Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

C6 Z06 (STOCK) Vs. 516 RWHP '03 Cobra VID.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 12:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mahhddgtp
Yeah, I think you guys were on his *** too much. The Z06 would've pulled it out, but it would've been a bit closer. Even if he did know about the belt slip, I know I would've come out to race still (unless that'd somehow damage things, wouldn't it just come out running rich?). It's all good fun..

I heard belt slip without him telling me (especially in the second clip). Re-race and post it up, I'd like to see the outcome with a better belt.

If I raced someone and got it on camera, I'd do the same thing pretty much. But, I'd make it clear that it's not excuse-making. Sometimes it just comes off like it is... Plus I'd always post a link to the original thread

Anyways, re-shoot the bitch!! I always like to see modded cobras go up against the GM boys. Especially the Le Mans Blue C6 Z06 . Be sure to get a better belt!

P.S. Who's the owner of the C6 Z06? Brad, is that you? I think I may have hopped in the car with this guy at QuikTrip.
Ha ha, holy crap man!!!! Yeah, that's me!!
Old 01-31-2006, 12:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Holy ****! Small world!

I literally ran over to his car from mine at a QuikTrip in Snellville. Told him I loved his car and asked him for a ride...

He's definitely a cool guy. He gave me a fun 135mph run down Ronald Reagan after a quick cop cruise... Talk him into modifying it and getting rid of those run-flats though...
Old 01-31-2006, 12:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lankhoss
Ha ha, holy crap man!!!! Yeah, that's me!!
Glad to see you using that LS7.. Hopefully I'll run into a few more times this Spring/Summer.

http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread...hreadid=312364 is the thread I started on LS2.com after the 135mph blast.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:34 AM
Teching In

Wow, it IS a small world! That is insane. I don't browse too many forums, so that's why I haven't seen you. I can't access the LS2 page

Anyway, I'm glad the ride was a memorable one for you

I ran into Steeda one night right there by that Quik Trip. He is a super cool guy, and he introduced me to a few others from SVTperformance.com. All of these guys are really nice, and we go out cruising from time to time. We even made our own forum for Atlanta metro sports car enthusiasts. It's a site for people who appreciate ALL types of cars....Mustangs, Vettes, Vipers....all alike. You should join up, we need some more T/A's and Z28's anyway!!

www.sportscarforum.net

Glad I "ran into" you again!
Old 01-31-2006, 12:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ahhhh great.. FINALLY an Atlanta forum. Yeah... Sign-up over there at LS2.com... Ya might as well since it's another big GM-based forum. Glad to see there's some people who like to do some racin' in our area
Old 01-31-2006, 12:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mahhddgtp
Ahhhh great.. FINALLY an Atlanta forum. Yeah... Sign-up over there at LS2.com... Ya might as well since it's another big GM-based forum. Glad to see there's some people who like to do some racin' in our area
I will do that when I get back home. I am up in Greenville right now
Old 01-31-2006, 12:53 AM
12 Second Club

Awsome Video Steeda03 And Lankhoss!! i would love to see the rematch, get that beast runing cherry again Steeda!
Old 01-31-2006, 12:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok Brad, I signed up. I'll start coming around there more often...
Old 01-31-2006, 01:02 AM
Teching In

Awesome man!!! Put a post in there in New Member Introductions. Also, post some pictures of your ride if you can.

Keep an eye out on our forums for future get togethers. You're more than welcome to bring out the GTP and join us!!
Old 01-31-2006, 01:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Shhh... I'm on LS1tech, they're supposed to think I have a 7 second street-legal T/A

Definitely sounds good to me. I have pictures from when it was new, and BEFORE the limb from the storm got hold of it . Hopefully I'll be fixing that and selling it off soon

BTW, in case you guys havent noticed... This thread is goin' to Cuba because it's been hijacked
Old 01-31-2006, 01:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

great race, nice *** cobra, (i like cobras myself) and a sweet Z06. Well given the same HP, i would think the Z should pull the faster they go simply for aerodynamics and not to mention a big weight difference.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:15 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 92SilverSHO
great race, nice *** cobra, (i like cobras myself) and a sweet Z06. Well given the same HP, i would think the Z should pull the faster they go simply for aerodynamics and not to mention a big weight difference.
Thanks Yeah, that Z has awesome aero and gearing for the higher speeds. It'll pull on up to 198+ right? I'd be roasting my pistons at about 160, thanks to Ford and their .001 piston to wall clearance and terribly insufficient cooling system . All that heat generated in the high load / high boost condition causes the pistons to expand into the cylinder wall. Doesn't happen all the time, but I've heard a lot of stories of damaged engines from the high speed runs, that's why we shut down at 130ish, that's the top of my 4th gear. I don't want to be running it in 5th.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:34 AM
TECH Regular

Badass z06 GM< wins again.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:46 AM
TECH Pimp

the trolls go back under the bridge when the Cobra guy comes out lol..

I love it..
Old 01-31-2006, 06:54 AM
Teching In

awesome video and really BAD A$$ cars guys
keep'em coming
Old 01-31-2006, 07:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Old 01-31-2006, 09:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yep, very impressive runs. both cars are BAD ***!

and its been said, belt slippage is a serious problem and legitamate reason why the Z06 starting walking hard at the end. with no slip it would have been closer and the Z would only have walked after high speeds over 130+.
same kinda reason if you blew a piston/rod in one of your cylinders during a race. you lost power, and if you u lost because of that, thats one reason which is a legitamate excuse.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:20 AM
Staging Lane

OK. Some of us were a little hard on the Cobra driver, but he explained the situation and redeemed himself. Problem is... this vid will pop up in other places and get bashed on just the same.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Steeda30
LOL, god damn, I shouldn't have put that in the video. I just wanted to make people aware that the Cobra was losing a bit of power due to the belt slipping; I should have added "Even without a slipping belt, the Z is still faster, but it would have made for a closer race". Oh well. I don't care if I lose, I just want the video to show an accurate depiction of how these cars compare.

But like Lankhoss says, I think his slow shifting and starting in 2nd evened things out pretty well.
And if you didn't include it, some people would hear the belt slip(I sure as hell did) and would comment on it and make an excuse...

Your damned if you do and damned if you don't.

-Matt
Old 01-31-2006, 10:29 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Z06phile
OK. Some of us were a little hard on the Cobra driver, but he explained the situation and redeemed himself. Problem is... this vid will pop up in other places and get bashed on just the same.
Excactly, haha, oh well. I'll have to make sure the rematch is well circulated so hopefully everyone that's seen this one can see the rematch.