Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Video EVO8 VS C6 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 09:01 PM
Sweet Cheeks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two very expensive cars. One's stock, the other's not.

Nice run.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by shkettle
i ran that evo the other night... my mods and spraying a 75 shot... he got me too. it is putting out tons of power... ill be searching for him when i get the 200 jets installed.
Forged and you're only running a 75 shot? Come on, you need that 200 shot... Your motor's begging for it.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:13 PM
Teching In

Ok,I'll post this once....so take it or leave it. It turned into a big hassle over on IA, so I'm not gonna start arguing here. Here are the FACTS about the race:

1st race, my fault....I screwed up. I went from 2nd to 5th...I've never done that before. I didn't know why I wasn't accelerating, till I looked down as saw my RPMs.

2nd race, the ONLY good race we had. Went from about 40mph up to about 125 (top of 3rd for me). The cars were pretty even, or the Evo may have had a slight edge on me. You see him comment on how bad his shifting was in that video, but mine was just as bad. After missing 5th, I was very conscious about my shifting, and not doing it as fast as usual (no excuse, just saying his couldn't have been worse than mine).

3rd race, there was a car in my lane so I let off at about 90 - 95mph. I basically shifted to 3rd, then slammed on the brakes (watch my nose actually dip in the video).

This wasn't a good time or place to be racing, there was TONS of traffic on the road. I TOLD him about missing 3rd AND about letting off early in the last race (and why) yet he still posted the video making it look like he walked me. I did let off fairly early in the last race, but I am not going to take a chance at flying up on someone's *** at 120mph and slamming my brakes on (like he did). In fact, he PASSED the car that was in my lane! My take from the races, is that our cars were pretty much even...he may have had a SLIGHT edge on me. My passenger didn't think he was faster than me at all, but I thought he may have been a tad faster. He was telling me that the faster he goes, the more he'd pull. Then I told him I'd race him to 150, because after 120 my car really comes alive in 4th gear. But he said he won't race above 120....so guess that's not gonna happen. Either way, this started off as a pretty simple harmless race, and turned into a **** storm.....so I don't feel like re-running the guy and dealing with all of the drama.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lankhoss
Ok,I'll post this once....so take it or leave it. It turned into a big hassle over on IA, so I'm not gonna start arguing here. Here are the FACTS about the race:

1st race, my fault....I screwed up. I went from 2nd to 5th...I've never done that before. I didn't know why I wasn't accelerating, till I looked down as saw my RPMs.

2nd race, the ONLY good race we had. Went from about 40mph up to about 125 (top of 3rd for me). The cars were pretty even, or the Evo may have had a slight edge on me. You see him comment on how bad his shifting was in that video, but mine was just as bad. After missing 5th, I was very conscious about my shifting, and not doing it as fast as usual (no excuse, just saying his couldn't have been worse than mine).

3rd race, there was a car in my lane so I let off at about 90 - 95mph. I basically shifted to 3rd, then slammed on the brakes (watch my nose actually dip in the video).

This wasn't a good time or place to be racing, there was TONS of traffic on the road. I TOLD him about missing 3rd AND about letting off early in the last race (and why) yet he still posted the video making it look like he walked me. I did let off fairly early in the last race, but I am not going to take a chance at flying up on someone's *** at 120mph and slamming my brakes on (like he did). In fact, he PASSED the car that was in my lane! My take from the races, is that our cars were pretty much even...he may have had a SLIGHT edge on me. My passenger didn't think he was faster than me at all, but I thought he may have been a tad faster. He was telling me that the faster he goes, the more he'd pull. Then I told him I'd race him to 150, because after 120 my car really comes alive in 4th gear. But he said he won't race above 120....so guess that's not gonna happen. Either way, this started off as a pretty simple harmless race, and turned into a **** storm.....so I don't feel like re-running the guy and dealing with all of the drama.
its alrgith buddy, im sure every buddy on here knows the new z06 is pretty untouchable,

it thats typical for a ricer to come on "our" forums and post **** like that

i say race again in the day light and see how it goes
Old 04-23-2006, 10:42 PM
Banned

You guyz talk like RICERS....The Vette was stock...Bet it would different if the Vette had this...Bet it would different if the Vette had that...haha...you guyz are a joke thats exzactly what a RICER would say...So congradulations RICERS....
Old 04-24-2006, 02:18 AM
Teching In

And, just for the record.......I don't really care who wins or loses. Yeah, the Z06 is fast, but it's far far from "unbeatable."

