Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Looking for the pic of about 30 fbody cars in scaring the Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 01:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 98 Raptor TA
I get tired of hearing people say stock for stock the Cobra's faster, well, it has a supercharger stock! put a supercharger on a stock LS1 and it would spank the **** out of the Cobra. Face it, Cobra's are pieces of **** that are only fast cause they come stock with a s/c.
Thats pretty ignorant. Stock for stock a Cobra is faster than any LS1 F-body if driven properly. Simple. So what if they have S/C's, be happy that its still a relatively close race with an LS1 F-body and a S/C Cobra, you should feel good about that. The fact is our cars didnt come with a supercharger, you could 'if and but' all day. Um.. the Cobra's interiors are alot nicer than ours, any motor that can support 600rwhp with a stock bottom end and last 40k is no piece. They look sick and bite as bad as they bark. Seems you may be sore to losing to one.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00firebird
can we quit all the bench racing ? not even bench racing.. you know nothing about any of the cars!
Actually, YOU couldn't be MORE wrong!

The man that you're quoting, Red01SS, is a member of that same club that I spoke of in my last post. I have met him personally a couple times. He does in fact know quite a bit about each one of those F-bodies pictured, probably because they all live in our area and have monthly meets together! Also, he knows the Cobra driver (also a local guy and friends with many of us in the F-body club) and knows what the Cobra has done. From what I know, that is "03 Steve's" Cobra, which would beat most F-bodies on this entire board!

So when he says that "That particular Cobra would have owned every F-body there".... guess what? He's right!
Old 07-04-2006, 04:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00firebird
can we quit all the bench racing ? not even bench racing.. you know nothing about any of the cars!
Could you please remove your head from your *** before you speak. I know every single 1 of those cars including the Cobra but PLEASE.....if you think you know more about it than me procede

Oh yes, thanks Scott
Old 07-04-2006, 08:18 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You're obviously ignorant. What i'm saying is, you cant compare a supercharged Cobra to a LS1 because the LS1 is N/A. Plenty of crappy motors could beat a good N/A motor if you added a supercharger to them. Thats the point i'm tryin to make. Without the S/C the Cobra would be nothing, why do you think the non-supercharged cobra's get spanked by stock f-bodies non stop. Yes the LS1 is a bigger engine, but bigger cant always beat the smaller engine if they aren't both N/A
No, it's you sir who is the ignorant one.

Ford and GM chose to make power differently. That's the bottom line.
The LS1 is a big cube, high compression naturally asiprated motor.
The Cobra motor is a low compression blower motor.

An '03 cobra motor makes about 310rwhp N/A with 8.5:1 CR. Bump up the
compression to 10.5:1 or 11:1 and you're going to see a 281cid motor
make more power N/A than a LS1.

Cobra's are pieces of **** that are only fast cause they come stock with a s/c.
Moron please.

put a supercharger on a stock LS1 and it would spank the **** out of the Cobra.
Ok...put a superchager on a stock LS1. Guess what...I'll *** whoop it.
Ok...put a turbo on a stock LS1. Guess what...I'll *** whoop
that too.

Who was the one that made the stupid *** comment about needing
4 cams, 32 valves, and a blower to beat a LS1? You're kidding right?
How about a Mach 1 which is just a little old N/A 281cid motor?
Your big bad 346 LS1 takes a fair share of beatings from them.

Lots of idiots in this world. It really is a shame.

Last edited by unit213; 07-04-2006 at 08:26 AM.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

It's not always what your drivin it's how you drive it. You get someone in a cobra that can't drive for **** and an experianced driver in a T/A, the T/A will win. Ya gotta know when to shift to hit that all so pretty sweet spot in your power band. If you miss a shift, you lose. That's all there is to it. I've won races cause the guy i went up against didn't know to properly utilize all the power he had at his disposal.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:42 AM
Launching!

Honestly. I'd take a Cobra or even a Mach 1 over an LS1...basically cause after owning one F-body and knowing what trouble I have had (and the bullshit I get..but that has to deal with me NOT racing it, and having the pile of **** known as the LT1)..I will never own another, and how my Ford gives me no bullshit. It actually is the better ride.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by unit213
No, it's you sir who is the ignorant one.

Ford and GM chose to make power differently. That's the bottom line.
The LS1 is a big cube, high compression naturally asiprated motor.
The Cobra motor is a low compression blower motor.

