Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

LS1 powered RX7

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 01:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by _Zac
Must be a good running stroker/nitrous LT1..
I had MSD wires......
Old 06-10-2006, 01:42 PM
TECH Addict

http://chronictel.net/videos/misc/visionboy/night.wmv

I don't know I've never seen an 11 second Lt1...

Seriously..
Roll racing is lame and almost completely pointless. You do that with friends just to **** around.

Why not run a real race from a dig?
Old 06-10-2006, 02:42 PM
8 Second Club

Those are supras.. You think they are going to race a solid axle cobra from a dig that can beat them from a roll?

_Zac
Old 06-10-2006, 03:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Cheatin' Chad
Roll racing is lame and almost completely pointless. You do that with friends just to **** around.

http://www.indyhpmedia.com/index.php...iperPwnage.wmv
Old 06-10-2006, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by GrahamHill
Your right that an LT1 wont handle half the power capabilities as the 2JZ engines we see on the internet and on dyno pulls.

But who cares? Stock cars are for dirt track racing.

"Stock" is just a good place to start.
why is it so special if you have to completely rebuild the entire car to run the same times as a car designed solely for road racing does on stock parts?
Old 06-10-2006, 03:23 PM
Banned

If thats the one I'm thinking of that video kicks *** Its a Supra Vs. Viper right?
Old 06-10-2006, 03:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Iroc313
If thats the one I'm thinking of that video kicks *** Its a Supra Vs. Viper right?
yup yup, cocky viper guy - 2001 GTS a lot of mods + 250 shot

gets smoked on the highway AND from a dead stop.
Old 06-10-2006, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

dig racing shows who gets better traction. i would rather see whose car is faster.

plus some people would rather drive their car everyday so they cant set the car up to run from a dig (big stalled auto, mods that negatively effect handling ect) and they dont like seeing their cars up on jackstands every 2 weeks because of broken drivetrain parts.

i used to own the WORST roll racing car ever made (a TPI powered 3rd gen with a stalled auto) and i still prefered racing from a roll.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
dig racing shows who gets better traction. i would rather see whose car is faster.

plus some people would rather drive their car everyday so they cant set the car up to run from a dig (big stalled auto, mods that negatively effect handling ect) and they dont like seeing their cars up on jackstands every 2 weeks because of broken drivetrain parts.

i used to own the WORST roll racing car ever made (a TPI powered 3rd gen with a stalled auto) and i still prefered racing from a roll.
If you like to race from a roll that's great but the results of roll racing are next to pointless.With the haphazard 3honk starts and running til someone is just behind you gives no hard numbers. If people did it in a fashion that they could accurately time the races and there was a defined start/stop I would take it seriously.As it stands now it's closer to drifting than it is real racing.

Do you like seeing how FAST you are? Run the flying mile or standing mile. Traction is a difficult thing to get enough of. The point of racing is proving you can be competitive. Removing the start is in my opinion "lowering the bar".

A MAJOR part of finding out who is quicker and faster is racing from a stop to the end of a 1/4mile. That's what drag racing is based on.

I drove my car everyday with no serious compromise other than removing the front swaybar and using gummy tires in back. It could be put into handling mode in a short time. I had a 3500 converter and it was quite drivable. I drove it during the winter months in N.IL with that converter.Have you driven a car that had an aftermarket converter?

When running less than spectacular times (11's or slower) there is no reason for anyone to constantly break parts. It's just as easy to bust parts when roadracing.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:48 PM
TECH Addict

I've seen the video and it's a botched attempt at a real race. The Supra is making sick power but the owner can't get it to the ground. what good is it then? If he raced a car that could hook 80% of the power the Supra is making the Supra would go down.

I can tell you that if an 800whp Supra that hooked like that drag raced Juggers camaro when he was making 450whp I'd bet on Jugger.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Those are supras.. You think they are going to race a solid axle cobra from a dig that can beat them from a roll?

_Zac
Now if you put a solid axle into a Cobra it becomes a whole new monster. They can finally start putting all of the power they make to the ground reliably.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey im only the 12 second club... So you want to bring some 11 second cars here I could run? Come on now that could be from two years ago people are always changing their setups... I was in the 12 sec club on my old motor and it was on a crappy street tire so I did a 12.4 @ 122mph.

I have a friend that just completed his ls1 rx7-fd swap and it weighs 2800lbs(touring model) is stock right now and beats 02 zo6s without a problem. He now has bought heads/cam and other heads/cam rx7 ls1 cars are running mid to high 10s. I am a domestic car guy but that combo is one of the best track cars(not drag strip) you could make hands down
Old 06-11-2006, 05:28 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by Mr Powell

_Zac
Old 06-11-2006, 06:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd

the bottom end record for a 2jz i believe is over 1200rwhp. the record for the fastest STREET DRIVEN supra is in the 8s at i *THINK* 170mph. BTW that was done on a completely stock getrag 6 speed manual and completely stock TT supra rear end. something NO 82+ fbody has ever done nor will ever do.

I do believe ( dont quote me on it) , that the worlds fastest street supra was running a GM 2spd Powerglide trans
Old 06-12-2006, 01:40 AM
TECH Pimp

Now if you put a solid axle into a Cobra it becomes a whole new monster. They can finally start putting all of the power they make to the ground reliably.
Not to mention the weight benifits.. Lets just say austin still doesn't know why the stock looking cobra was rolling up everything in sight.

Originally Posted by blck89rs
I do believe ( dont quote me on it) , that the worlds fastest street supra was running a GM 2spd Powerglide trans
Is this car white and from Chi town?
Old 06-12-2006, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blck89rs
Yep I thought so too. It is the white one. I think the owner has Marko somewhere in his name.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea his name is Marko and the supra is Fing fast
Old 06-13-2006, 10:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sgt. Spuds
**** you and your import loving friends, Why would you come on a forum such as ls1tech, and brag up imports, who gives a **** if they are more expensive than a 10 year old f-body, you must not know TOO much about them as you said "probably has more value"

And lets not talk about "potential", if you would get your head out of your *** you could look around and see that there are a **** load of fast lt1 cars (mine definitely isn't one of them, but if I wanted it to be, it would). And **** your LT1 bashing, the lt1 is a great motor, and at one time the ltx series motors were, just like the lsx series now, GM's latest and greatest, in 5 years when the lsx series is no longer billy bad ***, and has been set aside for something better, will you come down on the ls1 guys with the same condencending remarks as you do to the lt1 owners now?

Go back to the nismo forums buddy [/thread]

Because your car is so fast? You sound like a red neck sister ******, get a brain open a book and learn somthing dumbass.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most supra pwners are switching over to GMTH400s some have power glides, alot of people are ditching 6speeds and going with a GM trans, thats really what makes the cars fast.

Ill put money up on the street a TH400/GM tranny supra will wack any 6speed supra, there is just way to much driver error to get a 6speed to hook and put down a fast time.

Yes there is antilag, and all that other **** but a TH400 makes everything so much easyer and a supra no longer is a Dyno qeen, they actally put down fast times.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:58 PM
Launching!

around where i live, theres a plenty of civics thatll hand me my ***
but this has been beaten to deat, and sgt spuds, just cause you have a v8 doesnt mean youre invincible against every jap car

and yes ls1 in a fd is whatsup. theres also a company with a ls1ina bmw kit

these motors are gettin everything nowa days