I was just upset at the MISREPRESENTATION of the video, and even more upset at the comments for everyone else fueling the fire.

The fact is, our two cars were pretty damn even.......and the guy in the Evo, nor any of his friends want to admit that.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:52 AM
Banned

And, just for the record.......I don't really care who wins or loses. Yeah, the Z06 is fast, but it's far far from "unbeatable."

I was just upset at the MISREPRESENTATION of the video, and even more upset at the comments for everyone else fueling the fire.

The fact is, our two cars were pretty damn even.......and the guy in the Evo, nor any of his friends want to admit that.

No doubt the Vette is fast it is a Vette come on...There are some sick *** cars out there and one of them is a C6 Z06...But the point is you race with what you got...If you dont have what the other guy has then dont race him...Nor complain what all modds the other car has or how much he has in it after you lose....gimme a break...That is Ricer Talk...I should know and people on this Forum will agree I know Ricer...
Old 04-24-2006, 02:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LightEmUpLs1
it thats typical for a ricer to come on "our" forums and post **** like that

And it wasnt a Ricer that posted it....It was one of you guyz...An LS1 Guy...
Old 04-24-2006, 03:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MitsubishiGTO
No doubt the Vette is fast it is a Vette come on...There are some sick *** cars out there and one of them is a C6 Z06...But the point is you race with what you got...If you dont have what the other guy has then dont race him...Nor complain what all modds the other car has or how much he has in it after you lose....gimme a break...That is Ricer Talk...I should know and people on this Forum will agree I know Ricer...
Are you directing this at me? I never complained about mods. I never mentioned anything about how much he had in his car or anything.

I think you have me confused with someone else. And just to let you know, the guy refused to tell me what he "had" in his car.....he was just really eager to race me.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:58 AM
Banned

Are you directing this at me? I never complained about mods. I never mentioned anything about how much he had in his car or anything.

I think you have me confused with someone else. And just to let you know, the guy refused to tell me what he "had" in his car.....he was just really eager to race me.

No im talkin about all the other guyz....
Old 04-24-2006, 10:25 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MitsubishiGTO
No im talkin about all the other guyz....
Well, in that case.......I agree with you ;-)
Old 04-25-2006, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Hi, I'm the owner/driver of the Evo... was told about this thread recently and that ppl are saying I digitally editted the video to make it look like I beat the c6z06. Made me giggle when I heard that, hehe. Believe what you want. =]

I'm not 'bout to get into an arguement with Lankhoss... I've always thought excuses were for ricers so I'll leave it at that.

The c6z06 gets the respect of almost every car enthusiast around the world, including my own. Considered a "super car" by many since it keeps up and beats most of the European super cars out there in most fields of performance. With that being said, I don't see why all the disrespect to my Evo for beating one from a roll... or the arguements about displacement and boost and what not. My car's not made to go in a straight line... nor to drag race from a roll... but its fun to see what it can do compared to other cars.

To whoever said that my car's built to combat the AMS Evo(s), that's wrong. My car's built for me to drive it... not to compete with any shop builds. Also, whoever said my car has as much money in it as a stock c6z06 costs, that's *definitely* wrong. I don't want to go into discussion about my finances with my car, but I will say I've spent way less than what many seem to think.

