Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

LS1 powered RX7

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 05:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MAN! You don't have to force things down peoples throats. If he doesn't like imports you're probably not going to convince him by being shitty in a few posts. If he doesn't like imports why the **** do you guys care? IF you think he's a twit rock on. Now we have all got up in this post to bitch and fight for no good reason. Yes, I know I am not making things any better

Originally Posted by _Zac
Dude you drive an LT1 I'm not sure you have the clout to make fun of anything.
You drive a convertible Cobra which doesn't exactly makle you king kong either.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mahhddgtp
If by POS, you mean a motor that'll be making more power on its stock bottom end than your motor ever will.... Yes.... that POS...
The stock bottom end of a Toyota inline 6 is stout but a built LT1 COULD handle upwards of 1,000hp if built properly.Before you speak it's innards are very similar to a GENI SBC which anyone that reads a car mag has seen done.Hell John Meaney daily drives a 'Vette with a 1,000+HP SBC. The 2jz stock bottom end isn't that tough.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:31 PM
TECH Addict

<Warning> If you own a LT1 you probably shouldn't read the following without a good sense of humor.

First off just to be clear I'm not his friend we are just allied in the fact that you are a retard. Secondly, There is a reason people hate the LT1. Let me drop you a few subtle hints. For starters it's a heavy unreliable boat anchor of a motor that long out lived it's use. Yes it has it's up sides like the fact you can run small block heads, but that doesn't help you much when you find out that the heads are so expensive you might as well of got a small block and skipped all the bs that comes with the LT1 all together. Which brings me to my main point, the OPTISPARK. I went ahead and wrote it in bold so you don't miss it like you have missed the obvious potential of the supra 2JGTE engine. What can be said about optispark that hasn't already been said about Adolph Hitler? In fact I'd venture to say it's almost as worthless as your opinion.

And? There are FASTER imports get over it...

We know we read all about the mad hp mods in your sig.

Doubtful, see the LSX motors are already going faster than the LT1 cars and with less time for R and D. Why? because no one wants to change an optispark everytime their car makes a pass.

They wouldn't be so blind with ignorance.

_Zac
Really the OPTISPAK isn't that bad and neither is the LT1.The optispark was no good but not a deal breaker. Besides you can bypass it by using a crank trigger if you're serious enough.
In my opinion the problem with the LT1 is that people gave up on it/never REALLY worked it out. It was introduced in what? '92 or '93 and was done by '97? That's too short a lifespan for the aftermarket to really work it out. It's not that different from a GENI SBC which last time I checked has won more races than any other engine IN THE WORLD.

That being said I prefer the LS1 mostly for ease of modification.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:37 PM
TECH Addict

In summary:

FD RX7+GENIII/IV = Very Cool.

Rotaries sound like ****.

I think the original I6 into a 'stang comment was about a RB26 put into a mustang for F&F Tokyo Drift.

Rotaries sound like ****.

People who don't know engines automatically assume the LT1 is garbage

Yes, I know I made multiple posts to get my point across.I did this because I am lazy.

'03/'04 Cobras are in my opinion "The American Supra".They can make 600whp and run high 11's or 800whp and run mid 11's.

and finally: rotaries sound like ****.

Thanks!
Old 06-09-2006, 06:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cheatin' Chad
The stock bottom end of a Toyota inline 6 is stout but a built LT1 COULD handle upwards of 1,000hp if built properly.Before you speak it's innards are very similar to a GENI SBC which anyone that reads a car mag has seen done.Hell John Meaney daily drives a 'Vette with a 1,000+HP SBC. The 2jz stock bottom end isn't that tough.
I was talking about his motor specifically.. He obviously doesn't have a ******* clue that there are other cars out there that can make power and beat his almighty V8. But okay. Thanks for the input.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:40 PM
TECH Pimp

In summary:

People who work on engines automatically assume the LT1 is garbage

'03/'04 Cobras are in my opinion "The American Supra".They can make 600whp and run high 10s on drag radials or 800whp and run mid 9's.

and finally: rotaries sound like ****.

Thanks!
Went ahead and fixed a few things for ya..
Old 06-09-2006, 06:45 PM
TECH Pimp

MAN! You don't have to force things down peoples throats. If he doesn't like imports you're probably not going to convince him by being shitty in a few posts. If he doesn't like imports why the **** do you guys care? IF you think he's a twit rock on. Now we have all got up in this post to bitch and fight for no good reason. Yes, I know I am not making things any better

You drive a convertible Cobra which doesn't exactly makle you king kong either.
Did you miss the sense of humor part, or do you just not have one to utilize in a situation like this?

PS chad what do YOU drive?
Old 06-09-2006, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Something in the 11 second club.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:51 PM
TECH Pimp

Must be a good running stroker/nitrous LT1..

Last edited by _Zac; 06-09-2006 at 06:59 PM.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:58 PM
TECH Pimp

https://ls1tech.com/forums/midwestern-members/432601-25-fastest-lsx-s-illinois.html

Cheatin chad: 11.7 @ 116..

That my friends is cookin..
Old 06-09-2006, 07:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=432601

So im just going to assume your running faster?.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:57 PM
TECH Pimp

http://chronictel.net/videos/misc/visionboy/night.wmv

I don't know I've never seen an 11 second Lt1...

