Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

New Sig. tell me what ya think

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New Sig. tell me what ya think

So I figured I would put a little effort into it instead of just resizing a pic.... so tell me what you think! thanks
Old 10-26-2004, 09:19 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kinda hard to say, as it's kinda hard to see!.....lol. looks like you took some time on it, but i think i'd put up something that is a bit cleaner. jmo

later,
Dave
Old 10-26-2004, 09:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Tooooooooooooo long. but othere then that its Great.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dave- thanks for you opinion.... just so you know I wanted the background to be the main focus and then the other highlights lighter to subtly show off other things of the car....thanks again maybe i'll mess around with another idea later...
Old 10-26-2004, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GoldenVelvet
Tooooooooooooo long. but othere then that its Great.
sorry.. i was tryin to guess what the length of the standard thread was.. gotta admit I got pretty damn close...
Old 10-27-2004, 12:33 AM
TECH Addict

Sorry to bust your bubble...but our sig pic limit size is 500W x 150H

Looks like you need to redesign
Old 10-27-2004, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by do0dfromcali
Sorry to bust your bubble...but our sig pic limit size is 500W x 150H

Looks like you need to redesign
Yup yup.. where exactlly is that posted.. because in the user cp it did not have a size limit posted.. as it does for user picture and avatar. maybe I just missed it elsewhere..oh well redesign to come....
Old 10-27-2004, 01:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by superchannelkev
Yup yup.. where exactlly is that posted.. because in the user cp it did not have a size limit posted.. as it does for user picture and avatar. maybe I just missed it elsewhere..oh well redesign to come....
I don't think it is listed for a sig pic limit size. I will bring that up with the site tech.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by do0dfromcali
I don't think it is listed for a sig pic limit size. I will bring that up with the site tech.
good thanks!!! hope you like the new one BTW.. yes it is 150x500..
Old 10-27-2004, 11:26 PM
TECH Addict

Old 10-27-2004, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

So I figured I would put a little effort into it instead of just resizing a pic.... so tell me what you think! thanks
Good work. IMO, you need to get a better angle of your car where you can actually see your rims. I like the setup, it looks good, but in the pic you made, the wheels look like black/ricer/hubcapin' wheels. Show off them rims!
Old 10-28-2004, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slammed-am
Good work. IMO, you need to get a better angle of your car where you can actually see your rims. I like the setup, it looks good, but in the pic you made, the wheels look like black/ricer/hubcapin' wheels. Show off them rims!
it's kinda hard to get a good angle... the sun reflects and blurs it soo they look even more like stealies and @ another angle you cannot see any definition to the rims.. so that angle was the best of my current pics.... i'll try and tweak it a little @ lunch just for you....
Old 10-28-2004, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

So here is one with the rim up close/better detail.. which should I use the one in the sig or the new one?
thanks
Kevin
Old 10-28-2004, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

So here is one with the rim up close/better detail.. which should I use the one in the sig or the new one?
thanks
Kevin
I think you should combine them both. IMO, the wheel in the new one just sorta sticks out. I think you should add it into the original (with the lights/spoiler) Hmm. but I know I've seen a better angle of your car, I think in the original sig. Do a photoshoot and get the sun to shine AT the wheels maybe. Good work with photoshop. Check out some of mine. (It is just a beta for a site I made for my handle "Atomz")

www.AtomicLabs.com
Old 10-28-2004, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea i know the wheel sticks out too much but i had to redo the whole thing to not have the wheel cover my GS logo.. didn't have it saved in photoshop only as a jpg so.. layers go bye bye.. ill mess with it some more.. you could have been thinking of this pic.. http://www.home.earthlink.net/~z2820...s/P1080062.JPG but i don't like it because it was the 1st day i got the wheels on and there were no center caps the car is dirty.. plus I already had that angle as my sig. checked out your site.. loookin pretty good.
photoshoot is comming.. when the weather starts to clear up
Old 10-28-2004, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea i know the wheel sticks out too much but i had to redo the whole thing to not have the wheel cover my GS logo.. didn't have it saved in photoshop only as a jpg so.. layers go bye bye.. ill mess with it some more.. you could have been thinking of this pic.. http://www.home.earthlink.net/~z2820...s/P1080062.JPG but i don't like it because it was the 1st day i got the wheels on and there were no center caps the car is dirty.. plus I already had that angle as my sig. checked out your site.. loookin pretty good.
photoshoot is comming.. when the weather starts to clear up
Yeah, after the photoshoot, I'm sure you will have the angle you need and will be able to make a badass sig.
Old 10-28-2004, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

well hopefully.. here is yet another one for ya to rip on.. j/k the angle is a little better for the rims...
Old 10-28-2004, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

well hopefully.. here is yet another one for ya to rip on.. j/k the angle is a little better for the rims...
Heh, sorry, I didn't mean to come off like I was rippin on ya. I just try to provide some actual, constructive feedback instead of the generic "yeah, it looks good, man." post. You do good work. The pic with the rim in the uper right hand corner looks great. You can see the wheel alot better.
Old 10-28-2004, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slammed-am
Heh, sorry, I didn't mean to come off like I was rippin on ya. I just try to provide some actual, constructive feedback instead of the generic "yeah, it looks good, man." post. You do good work. The pic with the rim in the uper right hand corner looks great. You can see the wheel alot better.
you didn't come off as that.. i was just messin around. i would perfer your sort of feedback vs. looks good. I will probably mess with the last one a bit more and see how it comes out. I couldn't use the headlight shot cuz it was the same pic as the main pic... but anyways.. time will tell...
Old 10-28-2004, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow... i can see my rims WAY WAY better on the last pic on my comp @ home..on this one it looks like stealies again.. dammit!