Shkettle, send me an IM on AIM sometime... I kept wondering who's camaro it was that I ran on the way back from the track. I have no idea how much power your car was putting down then... but it sure is quick as hell. I'd be willing to do some more pulls once you install your 200 shot. =]

Oh, and for all the ppl who think the video may be a hoax or whatever... I have plenty of older videos on my *stock* turbo racing a Viper SRT-10, Supras, FD's, etc... ^.^
Old 04-25-2006, 04:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

where is that z06 from HPE
he will kick that evo`s A$$
Old 04-25-2006, 04:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WS-Sick
I don't know why anyone would post saying that the Z06 could have won or even could have kept it close if there was a good driver in it. Do they realize how much power that Evo makes? Compare that to the Z and what do you have? Realiy! That Vette wouldn't even come close to beating that Evo in it's current state. I'm ready to see that eveo racing bikes, supras, modded vipers, modded vettes, etc. Those are gonna be classic vids.
I agree, a loss is a loss. That EVO is fast bottom line.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ct9a gsr
Hi, I'm the owner/driver of the Evo... was told about this thread recently and that ppl are saying I digitally editted the video to make it look like I beat the c6z06. Made me giggle when I heard that, hehe. Believe what you want. =]

I'm not 'bout to get into an arguement with Lankhoss... I've always thought excuses were for ricers so I'll leave it at that.

The c6z06 gets the respect of almost every car enthusiast around the world, including my own. Considered a "super car" by many since it keeps up and beats most of the European super cars out there in most fields of performance. With that being said, I don't see why all the disrespect to my Evo for beating one from a roll... or the arguements about displacement and boost and what not. My car's not made to go in a straight line... nor to drag race from a roll... but its fun to see what it can do compared to other cars.

To whoever said that my car's built to combat the AMS Evo(s), that's wrong. My car's built for me to drive it... not to compete with any shop builds. Also, whoever said my car has as much money in it as a stock c6z06 costs, that's *definitely* wrong. I don't want to go into discussion about my finances with my car, but I will say I've spent way less than what many seem to think.

Shkettle, send me an IM on AIM sometime... I kept wondering who's camaro it was that I ran on the way back from the track. I have no idea how much power your car was putting down then... but it sure is quick as hell. I'd be willing to do some more pulls once you install your 200 shot. =]

Oh, and for all the ppl who think the video may be a hoax or whatever... I have plenty of older videos on my *stock* turbo racing a Viper SRT-10, Supras, FD's, etc... ^.^
I'll agree that the video is not edited. More than one person has made that comment, and I don't know why.

But, if anyone is a ricer it's you....and you can't beat my Z with the setup you used that night
Old 04-26-2006, 11:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ELMiN8oR
where is that z06 from HPE
he will kick that evo`s A$$
Oh boy... some more benchracing...
Old 04-26-2006, 12:15 PM
Teching In

I'll agree that the video is not edited. More than one person has made that comment, and I don't know why.

But, if anyone is a ricer it's you....and you can't beat my Z with the setup you used that night
Re-watch the video a few more times... except this time, keep your eyes open.

^.^
Old 04-26-2006, 06:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ct9a gsr
Re-watch the video a few more times... except this time, keep your eyes open.

^.^
You and I (and my passenger) both know your car wasn't faster than mine that night.

I think it's funny you are so afraid to admit that.

That's good enough for me heh
Old 04-26-2006, 07:18 PM
On The Tree

why not race again. same spot at a later time so no traffic. camera in both cars. get a good three runs in. meet up and end all the bs and ricer excuses.
ill be out there this weekend in the new ss. hope to see some of yall out.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by StrokerLS1
why not race again. same spot at a later time so no traffic. camera in both cars. get a good three runs in. meet up and end all the bs and ricer excuses.
ill be out there this weekend in the new ss. hope to see some of yall out.
I repeatedly offered to race him heads-up at the track... and he respectfully declined. There's no reason to race him again on the highway... I'm sure he has plethora of excuses waiting in the bag. Besides, if I turn the boost down again like it was that night of the races, he probably won't believe me either.

Where do you hang out at, StrokerLS1?