Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Street Racer's Getting Trapped By Police

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 10:19 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Almost the same thing happened in Houston in 01 I think. Ricers and racers were hanging out in a KMart parking lot and the cops came and started arresting pep for drag racing and towing cars. Some pep who happened to be in the store shopping and walked out at the wrong time got hit too. bunch of peps took it against the department and just in 05 it was annouced that all charges would be dropped and everyones records would be wiped clean of it. I think the head of the department got the boot as well.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sgt. Spuds
That looked like a nice NSX they were in...
I thinks its a mazda mr2
Old 01-26-2006, 11:58 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Originally Posted by FastTrackDF82
Almost the same thing happened in Houston in 01 I think. Ricers and racers were hanging out in a KMart parking lot and the cops came and started arresting pep for drag racing and towing cars. Some pep who happened to be in the store shopping and walked out at the wrong time got hit too. bunch of peps took it against the department and just in 05 it was annouced that all charges would be dropped and everyones records would be wiped clean of it. I think the head of the department got the boot as well.
Yeah it was recently dropped and the peoples lawyer fees and everything had to be reimbursed and the commsionerdude or whatever resigned I believe.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:59 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blazinws6kush
I thinks its a mazda mr2
you mean toyota mr2
here in cali, you get busted for street racing in group setting like that in LA county, they will crush your car, plus all the fines and automatic lose of license and misdameaner charge, and possible jail time, or house arrest, my buddies got house arrest and lost there liscense for 6 months, i have always gotten away lol
Old 01-26-2006, 12:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
you mean toyota mr2
here in cali, you get busted for street racing in group setting like that in LA county, they will crush your car, plus all the fines and automatic lose of license and misdameaner charge, and possible jail time, or house arrest, my buddies got house arrest and lost there liscense for 6 months, i have always gotten away lol
I remember seeing a clip of thise were they drop a huge steel weight on a third gen. I think thats kinda bullshit BUT they have the power I guess.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah that was def philly, i heard about that, im glad i wasnt there that night!
Old 01-26-2006, 12:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Its funny cause whenever I see these videos I always see crappy cars. I mean most of those cars were not even fast. What I have noticed in the past few months is that all the people with the fast cars actually go to the track and the ricers do it on the street. My just be my observation. Anyways, if they opened up a track and charged everybody 10 bucks to race and 5 to view they would be making a lot of money.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by titus2669
Its funny cause whenever I see these videos I always see crappy cars. I mean most of those cars were not even fast. What I have noticed in the past few months is that all the people with the fast cars actually go to the track and the ricers do it on the street. My just be my observation. Anyways, if they opened up a track and charged everybody 10 bucks to race and 5 to view they would be making a lot of money.
this topic has been beat to death...we live within 30 minutes of a track yet we still race on the street. its not about the race...its the adrenalin rush you get doing something on the street thats illegal. so its not so much the fact theres no tracks around, cause there are.
i understand what ya mean though, the crowd seems to be getting younger n younger.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:07 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro
Good job cops!!! They did their job on making the street safer by taking down these idiots who race on the street and endanger everyone else who just want's to get home. Street racing is illegal, dangerous, selfish, stupid, and just plain dumb. All street racers should get what they deserve.

pff...

Why don't you go trade in that camaro for a nice new Chevy Aveo. I hope you don't mean to imply you've never done anything dangerous on the street, nor speed.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:17 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
you mean toyota mr2
here in cali, you get busted for street racing in group setting like that in LA county, they will crush your car, plus all the fines and automatic lose of license and misdameaner charge, and possible jail time, or house arrest, my buddies got house arrest and lost there license for 6 months, i have always gotten away lol

So you take the chance of having your ******* z06, gto, or T/A CRUSHED just so you can race on the streets? I mean, I love street racing as much as the next guy, but if their was a chance that they could take my car, that I still prolly owed on, and crush it like a 120lbs guy poking a 600lbs woman, and still raced it, that's ******* dumb....
Old 01-27-2006, 07:38 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Guys, there's a big difference in lining up at a stop light and racing light to light compared to blocking off a city block in a business district, disrupting the flow of tractor trailors and traffic, lining up the sides of the road with their parents saturns, toyotas and nissans and making a huge spectacle of it.

We've all got stuck at a red light and had someone pull up next to you and you race to 60-100 before shutting it down. But that's not what's done here. You're talking about hundreds and hundreds of people spectating and participating in unsafe illegal activities, not to mention the drug usage and drinking that goes on.

What they did here was very different than hanging out in a K-mart parking lot. They actually shut down flow on a major roadway, big difference.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:24 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ferocity02
The racers deserve it... but writing up a ticket for EVERYONE is ridiculous. There is no way to prove that they had anything to do with the racing. I probably would have parked my car and walked away. If they left a ticket just say I was parked there for awhile. Assuming there is even a parking spot.
Same thing happened on the NJ parkway...EVERYONE got a ticket you could not leave until you got one...whether it was from a local smokie or a statey you got at least one ticket. And if a car didn't have an owner present the car got towed.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:05 PM
Teching In

damn that is hella old i seen that on the mischief video. aka the pple that ran the gumball rally n taped the whole thing.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:35 PM
Teching In

That video is super old. I saw it 5 years ago when it first came out. It's on the very first Mischief DVD.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:35 PM
TECH Addict

that has happen here in DFW texas .... everybody got tickets also, but i havent heard of any big bust lately
Old 01-27-2006, 03:42 PM
11 Second Club

lol im going to jump the curb wtf.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:54 PM
TECH Resident

I have been traped before only 100 people or so and we all got tickets for bull **** too. whent to court and got reduced
Old 01-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Board Certified Idiot

DUDE NO way is that Front STREET LMAO. Nore packer Ave PPl dont even race on front any more to small.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well its all good for them but I'd be stuck there. High centered on the curb with tranny fluid everywhere LOL.

That was lame ****, If I could, I would have done the same thing.

-Matt
Old 01-28-2006, 11:03 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Z2K_MrJ
DUDE NO way is that Front STREET LMAO. Nore packer Ave PPl dont even race on front any more to small.
If you read, this is an old video.