Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTS-V top gear review

http://www.dgtalpimp.com/small_CTSV_TopGear.wmv
Old 07-01-2005, 09:25 PM
HPP
TECH Enthusiast

Cool clip. Fun to watch as always. But, as is typical for those 3, especially Clarkson, it's American, so it's "cheap" and "not good enough". He was digging deep to come up with negatives. The biggest reach is "too big", while he turns around and supports the Monaro recommendation. It's a 2 door, but not much smaller. Basically the same size. And the M5 is a big car, but they won't complain about size there. But then, the M5 isn't American either.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:35 PM
On The Tree

My friend mallett stage 1 cts v is a mover........
Old 07-02-2005, 12:22 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks for putting up the Vid man!!.. I really wonder what the CTS-V could have put down on the track without the rain. Great vid!
Old 07-02-2005, 12:42 AM
Staging Lane

****** ******** first the c6 now they hate on the cts-v those fools did have to dig deep to find stupid ****. it bongs for everything duh u dumb **** every car does that. anyway that was stupid but it held its own agains that audi which costs way more and he didnt talk as much **** about that as he did the caddy even though it obviously was better. i love that show but i have come to expect such an attitude when they review a REAL AMERICAN SPORTS CAR.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't imagine why ANYONE would want to watch those A-holes, typical America bashers! What kind of idiots do testing in the rain anyway! But, what do you expect, this is coming from the same idiots that did 0-60 testing on a beach in the sand. But, we are just a bunch of morons from the "Colonies."
Old 07-02-2005, 10:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

It's good for it's entertainment, purposes only. Just don't take their words for it - realize there is a spin to it.
I like watching the cars slide around (most american car shows don't do that), but it's not like I'm gonna base my opinion of theirs.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Launching!

WTF would they do a time run in the rain??
Old 07-02-2005, 07:52 PM
HPP
TECH Enthusiast

It's England. If they avoided running in the rain they'd take years to produce 1 season's worth of episodes. lol

But that's why they have wet and dry laps. The Stig is supposedly consistent enough that they can safely figure dry times from wet times. I forget what the differential was, but they mentioned it before. And they run anything in the rain, I've seen the Gallardo run in the rain along with a bunch of other stuff, while the ***-ugly Camaro-looking 'Vette was given a dry run. Just all depends on the weather at shooting day.

Besides, F1 races in the rain.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:26 PM
TECH Resident

"It only comes in left hand drive", AWWWWWW, well only 99% of the world drives on the left side of the freakin road dumb asses, i dont think GM is gonna spend extra money making a right hand drive Cadillac.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WS6T/A98
"It only comes in left hand drive", AWWWWWW, well only 99% of the world drives on the left side of the freakin road dumb asses, i dont think GM is gonna spend extra money making a right hand drive Cadillac.
Espeacially for people who continously bash the car's they make
Old 07-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ls1/srt
****** ******** first the c6 now they hate on the cts-v those fools did have to dig deep to find stupid ****. it bongs for everything duh u dumb **** every car does that. anyway that was stupid but it held its own agains that audi which costs way more and he didnt talk as much **** about that as he did the caddy even though it obviously was better.
I think they were baised against the car before every testing IMO. Which is a shame actually. I was amazed at how well the V did in the wet.

Acutally, the CTS-V costs more than that Audi if you look at MSRP.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:16 AM
TECH Resident

bitch, bitch, bitch haha If anyone can name a better car show on TV testing awesome cars like Top Gear test and top if it off testing them in odd and different types of locations, conditions etc.. then post up. I'm sure many of you would rather watch Motor Trend Tv or Car and Driver tv praise and worship the newest minivan or Camary.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:33 AM
TECH Resident

Wow what douchebags. They not only attack the car, but America, and the American people as well. Guess the Brits are still a little pissed that their "empire" has eroded away into nothingness.

And oh yea everyone other than Englands bitches, and Japan drive on the CORRECT side of the rode.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:49 AM
Launching!

Damn I'm tired of those ******* calling us the colonies!!!!
Old 07-03-2005, 01:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't need to see the video to know it's a kick *** car
Old 07-03-2005, 06:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1MONSTER
bitch, bitch, bitch haha If anyone can name a better car show on TV testing awesome cars like Top Gear test and top if it off testing them in odd and different types of locations, conditions etc.. then post up. I'm sure many of you would rather watch Motor Trend Tv or Car and Driver tv praise and worship the newest minivan or Camary.
whats a minivan and camry?
Old 07-03-2005, 06:58 PM
TECH Veteran

They're review about the car is right on. Don't forget this car also recieved negative reviews from Car and Driver, and lost a Motor Trend comparison to the Jaguar S-Type.

The car is extremely cheap guys, you need to take off your blinders and really look at it. It's GM's attempt to dethrone the M5, and that's not going to happen anytime soon with the abysmal quality of the CTS. If you've ever been in a late model BMW, Audi or even a Pontiac GTO you'd realize the inside of the CTS is a bad joke.

The interior materials are subpar, creaky plastic. The interior design is severe, and over the top. It's not luxurious to be in or ride in or drive like European sports sedans. The seams on the exterior are uneven, and large as well. I have never seen a CTS that didn't have a gigantic gap between the trunk lid and rear bumper, as well as between the bottom of the head lights and front bumper fascia. The hood seams are generally uneven as well.

This is not quality guys, especially at the money they're asking for that car in Europe, it's way over-priced. It also wasn't engineered in right-hand drive, a huge oversight for a car that GM wants to make "the standard of the world again" when much of the world doesn't drive on the left side of the vehicle.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't comment on the wheel-hop, clearly visible when the Stig tried to take off. I guess it's a good thing they didn't know these cars blow rear differentials stock and don't match GM's advertised acceleration either. What's really sad is Chrysler's 300 SRT-8 handles nearly as well, and goes just as fast and they didn't have to fly all the way to Germany to figure out how to do that.

As for everything else they say, it's good natured ribbing. The comments here taking it seriously say more about you all than their tongue-in-cheek jokes do about them.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:18 PM
HPP
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TriShield
As for everything else they say, it's good natured ribbing. The comments here taking it seriously say more about you all than their tongue-in-cheek jokes do about them.
Good natured ribbing is done lightheardetly and only on occasion. Clarckson hates anything American except Ford. He never misses a chance to take a shot at American. How much TG have you watched? Even people from the UK who love the show will tell you the same thing.

That said, it's still one of the best car shows around, with the exception of that fault.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TriShield
It also wasn't engineered in right-hand drive, a huge oversight for a car that GM wants to make "the standard of the world again" when much of the world doesn't drive on the left side of the vehicle.
Serious? [gay british accent]Gurrrmany[/gay british accent] still is left hand drive which they say nothing about that