Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Step over Ritz...my turn (56K beware)

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 12:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Step over Ritz...my turn (56K beware)

Thought I would follow in your footsteps and post up some pictures of two cars I shot today. Hope ya don't mind me following your lead.

Here they are:

Hope you all enjoy. Ritz...I shall wait for your next round of awesome pictures. I think I might make a sticky where people can just post high quality pictures like these. I have been seeing a lot of them lately.

-do0dfromcali
Old 07-18-2005, 12:41 AM
NKAWTG...N

damn looks good mike! im so jelous of ur camera...

http://supercarfreak.net/gallery/album1366

http://supercarfreak.net/gallery/album1383

thats all my little baby could manage
Old 07-18-2005, 12:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

I love the color on the vette and nice shootin!
Old 07-18-2005, 12:53 AM
TECH Addict

Wow!.......... *speechless*
Old 07-18-2005, 01:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

very nice man!
Old 07-18-2005, 10:32 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the compliments guys. I am pretty happy with the outcome

As you can tell, stoleit was there for the photoshoot as well
Old 07-18-2005, 11:07 AM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by do0dfromcali
Thanks for the compliments guys. I am pretty happy with the outcome

As you can tell, stoleit was there for the photoshoot as well
lies...i used my remote control helicopter to spy on u guys and take pictures of sean humping the tripod
Old 07-18-2005, 10:50 PM
TECH Resident

I'VE BEEN HAD!!

Haha just kidding man. Excellent pics my friend. You're shooting with a D70 correct? You have a great eye and I'm glad to see you're following the rules of thirds.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

man that is one sick looking vette!!! awesome color....nice shoebox..thats my pop's fav. car..good job
Old 07-19-2005, 02:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ritz
I'VE BEEN HAD!!

Haha just kidding man. Excellent pics my friend. You're shooting with a D70 correct? You have a great eye and I'm glad to see you're following the rules of thirds.
Yes, it was the D70. It did very well and I was really happy with it. It was the first big shoot I did. I just got out there, experimented with different settings and just took a bunch of pictures. Thanks for the compliments.

I got into photography just out of pure curiosity and ever since then, people have said I have had the eye for it. So, I am just running with it and seeing where it takes me.

I hope to get more up soon with an M3 that I'll be shooting

Silver...thanks for the compliments. It was a couple friend's I knew that owned those cars. They were happy with the pics
Old 07-19-2005, 03:03 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

I'VE BEEN HAD!!

Care to elaborate on this rule of thirds you speak of? Maybe you or dood could post up a tutorial on how us enthusiasts can take some better pictures even if we dont have the high dollar equipment? That would be awesome and should be a sticky at the top of this forum.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:35 PM
TECH Resident

Yes, it was the D70. It did very well and I was really happy with it. It was the first big shoot I did. I just got out there, experimented with different settings and just took a bunch of pictures. Thanks for the compliments.

I got into photography just out of pure curiosity and ever since then, people have said I have had the eye for it. So, I am just running with it and seeing where it takes me.

I hope to get more up soon with an M3 that I'll be shooting

Silver...thanks for the compliments. It was a couple friend's I knew that owned those cars. They were happy with the pics
That's awesome. I don't know if you remember, but a while back I shot of friend of mine's M coupe. He just got spacers for his front wheels, a front splitter, and lowered it some more, so some shots of that should be coming up along with a friend's RHD Integra Type R.

I too just picked up a camera out of curiousity a few years back and it just came natural too me. A lot of people think that everyone that's into photography has taken classes and what not and some of them haven't for example me and you.

Originally Posted by josh99ta
Care to elaborate on this rule of thirds you speak of? Maybe you or dood could post up a tutorial on how us enthusiasts can take some better pictures even if we dont have the high dollar equipment? That would be awesome and should be a sticky at the top of this forum.
Rule of thirds basically states that your main subject your trying to capture should be on a third line whether it's vertically or horizontally. It just helps capture the viewers attention.

