Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

A Good Reason to Carry a Working Fire Extinguisher in Your Car...

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 06:48 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man thats the worst
Old 10-10-2005, 01:52 PM
TECH Regular

That would be horrible to have to sit there and watch that. What do those ABC little fire extinguishers cost ? Where can you get one for the car ?
Old 10-10-2005, 02:42 PM
12 Second Club

funny in a sad way , it was funny mainly cos of the soundtrack, it would've been funnier with like "what a wondeful world or something" i dunno , but good thign they had a fire extinguisher ha
Old 10-10-2005, 03:22 PM
On The Tree

there's some mean SOBs in here that's just messed up... I don't find it funny at all someones car being destroyed by fire...

my sisters chrysler (I know LOL) caught fire in the middle of a busy intersection during rush hour, torched the entire thing. that wasn't funny either. but she did end up with a better car out of it all hehe

those kids looked like they panicked or something, I bet it's hard coming up with a good plan of action when your car is flaming on LOL the shirt idea is a pretty good one.... I dunno about dumping liquid on it, that can make an electrical fire worse
Old 10-11-2005, 03:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well when ya see the fire at first it seems liek a little thing that is jsut a minor issue. When the car gets into the full burn cycle id be smashing the asshyole with the camera over the head for not helping and getting such a steady shot. lol

John
Old 10-11-2005, 06:29 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by minesfaster
That would be horrible to have to sit there and watch that. What do those ABC little fire extinguishers cost ? Where can you get one for the car ?
You can get a 2.5lbs ABC at your local hardware store for $10-15. However, if you have to use it, it will just about destroy anything it touches.

I would suggest spending a $130 or so for a 2.5lbs Halon bottle. No residue, and is safe around electronics. Instead of smothering the fire like dry chem it takes the oxygen away. Look for Kansas Fire Equipment on Ebay. I got some killer deals on Halon bottles from him, great guy to deal with.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:31 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99SS-T
Well when ya see the fire at first it seems liek a little thing that is jsut a minor issue. When the car gets into the full burn cycle id be smashing the asshyole with the camera over the head for not helping and getting such a steady shot. lol

John
i was thinking the exact same thing, and the camera pulls up and there's some place across the street with a parking lot full of cars , i'd be pissed if none of those 30 ppl even came out to see if i was okay, i think that video may be fake, or set up, everything in it seems so convenient to of happened
Old 10-11-2005, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Schwindj
I think that the rims are still good.
i thought the same thing. haha. the end of the video when its dark and hes showing all the burned up interior. it looks like a video of an old sunken ship or something.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
You can get a 2.5lbs ABC at your local hardware store for $10-15. However, if you have to use it, it will just about destroy anything it touches.

I would suggest spending a $130 or so for a 2.5lbs Halon bottle. No residue, and is safe around electronics. Instead of smothering the fire like dry chem it takes the oxygen away. Look for Kansas Fire Equipment on Ebay. I got some killer deals on Halon bottles from him, great guy to deal with.
might not be good and will damage stuff but its a hell of a lot better than the whole car going up in flames