply: The Car I Let Go