Seriously..
Old 06-09-2006, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Seriously..
Not to be an *** or anything and dont get me wrong. Ive seen the video before and we all know Supras are highway cars. Your car seems to be fast but the question still remains. Just to be clear, there are Plenty of 11 sec, 10 sec and so on LT1's. Just b/c you never seen it doesnt mean there not out there.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:05 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seriously..
First off I'll say your car is faster than mine, but you talk a lot of **** for someone who lost every single race in the video you posted trying to make your car look fast.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Johns car displaces 427 cubic inches. a 2jz displaces less than 300 cubic inches. a 2jz has internals that will support an easy 700-1000rwhp. some choose to upgrade some do not. a close personal friend of mine has a single turbo supra that has ran 10.04@140mph in COMPLETE street form EXACTLY as he drove it almost every day. to my knowledge a full weight (supra is full weight PLUS a nice stereo in the back) lt1 camaro (which BTW has a bigger engine, better drag racing suspension AND weighs less by a couple hundred pounds) has NEVER done that.

the lt1 internals ARE the same as the Gen i SBC. as evident by the fact that the 92 25th Anniv. Edition RS Camaro was going to have a built 350 Gen 1 SBC with lt1 internals straight from GM.

the bottom end record for a 2jz i believe is over 1200rwhp. the record for the fastest STREET DRIVEN supra is in the 8s at i *THINK* 170mph. BTW that was done on a completely stock getrag 6 speed manual and completely stock TT supra rear end. something NO 82+ fbody has ever done nor will ever do.

do fbodies suck? nope, ive loved all the ones ive owned and love my current 94 Z28 (that i will NOT be putting an LT1 into, cuz i actually want to go fast). However, i do realise that in every possible way (except for price for initial purchase) the MKIV supra is better.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:02 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
First off I'll say your car is faster than mine, but you talk a lot of **** for someone who lost every single race in the video you posted trying to make your car look fast.
Here comes the LT1 nutrider club..

The silver Cobra is a stroker car and he got the move every run cause he had no horn to honk. Besides that I'd say I only really lost one race that whole night and that was to the red single turbo car that got a car and the move and shut down at 130. Race was over I couldn't catch him.

Other then that I guess you and I are watching two different videos..
Old 06-10-2006, 12:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
Johns car displaces 427 cubic inches. a 2jz displaces less than 300 cubic inches. a 2jz has internals that will support an easy 700-1000rwhp. some choose to upgrade some do not. a close personal friend of mine has a single turbo supra that has ran 10.04@140mph in COMPLETE street form EXACTLY as he drove it almost every day. to my knowledge a full weight (supra is full weight PLUS a nice stereo in the back) lt1 camaro (which BTW has a bigger engine, better drag racing suspension AND weighs less by a couple hundred pounds) has NEVER done that.

the lt1 internals ARE the same as the Gen i SBC. as evident by the fact that the 92 25th Anniv. Edition RS Camaro was going to have a built 350 Gen 1 SBC with lt1 internals straight from GM.

the bottom end record for a 2jz i believe is over 1200rwhp. the record for the fastest STREET DRIVEN supra is in the 8s at i *THINK* 170mph. BTW that was done on a completely stock getrag 6 speed manual and completely stock TT supra rear end. something NO 82+ fbody has ever done nor will ever do.

do fbodies suck? nope, ive loved all the ones ive owned and love my current 94 Z28 (that i will NOT be putting an LT1 into, cuz i actually want to go fast). However, i do realise that in every possible way (except for price for initial purchase) the MKIV supra is better.

Your right that an LT1 wont handle half the power capabilities as the 2JZ engines we see on the internet and on dyno pulls.

But who cares? Stock cars are for dirt track racing.

"Stock" is just a good place to start.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:20 PM
TECH Addict

Did you miss the sense of humor part, or do you just not have one to utilize in a situation like this?

PS chad what do YOU drive?
Nah, my sense of humor is acceptable at times. I wasn't terribly serious about what I typed. These threads to me are amusement during downtime.

I did have a 1998 Trans Am

I am now part owner of this: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...highlight=Chad

That will run 11s too

Last edited by Cheatin' Chad; 06-10-2006 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd

The CID argument means nothing to me. If you wanna throw that out I'll toss out that the SBC John is running less boost. IF you pick an engine with small cubes you have to deal with it. I picked an engine that uses two valves per cylinder. This is a disadvantage at certain poer levels when compared to a multivalve head.

Marco (white supra) ran mid 8's at my home track last year. He was definitely NOT using a 6speed when he did this. Who ran 8's with a STOCK getrag 6speed?! I find a stock getrag handling that power in a heavy *** Supra hard to believe. If you prove it I'd be impressed.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:31 PM
TECH Addict

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=432601

If you have a "quick" '03 Cobra bring it to Chicago area for some street work. You could make some money . There certainly aren't alot of quick ones here. There are a few that move out w/authority but not many.

The ones that have rolled out onto the street in Chicago when I was there were afraid to race a 5500lb truck on 22's that I built. Actually, that truck whacked an '03 Cobra that was boosted up and on the gun.The few Cobra's I tried to race with my T/A either flat-out wouldn't race me or begged for 6+ spots.

Since I am no longer street racing that car I'll say:That car was used for street racing. If people go on the internet and see that you only run an 11.7 they tend to think they can win.
The reality is you can knock more than half a second off that time and you'd be closer to what I really did.