Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Looking for the pic of about 30 fbody cars in scaring the Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006 | 08:14 AM
11 Second Club

From: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work

Originally Posted by 69mach
last time I checked the COBRA R was N/A and produced 385 HP Sure they only made like 300 but hey I guess that killed your N/A cobra theory.

But remember the Cobra R had the 5.4 in it and the compression ratio was 9.6:1. It is a totally different motor. I do understand what you are trying to say though
Old 07-05-2006 | 08:43 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by unit213
No, it's you sir who is the ignorant one.

Ford and GM chose to make power differently. That's the bottom line.
The LS1 is a big cube, high compression naturally asiprated motor.
The Cobra motor is a low compression blower motor.

An '03 cobra motor makes about 310rwhp N/A with 8.5:1 CR. Bump up the
compression to 10.5:1 or 11:1 and you're going to see a 281cid motor
make more power N/A than a LS1.

Moron please.

Ok...put a superchager on a stock LS1. Guess what...I'll *** whoop it.
Ok...put a turbo on a stock LS1. Guess what...I'll *** whoop
that too.

Who was the one that made the stupid *** comment about needing
4 cams, 32 valves, and a blower to beat a LS1? You're kidding right?
How about a Mach 1 which is just a little old N/A 281cid motor?
Your big bad 346 LS1 takes a fair share of beatings from them.

Lots of idiots in this world. It really is a shame.
Unit, thank you for coming in here and laying it down. My head was about to explode with all the stupidity...
Old 07-05-2006 | 10:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Z28/2002
But remember the Cobra R had the 5.4 in it and the compression ratio was 9.6:1. It is a totally different motor. I do understand what you are trying to say though
True it is, a 385 HP 5.4L 9.6:1 compression ratio compared to 325 HP 5.7L engine 10.1:1 compression ratio . As unit stated earlier it's not that Ford cant make big HP out of a N/A engine its that they choose to make it in a different way. Also one thing, and I'm sure everyone will agree, SVT designed the cobra not only to be a good performance car but also a very easily modded car. They are probably the most mod friendly cars that I know....... just my .02 cents though.
Old 07-05-2006 | 02:55 PM
Launching!

True it is, a 385 HP 5.4L 9.6:1 compression ratio compared to 325 HP 5.7L engine 10.1:1 compression ratio . As unit stated earlier it's not that Ford cant make big HP out of a N/A engine its that they choose to make it in a different way. Also one thing, and I'm sure everyone will agree, SVT designed the cobra not only to be a good performance car but also a very easily modded car. They are probably the most mod friendly cars that I know....... just my .02 cents though.
The part about Ford doing it a different way, I think Ford uses the superchargers and all that to make high HP cause they want to keep the displacment down. Quick compare here, not saying one is better just some examples. The 03-04 Cobra made 390 HP with 4.6L and a supercharger, the 05 GTO made 400 with 6.0L normal aspirated. The GT500 thats coming out makes 500HP with 5.4L and the C6 Z06 makes around that with 7.0L. I just think Ford wants to keep the engine sizes down for some reason. Thats just my .02 cents.
Old 07-05-2006 | 05:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bdr_ws6
The part about Ford doing it a different way, I think Ford uses the superchargers and all that to make high HP cause they want to keep the displacment down. Quick compare here, not saying one is better just some examples. The 03-04 Cobra made 390 HP with 4.6L and a supercharger, the 05 GTO made 400 with 6.0L normal aspirated. The GT500 thats coming out makes 500HP with 5.4L and the C6 Z06 makes around that with 7.0L. I just think Ford wants to keep the engine sizes down for some reason. Thats just my .02 cents.
I agree..... wish to god they would grow some ***** and come out with a big displacement soon. They are expecting the "hurricane" engine out by 2008.
The Hurricane engine will reportedly displace 6.2 L and produce more than 425 hp (317 kW) and 425 ft·lbf (576 N·m). i believe but at first that will be just for the trucks but I believe they will fit that into a mustang in some way or fashion or even possibly a LIGHTNING
Old 07-05-2006 | 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