An '03 cobra motor makes about 310rwhp N/A with 8.5:1 CR. Bump up the
compression to 10.5:1 or 11:1 and you're going to see a 281cid motor
make more power N/A than a LS1.

god there must be a bunch of stang lovers on this site. Since everyone seems to be backing the cobra i'm saying one more thing, then i'm done on this subject. The Cobra has 4 cams, and 32 valves and still needs a S/C to beat a LS1, and it doesn't even beat one by that much, that to me is sad. Yes if you upped the compression in a Cobra it would probably still be fast, but Ford didn't, If they did, and the Cobra could beat LS1's all day N/A, then i'd actually show it some respect. But i HATE mustangs so you must understand my opinion is very biased. I dont wanna argue with people here, it's pointless, i gave my opinion, if you agree, cool, if not, that's fine too, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Last edited by 98 Raptor TA; 07-04-2006 at 10:35 AM.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

god there must be a bunch of stang lovers on this site. Since everyone seems to be backing the cobra i'm saying one more thing, then i'm done on this subject. The Cobra has 4 cams, and 32 valves and still needs a S/C to beat a LS1, and it doesn't even beat one by that much, that to me is sad. Yes if you upped the compression in a Cobra it would probably still be fast, but Ford didn't, If they did, and the Cobra could beat LS1's all day N/A, then i'd actually show it some respect. But i HATE mustangs so you must understand my opinion is very biased. I dont wanna argue with people here, it's pointless, i gave my opinion, if you agree, cool, if not, that's fine too, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
having your own opinions is one thing but calling names and blasting a car because of your biasedness is another. you contradict yourself in taht post is pretty much all im going to say.

another is i dont understand the outright hatred for a car (any make and model) because of the name or the company that made it...
Old 07-04-2006, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Intelligence is quite easy to spot. The alternative is even easier.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
having your own opinions is one thing but calling names and blasting a car because of your biasedness is another. you contradict yourself in taht post is pretty much all im going to say.

another is i dont understand the outright hatred for a car (any make and model) because of the name or the company that made it...
I dont feel i contradicted myself, but yeah, i shouldn't have called the Cobra a piece of ****, cause it's not, just compared to an LS1 i dont think it's that great. And the reason i hate them isn't just because they're Fords, i hate them because to me the body lines are very ugly. I dont like any of the Mustangs, except maybe the old 60's stangs and the 05+ since they look like the old stangs. Those actually look decent.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 07-04-2006, 11:20 AM
Restricted User

That Cobra would actually destroy the majority of the those F-bodies, but the guy who owned it at the time couldn't drive for ****. Hell, he still can't drive for ****. Anyway, he ended up putting an automatic and solid rear end in the car, and STILL couldn't net decent track times. The car made power, but it was slow due to driver error. The guy now drives a 14 second Saleen Mustang.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wasnt that a a big blower cobra, in the pic ive pretty sure its a very fast cobra.

Pat when are you going to start modding your junk? Get a Lid at least!
Old 07-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by slick1851
Wasnt that a a big blower cobra, in the pic ive pretty sure its a very fast cobra.
It was a big blower and nitrous car at one point.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:50 PM
On The Tree

"Smug" is easy to spot, too.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DSteck
That Cobra would actually destroy the majority of the those F-bodies, but the guy who owned it at the time couldn't drive for ****. Hell, he still can't drive for ****. Anyway, he ended up putting an automatic and solid rear end in the car, and STILL couldn't net decent track times. The car made power, but it was slow due to driver error. The guy now drives a 14 second Saleen Mustang.
Thank you DSteck, I rest my case
Old 07-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by SSCam99
"Smug" is easy to spot, too.
Was I that obvious? Damn it...and I was trying to be so sneaky.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:25 PM
Teching In

You're obviously ignorant. What i'm saying is, you cant compare a supercharged Cobra to a LS1 because the LS1 is N/A. Plenty of crappy motors could beat a good N/A motor if you added a supercharger to them. Thats the point i'm tryin to make. Without the S/C the Cobra would be nothing, why do you think the non-supercharged cobra's get spanked by stock f-bodies non stop. Yes the LS1 is a bigger engine, but bigger cant always beat the smaller engine if they aren't both N/A

last time I checked the COBRA R was N/A and produced 385 HP Sure they only made like 300 but hey I guess that killed your N/A cobra theory.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:38 PM
TECH Regular

How about a Mach 1 which is just a little old N/A 281cid motor?
I am not tryin to start anything but I have spanked every stock mach 1 I have raced and my car is relativly stock (air lid and exhaust) I make 325 at the wheels which is close to stock
Old 07-05-2006, 05:47 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ssman00
I am not tryin to start anything but I have spanked every stock mach 1 I have raced and my car is relativly stock (air lid and exhaust) I make 325 at the wheels which is close to stock
Close to stock is not stock. I picked up 6 tenths with a catback and a lid.

Quick Reply: Looking for the pic of about 30 fbody cars in scaring the Cobra