Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Video EVO8 VS C6 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 10:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lankhoss
2nd race, the ONLY good race we had. Went from about 40mph up to about 125 (top of 3rd for me). The cars were pretty even, or the Evo may have had a slight edge on me. You see him comment on how bad his shifting was in that video, but mine was just as bad. After missing 5th, I was very conscious about my shifting, and not doing it as fast as usual (no excuse, just saying his couldn't have been worse than mine).
You and I (and my passenger) both know your car wasn't faster than mine that night.

I think it's funny you are so afraid to admit that.

That's good enough for me heh
On the irony!
Old 04-27-2006, 10:18 PM
Launching!

does charles post on here
Old 04-28-2006, 10:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by shkettle
does charles post on here
I post on here very rarely... if you get on AIM, message me sometime: ct9a gsr
Old 04-28-2006, 12:55 PM
10 Second Club

That's one thing I have yet to understand about import racers. They want to race from X mph too X mph, to what ever is in their advantage. Nothing against them, but that seems to be one common theme carried throughout. Although, my car wont realy punch till 40, and honestly I don't like racing in the 30's (2.73). So I guess I have a little rice in me too.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:30 PM
11 Second Club

"That's one thing I have yet to understand about import racers. They want to race from X mph too X mph, to what ever is in their advantage."

Sadly I have found this true of the younger racers err should I say ricers. Those damn movies made every wannabe out there into some street racer.

To me, (and yes this is my opinon) drag racing is at a track, from a stand still. Period. Thats racing. Once moving everything changes - freeway racing shouldnt matter, and its not really cool. So what if you have xxxx hp, and it only takes you xx seconds to go from 75mph to 180mph. I have found that a lot of people around me have never been to a track. I get (from dom and import) "oh my car is real fast, it will run 12s" all the time. I always ask what track to you run at. Same answer almost everytime - "ah well, I have raced 12 sec cars on the street, and I usually win." I run at the track, I know what my car can do. Its gotten to the point where I wont cruzn with my car, because Im just so sick of hearing all the bs.

I like this comparison -
Car and Driver Stock C6 Z06 price tag - about 75k.
1/4 mile: 11.7 @ 125 mph (with a damn good driver)

Side note: I havent seen one yet at my tracks, which is wierd since I am in Detroit ??? Hey GM, wheres all the C6 Z06s? I have actually only seen 1 yet and it was yellow going the opposite way on the freeway. The hood scoop is a give away.

Lightly Modded Evo 8 price tag - about 34k (ok, my car - 2700 in mods counting any outside labor (ecu flash))
1/4 mile: 12.198 @ 113 mph

I have seen others go 11.9-7 with cams and header depending on conditions. Which I think is not that bad for the price. I just like knowing that I can stick with cars that I wish I had the bank role for.

But I still give mad props to the guys out there running true factory super cars. Hey if I had the mad $$$$ to get one, you bet I would have one (or 4 or 5).

Bottom line, anyone can have a really fast car. Just might take more money to get there.

Now I usually dont stand on a soap box with this stuff. But like I said, it just seems to be getting worse and worse on the streets.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
"That's one thing I have yet to understand about import racers. They want to race from X mph too X mph, to what ever is in their advantage."

Sadly I have found this true of the younger racers err should I say ricers. Those damn movies made every wannabe out there into some street racer.

To me, (and yes this is my opinon) drag racing is at a track, from a stand still. Period. Thats racing. Once moving everything changes - freeway racing shouldnt matter, and its not really cool. So what if you have xxxx hp, and it only takes you xx seconds to go from 75mph to 180mph. I have found that a lot of people around me have never been to a track. I get (from dom and import) "oh my car is real fast, it will run 12s" all the time. I always ask what track to you run at. Same answer almost everytime - "ah well, I have raced 12 sec cars on the street, and I usually win." I run at the track, I know what my car can do. Its gotten to the point where I wont cruzn with my car, because Im just so sick of hearing all the bs.