last time I checked the COBRA R was N/A and produced 385 HP Sure they only made like 300 but hey I guess that killed your N/A cobra theory.
That's 385 at the motor, not at the wheels, and Ford seems to over-rate the HP of some of their cars, so i dont believe that it puts down much more RWHP than an LS1, and even if it put down 20-40 more HP, think about how much more than a LS1 that Cobra R costs. Not worth it. I'm sure the LS1 could still beat it or hang with it stock, or with a lid and catback. So, i'm not impressed. The Cobra R is still a 32V also, and in my opinion not even close to as badass as a TA looks.
Old 07-05-2006 | 06:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 98 Raptor TA
That's 385 at the motor, not at the wheels, and Ford seems to over-rate the HP of some of their cars, so i dont believe that it puts down much more RWHP than an LS1, and even if it put down 20-40 more HP, think about how much more than a LS1 that Cobra R costs. Not worth it. I'm sure the LS1 could still beat it or hang with it stock, or with a lid and catback. So, i'm not impressed. The Cobra R is still a 32V also, and in my opinion not even close to as badass as a TA looks.
The Cobra R was a road racing special car. It wasn't made to go in the straight line alone, it was made to go left and right on a road course. It didn't have a/c, a radio or any of that. I think road racing cars are better than straight line cars cause thats what I like, road courses. I don't know about all this over rating thing. I seen a test on TV of the Cobra R, The C5 ZO6 and the Viper ACR, all road course specials and the Cobra R wasn't having trouble keeping up or sometimes doing better than those. I would take it over a T/A just cause I like the way it looks better (than the 98+ T/As) and its rare, only 300 made.

Thats just me, plus I own both a GM and a Ford and based on what I have been through with them, my next car will be a Ford, or a Chrysler 300C.
Old 07-05-2006 | 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The Cobra R was a road racing special car. It wasn't made to go in the straight line alone, it was made to go left and right on a road course. It didn't have a/c, a radio or any of that. I think road racing cars are better than straight line cars cause thats what I like, road courses. I don't know about all this over rating thing. I seen a test on TV of the Cobra R, The C5 ZO6 and the Viper ACR, all road course specials and the Cobra R wasn't having trouble keeping up or sometimes doing better than those. I would take it over a T/A just cause I like the way it looks better (than the 98+ T/As) and its rare, only 300 made.

Thats just me, plus I own both a GM and a Ford and based on what I have been through with them, my next car will be a Ford, or a Chrysler 300C.
I guess it really just comes down to what you like, personally i cant stand the way mustangs look, but some people love them, different people like different things. To me the mustangs (99's-04) look more like a family car than a muscle car. Now the 60's and the 05+ mustangs actually look pretty sweet which is hard for me to admit, cause i really hate stangs
Old 07-05-2006 | 06:50 PM
Launching!

Base model GTs in the 99-04s aren't the best in the world but I have seen some with some different hoods and bumbers and stuff that look pretty sweet. 67-70 are my favorite Mustangs.
Old 07-05-2006 | 06:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Base model GTs in the 99-04s aren't the best in the world but I have seen some with some different hoods and bumbers and stuff that look pretty sweet. 67-70 are my favorite Mustangs.
yeah, any car with a bunch of body mods can end up looking nice, but the TA's look sooo badass, right out of the box. especially the ram airs. But i understand what you're trying to say. Also i remember you saying you had more trouble out of your TA than your Ford, but keep in mind, you have a LT1 and they have way more problems than the LS1's. I had a LT1 TA before i got the LS1 i have now. LT1's weren't GM's best motor, that's for sure. The opti was the main screw up they made on the LT1's.
Old 07-05-2006 | 06:59 PM
Launching!

Cool. Only problem I have is everyone likes T/As like yours, and I have the LT1.
Old 07-05-2006 | 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Only problem I have is everyone likes T/As like yours, and I have the LT1.
I know exactly what you mean, all i heard from people when i had my LT1 TA was "you need to put the new front end on your car" lol
Old 07-05-2006 | 07:56 PM
TECH Resident

I'd take a Cobra over an LS1 F-body, but I'd take an LS1 over a Mach 1.