That's a basic definition. I'll see if I can find an actual *real* definition.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:39 PM
TECH Resident

If you look at these you can really see the rule come into play. Notice how the Vette although in the center vertically it's all the way at the bottom horizontally and how it's in the corner in the 2nd pic.

The the wheels are the main focus of the other one and see how it isn't right smack in the center. It makes the picture look a lot better.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:08 PM
TECH Addict

That's awesome. I don't know if you remember, but a while back I shot of friend of mine's M coupe. He just got spacers for his front wheels, a front splitter, and lowered it some more, so some shots of that should be coming up along with a friend's RHD Integra Type R.

I too just picked up a camera out of curiousity a few years back and it just came natural too me. A lot of people think that everyone that's into photography has taken classes and what not and some of them haven't for example me and you.

Rule of thirds basically states that your main subject your trying to capture should be on a third line whether it's vertically or horizontally. It just helps capture the viewers attention.

That's a basic definition. I'll see if I can find an actual *real* definition.
Ritz...I don't remember seeing those M coupe pictures. I'll have to search. My buddies M3 is all stock, but they look so damn sweet from the factory, they look modded. Get those new pictures up soon

Ya, people are amazed that I haven't taken any classes. Its just something I enjoyed doing as a hobby, so every so often when I had time I would read up on it and practice. It'd be nice to get good enough to start doing weddings and stuff.

Good definition on the rule of thirds.

Silver...I did a quick drawing on photoshop what rule of thirds looks like while taking pictures.

Old 07-20-2005, 02:30 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Good stuff to know. How do you guys do lighting and stuff. I always hear sunrise with the sun to your back is the best way to go about it. What do you guys think?

Also, what do you guys look for when you're looking for a place to shoot?

Obviously looking at stoleit's pictures the same day at the same time, a good camera and the right angle make alot of difference, but what are some tips you guys would have for us who are interested in taking better pictures? I'd really like to get a nice camera but dropping over a grand on a nice camera, then getting all the accessories you need to really get it going good, isn't something I'm too crazy about until I know I can take some really good pictures.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by josh99ta
Good stuff to know. How do you guys do lighting and stuff. I always hear sunrise with the sun to your back is the best way to go about it. What do you guys think?

Also, what do you guys look for when you're looking for a place to shoot?

Obviously looking at stoleit's pictures the same day at the same time, a good camera and the right angle make alot of difference, but what are some tips you guys would have for us who are interested in taking better pictures? I'd really like to get a nice camera but dropping over a grand on a nice camera, then getting all the accessories you need to really get it going good, isn't something I'm too crazy about until I know I can take some really good pictures.
I've never used set-up lighting. I use to only do night photoshoots but I've become fond of daytime shoots. At night time I just put my camera on manual. Adjust the aperature and shutter accordingly and with a tripod and timer they pics come out nice.

As far as places to shoot that's just something you gotta go scouting for. I'm a delievery driver for an import car parts store and I find new places everyday.

Check these guys out. I've bought 2 digital cameras from there and I'm happy.

I have the Canon Digital Rebel (300D).
http://www.buydig.com/shop/searchres...=3014&pti=2014
Old 07-20-2005, 03:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice pics!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2005, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Vette BelAir
Old 07-21-2005, 12:25 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the compliments Camaroz and jks.

As far as lighting, I do what ritz does. Work with what I've got. When working with cars in a photoshoot like that 55 chevy...make sure to watch your reflection. It's something I have to read into on how to avoid.

But finding places to photograph cars, it'll just come to you. Constantly I will see a place and be like that'd be a cool spot for a car shoot. When I first started getting into photography, I was constantly asking people what settings they used, how they did this or that. Everyone just kept telling me...experiment experiment experiment. Get out there, play with the camera and see what works. If you see a place to shoot your car, set it up, shoot some pictures and see how it comes out.

And yes, shoot at sunrise or sunset. That's when the lighting will be the best for the day. Basically the sunlight will be level with the car. At noon, the light will be perpendicular and will be throwing harsh reflections all over the car.