I like this comparison -
Car and Driver Stock C6 Z06 price tag - about 75k.
1/4 mile: 11.7 @ 125 mph (with a damn good driver)

Side note: I havent seen one yet at my tracks, which is wierd since I am in Detroit ??? Hey GM, wheres all the C6 Z06s? I have actually only seen 1 yet and it was yellow going the opposite way on the freeway. The hood scoop is a give away.

Lightly Modded Evo 8 price tag - about 34k (ok, my car - 2700 in mods counting any outside labor (ecu flash))
1/4 mile: 12.198 @ 113 mph

I have seen others go 11.9-7 with cams and header depending on conditions. Which I think is not that bad for the price. I just like knowing that I can stick with cars that I wish I had the bank role for.

But I still give mad props to the guys out there running true factory super cars. Hey if I had the mad $$$$ to get one, you bet I would have one (or 4 or 5).

Bottom line, anyone can have a really fast car. Just might take more money to get there.

Now I usually dont stand on a soap box with this stuff. But like I said, it just seems to be getting worse and worse on the streets.
Promote this man!
Old 04-28-2006, 02:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 273sunsetZ
That's one thing I have yet to understand about import racers. They want to race from X mph too X mph, to what ever is in their advantage. Nothing against them, but that seems to be one common theme carried throughout. Although, my car wont realy punch till 40, and honestly I don't like racing in the 30's (2.73). So I guess I have a little rice in me too.
Umm... and you jump to conclusions to group and bash "import racers" too quickly. Everyone I run, including this run, I let them choose the speed window as long as it doesn't exceed 130mph (due to risk on public roads). Why do I do this? To make sure you "domestic racers" don't come up with powerband excuses.

^.^
Old 04-28-2006, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 273sunsetZ
That's one thing I have yet to understand about import racers.
and this is what I hate about domestics.
They see some imports that do something and then are quick to ignorantly label everyone that way. A lot of people only want to go from certain speeds or in certain conditions. If the other person agree's and loses then that is there fault and they shouldn't cry about it.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:43 PM
Teching In

I have an AWD car.. I want to race from the dig everytime.. Most of the time I just challenge rwd cars to a race in the snow. Hey I take ever advantage I can get.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98maro
Yep thats him.. Lankhoss.. Nice guy, I was in my car following while these two race.. and they raced about 5-6 other times (not on video) and the Z06 didn't have a chance at all.. good runs..

Durrrrrr, I bet the Z06 would have done better from a stop that way the Evo 8 wouldn't have any boost already.

Actually now that I think of it if it had uber slicks and a stall (which it doesn't since they don't make auto Z06's) it might have had a better chance. The guy did say that it had a big turbo.

It might have had a nice jump despite the Evo's AWD duo to turbo lag. Plus isn't the Z06 geared to go 200 mph and the Evo tops at like 145????

I wonder how they replaced the rear-end equivalent in the Evo I think the whateveritiscalled is rated to 700hp but 808 is a LOT imagine if it sprayed off the line against the Z06.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Genesis_26317
Durrrrrr, I bet the Z06 would have done better from a stop that way the Evo 8 wouldn't have any boost already.

Actually now that I think of it if it had uber slicks and a stall (which it doesn't since they don't make auto Z06's) it might have had a better chance. The guy did say that it had a big turbo.

It might have had a nice jump despite the Evo's AWD duo to turbo lag. Plus isn't the Z06 geared to go 200 mph and the Evo tops at like 145????

I wonder how they replaced the rear-end equivalent in the Evo I think the whateveritiscalled is rated to 700hp but 808 is a LOT imagine if it sprayed off the line against the Z06.
Wow.

Nothing you said about the EVO is correct at all. They can have a 2 step or antilag and leave the line at almost any PSI they want. That combined with AWD will be hard to beat. The EVO will top out at more than 145, but like some have mentioned this was a street race so who in there right mind is going to go over 130 or so to try and run an other car out of gear? I bet there would be a lot less flaming on this board if people actually knew what they were talking about or actually read up on the cars they bash.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:02 PM
11 Second Club

haha thank you boostedinaz, ya that guy is sooo wrong.