Some of you guys are just too much of a fanboy. Seriously. How can you not have respect for an 03/04 Cobra?
Old 07-05-2006 | 08:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98 Raptor TA
I was making a point about the post before about how FORD has to have a S/C to make power, when this car, N/A 5.4L car runing in the 12's in a 1/4 mile. Im pretty sure this car has the HP they state since the numbers seem to match up. Im pretty sure 99.8% of people, not including you, would take this car over a T/A not b/c its a ford b/c its a rare car, hell you could sell it in a couple years and buy you a Z06 w/ no prob from the profit you'll make.
Old 07-05-2006 | 08:32 PM
TECH Resident

so many of these posts are stupid. I dont think an ls1 is any better than an 03 cobra or an 01 or a mach 1, hell what is it exactly that really makes someone say its better anyway? We can go on and on saying if this car had this, if that car came with this, then it would be faster.. Well if ls1s were really 500cu blower motors then someone would say well wait till ford puts out the 600cu twin turbo motor in the 2015 cobra speedster. im exaggerating. everyone knows theyre both good engines, everyone knows they both make good power and everyone knows theres ls1s and cobras that dyno at 350rwhp and 900 rwhp.. But the fact alone that you can put an intake on an 03 cobra and gain 35rwhp is amazing. add a catback pulley tune maybe headers and youre looking at a lot of ls1 *** whooping power. So take an ls1 and add a cam and heads or a shot and youre kicking cobras asses. Some people are so thick headed. so heres my final state ment. 96 mustang gts suck. goodnight
Old 07-05-2006 | 09:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by carado1984
so many of these posts are stupid. I dont think an ls1 is any better than an 03 cobra or an 01 or a mach 1, hell what is it exactly that really makes someone say its better anyway? We can go on and on saying if this car had this, if that car came with this, then it would be faster.. Well if ls1s were really 500cu blower motors then someone would say well wait till ford puts out the 600cu twin turbo motor in the 2015 cobra speedster. im exaggerating. everyone knows theyre both good engines, everyone knows they both make good power and everyone knows theres ls1s and cobras that dyno at 350rwhp and 900 rwhp.. But the fact alone that you can put an intake on an 03 cobra and gain 35rwhp is amazing. add a catback pulley tune maybe headers and youre looking at a lot of ls1 *** whooping power. So take an ls1 and add a cam and heads or a shot and youre kicking cobras asses. Some people are so thick headed. so heres my final state ment. 96 mustang gts suck. goodnight
Old 07-06-2006 | 07:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Fox bodys were the faster of the cars, I had older hotrod mags from my dad with shootouts.

Most of the cars were modded and the ford guys had a edge on the 3rd gens......

This is pointless info but since there is so much **** in this thread, I fig ill through more in the mix.

Mach 1s are fast to many people think they are reg GTs with a hood and graphics...
Old 07-13-2006 | 09:32 PM
9 Second Club

This has to be the dumbest ******* thread I've ever read on here... that picture was from our local STL fbody club and that Cobra is/was ridiculously fast. It was Steve's car and had a few different setups over the years. The whole Cobra/Fbody argument is ridiculous b/c all it is, is a bunch of opinions. Who gives a ****. I hate the Cobra as much as anyone but it does run "ok" in stock form and is easily modded. The same can be said for the LS1 fbodies. Its 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.... I do agree though... it takes Ford 32 valves, 4 cams, and a blower to even compete with the LS1's 1955 OHV/pushrod technology. No one can argue that... Ford makes it very complicated, GM does not. I know I'd much rather work on a LS1 anyday over a complicated DOHC 4.6...
Old 07-13-2006 | 10:48 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by GTA91
This has to be the dumbest ******* thread I've ever read on here... that picture was from our local STL fbody club and that Cobra is/was ridiculously fast. It was Steve's car and had a few different setups over the years. The whole Cobra/Fbody argument is ridiculous b/c all it is, is a bunch of opinions. Who gives a ****. I hate the Cobra as much as anyone but it does run "ok" in stock form and is easily modded. The same can be said for the LS1 fbodies. Its 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.... I do agree though... it takes Ford 32 valves, 4 cams, and a blower to even compete with the LS1's 1955 OHV/pushrod technology. No one can argue that... Ford makes it very complicated, GM does not. I know I'd much rather work on a LS1 anyday over a complicated DOHC 4.6...

this thread is retarded.
Old 07-14-2006 | 12:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Bunch of fan boys and bench racers in here.

It takes a supercharger to beat an LS1? So whats your point. Run what you brung.... leave the ricer and fan boy excuses at home.

I happen to dislike cobras, but I still can appreciate the fact that Ford put out a car that would run down all LS1 equipped cars.

Can we get a lock in here unit? the original request has been filled.

Quick Reply: Looking for the pic of about 30 fbody cars in scaring the Cobra