Old 06-14-2006 | 08:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by catfSSh

and yes ls1 in a fd is whatsup. theres also a company with a ls1ina bmw kit

these motors are gettin everything nowa days

Miatas
Old 06-21-2006 | 04:34 PM
Staging Lane

I am seriously considering going in this direction for my next ride.
Old 06-21-2006 | 06:56 PM
10 Second Club

you'll be glad you did
i'm near easton, pa. my friend lives there with redish 99 mustang gt.
Old 06-22-2006 | 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cheatin' Chad
If you like to race from a roll that's great but the results of roll racing are next to pointless.With the haphazard 3honk starts and running til someone is just behind you gives no hard numbers. If people did it in a fashion that they could accurately time the races and there was a defined start/stop I would take it seriously.As it stands now it's closer to drifting than it is real racing.

Do you like seeing how FAST you are? Run the flying mile or standing mile. Traction is a difficult thing to get enough of. The point of racing is proving you can be competitive. Removing the start is in my opinion "lowering the bar".

A MAJOR part of finding out who is quicker and faster is racing from a stop to the end of a 1/4mile. That's what drag racing is based on.

I drove my car everyday with no serious compromise other than removing the front swaybar and using gummy tires in back. It could be put into handling mode in a short time. I had a 3500 converter and it was quite drivable. I drove it during the winter months in N.IL with that converter.Have you driven a car that had an aftermarket converter?

When running less than spectacular times (11's or slower) there is no reason for anyone to constantly break parts. It's just as easy to bust parts when roadracing.
sadly around here theres no place for top end races in a structured fashion. only highways. i dont care who runs a faster time or anything like that because if im ahead of you after an obviously ligitimate race then there should be little to no BS.

i agree that racing period is hard on parts and gets even harder the faster you go and the more power you make.

yes i have driven a car with an aftermarket stall (it was around a 2400 if i remember right) but that was in a TPI car that made more torque off idle than a lot of full bolt on LS1 cars make. and i even drove it in the snow once with drag radials on it in that condition.
Old 06-22-2006 | 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

nice thing about big motors in light cars is the weight is also easier on drivetrain. Alot less things break in a 500 hp 2600lb car as opposed to a 3600lb car
Old 06-23-2006 | 02:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

**** you and your import loving friends, Why would you come on a forum such as ls1tech, and brag up imports, who gives a **** if they are more expensive than a 10 year old f-body, you must not know TOO much about them as you said "probably has more value"

And lets not talk about "potential", if you would get your head out of your *** you could look around and see that there are a **** load of fast lt1 cars (mine definitely isn't one of them, but if I wanted it to be, it would). And **** your LT1 bashing, the lt1 is a great motor, and at one time the ltx series motors were, just like the lsx series now, GM's latest and greatest, in 5 years when the lsx series is no longer billy bad ***, and has been set aside for something better, will you come down on the ls1 guys with the same condencending remarks as you do to the lt1 owners now?

Go back to the nismo forums buddy
^^ this guy is funny. I haven't posted here in a LONG while just lurked; but now i have to. How are you going to complain about lt1 bashing and people "braggin up" imports when this is NOT a lt1 forum and it's obvious you don't know your head from your ***.

the friend with the rx-7 "with a rotor in it"...ALL RX cars have rotary engines, duh. That "shitty" i6 engine (rb26dett) makes your lt1 look like an abortion, a big underachieving engine that stayed above the curve until several turbo six-powered cars made it look obsolete; and i'm talking about the vettes. no "braggin up", cletus. love the optispark.

there's a **** load of fast lt1 cars, as well as a **** load of modified fast cars from every ******* company except a few(and that's changing).

as far as what belongs in jap land..isn't the designer of the new sucessful and actually powerful mustang a vietnamese man? OOPS. powerdrill that into your brain please.

you're the type of person who lives with his ears and eyes covered afraid of reality. like an inbred agent smith attached to the censored and shackled patter of the past; and frightened of things you can't understand.

that whole import vs domestics bubble blew up a couple of years ago, you seem like the fanboy/cheerleader in a empty stadium. any TRUE CAR PERSON has their preference but is not blindfolded.
Old 06-23-2006 | 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Excal
^^ this guy is funny. I haven't posted here in a LONG while just lurked; but now i have to. How are you going to complain about lt1 bashing and people "braggin up" imports when this is NOT a lt1 forum and it's obvious you don't know your head from your ***.

the friend with the rx-7 "with a rotor in it"...ALL RX cars have rotary engines, duh. That "shitty" i6 engine (rb26dett) makes your lt1 look like an abortion, a big underachieving engine that stayed above the curve until several turbo six-powered cars made it look obsolete; and i'm talking about the vettes. no "braggin up", cletus. love the optispark.

there's a **** load of fast lt1 cars, as well as a **** load of modified fast cars from every ******* company except a few(and that's changing).

as far as what belongs in jap land..isn't the designer of the new sucessful and actually powerful mustang a vietnamese man? OOPS. powerdrill that into your brain please.

you're the type of person who lives with his ears and eyes covered afraid of reality. like an inbred agent smith attached to the censored and shackled patter of the past; and frightened of things you can't understand.

that whole import vs domestics bubble blew up a couple of years ago, you seem like the fanboy/cheerleader in a empty stadium. any TRUE CAR PERSON has their preference but is not blindfolded.
hehehe
Old 06-23-2006 | 11:42 PM
Launching!

And yes Miatas too !!! www.ls1miata.net.gallery
Now it is a ls6 383......page 16

Miatas
Old 06-23-2006 | 11:52 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by turbotacoma
And yes Miatas too !!! www.ls1miata.net.gallery
Now it is a ls6 383......page 16

Miatas