Correct, 05s-up have a 5000k 2 step launch control, and there is now a few tuners out there that have been modifing that launch control to a higher rpm (5500-6000).

On my 5k I make 10-12 psi of boost, and that is staging at the tree. Once I am off the line I am at full boost by 3300 rpm. So when I am launching at 5000k - well you do the math, Im at full boost instantly.

I really dont approve street racing, but a stock Evo will do 155-160 (@ 7000 rpm), and once the rpm level is rasied to 7800 (i.e. once tuned) you are only limited by your transmission/rpm/nards. But that will get you 170-175+ depending on wind and whatnot.

Ah I think that whateveritiscalled you are trying to talk about its the AWD transfer case. They are pretty darn strong, ya guys are are grenading them, but they can take the hp. The rear ends of Evos are very strong.

So Gen I think you need to change that "bench racing expert" icon to "reading more about other cars before I talk about them"
Old 04-29-2006, 04:09 PM
12 Second Club

"1999 Pewter T-Top Z28 full factory options all of which are either broken, replaced, or removed. Oh yeah, and another $14k in worthless car crap which still makes the car only worth $5k in a trade-in. *sigh*" Gen's sig.

Just curious what mods, if any, do you have on your car? please elaborate on your 14K worthless crap... "Does that include speakers and a body kit?" Maybe you should spend you money a little more carefully next time.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:23 PM
TECH Regular

Watching the video is obvious none of the races were very good. The Z06 hangs and stays right there until he lifts (or brakes or misses his shift or whatever) in every run. That said.. thats a FAST EVO.

Good thing you guys were racing at night too, to spare everyone the ugliness of the two cars.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
haha thank you boostedinaz, ya that guy is sooo wrong.

Correct, 05s-up have a 5000k 2 step launch control, and there is now a few tuners out there that have been modifing that launch control to a higher rpm (5500-6000).

On my 5k I make 10-12 psi of boost, and that is staging at the tree. Once I am off the line I am at full boost by 3300 rpm. So when I am launching at 5000k - well you do the math, Im at full boost instantly.

I really dont approve street racing, but a stock Evo will do 155-160 (@ 7000 rpm), and once the rpm level is rasied to 7800 (i.e. once tuned) you are only limited by your transmission/rpm/nards. But that will get you 170-175+ depending on wind and whatnot.

Ah I think that whateveritiscalled you are trying to talk about its the AWD transfer case. They are pretty darn strong, ya guys are are grenading them, but they can take the hp. The rear ends of Evos are very strong.

So Gen I think you need to change that "bench racing expert" icon to "reading more about other cars before I talk about them"

Turbo lag

WTF is that? Does anyone still have turbo lag anymore???

Old 04-29-2006, 11:27 PM
Teching In

I ran a MUCH weaker Evo from a dig a week or so ago, and he annihilated me off the line. You are wrong if you think they wouldn't do very good out of the hole just because of a big turbo heh
Old 04-30-2006, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Does nobody know that this was a sarcastic comment???

Did the durrr, maybe give a hint?

Apparently not, is everyone in here so busy to be an ******* that they don't even read the message.

IT WAS SARCASTIC instead I have almost a page of jerks being jerks. Actually read the message next time!!! Get the sarcasm, I was playing around being in disbelief that the new Z06 could actually lose and people start "flaming" me saying I should know more about the cars that I "bash".

Gee we all know that an Evo can't do a dig what with AWD and all what the hell is wrong with you peopl?

Originally Posted by boostedinaz
Wow.

Nothing you said about the EVO is correct at all. They can have a 2 step or antilag and leave the line at almost any PSI they want. That combined with AWD will be hard to beat. The EVO will top out at more than 145, but like some have mentioned this was a street race so who in there right mind is going to go over 130 or so to try and run an other car out of gear? I bet there would be a lot less flaming on this board if people actually knew what they were talking about or actually read up on the cars they bash.

Wow, you are a jerk. Your right I have not idea about the Evo's two stage antilag. I must have been WAY off about its top speed too...

"Don't flame and don't be such a jerk" I wasn't arguing tech I was being sarcastic and poking fun of people who don't believe that an Evo could beat a new Z06. So I was actually completementing the car. You apparently didn't get that and thought that I was insulting it.

Originally Posted by CarZ28
"1999 Pewter T-Top Z28 full factory options all of which are either broken, replaced, or removed. Oh yeah, and another $14k in worthless car crap which still makes the car only worth $5k in a trade-in. *sigh*" Gen's sig.

Just curious what mods, if any, do you have on your car? please elaborate on your 14K worthless crap... "Does that include speakers and a body kit?" Maybe you should spend you money a little more carefully next time.

It is a joke about resale value dude. I'm buying a Corvette and the Camaro is worthless in a trade-in... What the hell else do you think it means???

I mean what the hell kind of crap are you trying to start.

Please elaborate, what does this have to do with ANYTHING???

[/QUOTE] Maybe you should spend you money a little more carefully next time.[/QUOTE]

No maybe I was joking about all the cash I spent on my car and how bad resales go on modded cars.

Originally Posted by bboyferal

Turbo lag

WTF is that? Does anyone still have turbo lag anymore???

My friend with his monster turbo in his Integra does (just waiting for people to start saying "well he doesn't know what he is doing..." "his set-up is stupid, he doesn't know how to do an install).

I ran a MUCH weaker Evo from a dig a week or so ago, and he annihilated me off the line. You are wrong if you think they wouldn't do very good out of the hole just because of a big turbo heh

I NEVER said that I didn't think they were good out of the hole!!!! What the hell people!!!!!!! I was joking about an AWD vehicle not being good from a dig, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?!?

Last edited by Genesis_26317; 04-30-2006 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Genesis_26317

Wow, you are a jerk. Your right I have not idea about the Evo's two stage antilag. I must have been WAY off about its top speed too...
Well it doesn't seem you are very good at being sarcastic, sorry. Sometimes it hard to pick that up over the net, no need to get upset about it. I was just poiting out incorrect information. Like I said in my first post many peope come here and start to bash anything 4 clyinders of which they know nothing about.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by boostedinaz
Well it doesn't seem you are very good at being sarcastic, sorry. Sometimes it hard to pick that up over the net, no need to get upset about it. I was just poiting out incorrect information. Like I said in my first post many peope come here and start to bash anything 4 clyinders of which they know nothing about.

Sorry about being so offended but I had a freakin' half page of people flaming me when I was joking about disbelieving that a Z06 was beat by an Evo...

Especially the part about the Z06 having a better chance from a dig when it is geared for being 200mph and the Evo isn't, not to mention the whole AWD thing. I thought the durrrrr at the being would show I was playing around, especially since the vid poster was accused of digitally editing the vid to show the Z06 losing.

I quit bashing 4 cylinders when the turbo Integra I mentioned above had enough power & torque steer to almost jump it into the curb every time it changed gears... If I would race it, it would look like I was going in reverse.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:13 PM
11 Second Club

*sigh* maybe you should leave the jokes to some real comedians. Nothing is wrong with any of us, maybe you should point that comment to yourself.

CarZ28 isnt trying to start crap. He is being sarcastic, humm must be that same sarcasm that you used in your first post.

If you are going to compliment at car, then compliment a car. It goes like this "Dude, that is one nice car." - wow easy huh?

Read your first post again, and think to yourself what you are saying. To all of us it looks like you are being an ****. So we all chipped in to help correct your mistakes.

With that I am done. Im on this forum to expand what I know about ls1s, and to get new ideas to make my brothers car faster. If people have any questions about Evos or any cars for that matter, look up some of the owners of those cars, and ask them.

Happy racing - see you at the tracks.