Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Sad day - Steve Irwin (Crocodile Hunter) killed

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 12:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have been seriously effected by the death of Steve Irwin. I have barely been able to sleep and eat, and as childish and bad as it sounds, i have been in tears everytime i see an article or story about it on the news or online. He was kind of like a father figure to me, even though i never met him and it sucks. I havent been this upset about a celebrities death ever. It feels more like a family member has died.

Ever Since i was little i was always into dinosaurs and always the creepy crawlies. When his show aired in the mid 90's i was no older the around 10-12 years old. He opened a broad new spectrum to animals and conversation to me. Ever since then, i have been more into reptiles and other animals then i have ever. Steve and I live similar lives, my parents were animal rehabbers, and i was always out in the wilderness, but here in Illinois, there isnt nearly as much that can kill you.

ANyways, the passing of Steve Irwin is a complete tragedy in the zoological community, he has done SOOO much for conservation and protection, that it will be hard to go on with out him. I just hope his wife Terri, daughter Bindi, and little baby boy Bob, while now fatherless and husbandless, know that their father was one of the greatest, most genuine, and an all around "Top Bloke" and that he will never be missed. I always said that one day i will make it to Australia, and i said i would meet him and volunteer at his zoo. Unfortunately i will not get that chance now, but i will do everything i can to help the zoo and his family in any way i can.

But lets not mourn Steves death, lets celebrate his wonderful and exciting life, and let not forget what all he has done for everyone..

GOD BLESS YOU STEVE..MAY YOU REST IN PEACE

This ones for you buddy cheers: Hope your having fun wrangling all the critter up there in heaven..

Steve Irwin 1962-2006
Old 09-06-2006, 01:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SAM98WS6
Cool...you sit down and explain that to his two little kids..
i guess the same can be said for ANYONE who gets behind the wheel of a racecar, goes out in the woods hunting deer, hops in their airplane, flies a kite, or does ANYTHING else that they enjoy to do, accidents happen, whether you're typing on a keyboard or swimming with sting rays... If you were given a scenario and one of them would lead to your death and the choiceswere fighting a crocodile, playing with venemous snakes, or swimming with sting rays, which would would you say would be more LIKELY to be cause your death? definitely one of the first two... I'll give a good example, how many of us when someone is pulling a truck around the house or something will just casually run and jump in the back of it, a lot of us, one of my friends in high school did that and was sitting on the tool box as his dad was pulling around the house at and estimated 5-10mph, they hit a hole/root or something, the truck rocked, my friend slid on the tool box lost his balanced fell out and broke his neck, killing him... that was a freak accident we all can say "that is what you get for riding in the back of a truck" but no one EXPECTED it to happen, hell i've done the SAME EXACT thing probably a hundred times in my life time, you just don't think about accidents like that happening until its too late, the same can be said about Steve Irwin's death, i'm sure he has often thought about himself possibly being killed while filming one of his shows, if you would have told him it would have been a stingray, he probably would have laughed in your face...

the way I see it the guy doing what he loved, its like the people i have known who have been killed on motorcycles, a lot of people think that riding one is just plain stupid, but for the people who do it, you couldn't replace it with anything else, in fact one of my friends who passed away on one a few months ago(got hit by a 78 year old man who failed to yield to traffic) used to always say "if I die riding, you can say I was happy when I died"... I think the same can be said for Steve Irwin...
Old 09-06-2006, 01:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JacobK
i have been seriously effected by the death of Steve Irwin. I have barely been able to sleep and eat, and as childish and bad as it sounds, i have been in tears everytime i see an article or story about it on the news or online. He was kind of like a father figure to me, even though i never met him and it sucks. I havent been this upset about a celebrities death ever. It feels more like a family member has died.

Ever Since i was little i was always into dinosaurs and always the creepy crawlies. When his show aired in the mid 90's i was no older the around 10-12 years old. He opened a broad new spectrum to animals and conversation to me. Ever since then, i have been more into reptiles and other animals then i have ever. Steve and I live similar lives, my parents were animal rehabbers, and i was always out in the wilderness, but here in Illinois, there isnt nearly as much that can kill you.

ANyways, the passing of Steve Irwin is a complete tragedy in the zoological community, he has done SOOO much for conservation and protection, that it will be hard to go on with out him. I just hope his wife Terri, daughter Bindi, and little baby boy Bob, while now fatherless and husbandless, know that their father was one of the greatest, most genuine, and an all around "Top Bloke" and that he will never be missed. I always said that one day i will make it to Australia, and i said i would meet him and volunteer at his zoo. Unfortunately i will not get that chance now, but i will do everything i can to help the zoo and his family in any way i can.

But lets not mourn Steves death, lets celebrate his wonderful and exciting life, and let not forget what all he has done for everyone..

GOD BLESS YOU STEVE..MAY YOU REST IN PEACE

This ones for you buddy cheers: Hope your having fun wrangling all the critter up there in heaven..

Steve Irwin 1962-2006
I felt the same way when Earnhardt was killed, I was 15 years old and Earnhardt was MY michael Jordan, I idolized the guy, and when his wreck happened I didn't think much about it, turned the race off and went to mow my grandmother's yard, when I got their in my truck(she lived like 2 houses down and yeah I would drive there with no license) she told me my dad was on the phone, as soon as he told me, I broke down, it was like someone took my best friend, so I know exactly how it feels...
Old 09-06-2006, 01:43 AM
Teching In

RIP Steve. You were a legend mate. You will be sadly missed
Old 09-06-2006, 08:34 AM
Teching In

It feels allmost like a family member had died. I was just in complete shock an still kinda can't believe it. Steve did so many great things for animals, an the education of people. Few people will ever touch as many people or create such a positive impact in the world like he did. Least he died doing what he loved. Not many can say that.

RIP Steve the world will miss you.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Scotty-Z
It's weird, but his death upsets me more than any other celebrity/world-famous death ever has. Probably because he was such a genuinely nice guy with a true passion and was an extraordinary father. I still can't get over the fact that he's gone.

RIP Steve. You will be sorely missed by many around the world. May our thoughts and prayers be with your family.
Isnt that weird? Its crazy at the amount of sorrow I feel for him. I think it was his personality. He was just so nice. I also think that it was a simple stingray made it more shocking.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:40 AM
12 Second Club

I'm sorry but I just don't feel the way the rest of you do. I don't quite understand what exactly he "has done for the wildlife community". I've always thought his TV shows were silly and not at all educational. I never learned anything "new" about animals in general while watching one of his shows. Given, I'm not a 5 year old, I learned all kinds of neat things when I was five from watching reasonable shows like National Geographic. Shows that were filmed AWAY from harm and narrated with plenty of information and to me were interesting to watch. I guess I just don't understand why he felt the need to be holding a snake instead of filmng it for it to be educational. He always came off to me, as well as a lot of other people I know, as an idiot. The only thing I heard anyone say when I saw there reaction after hearing about his death was "A stingray? I always thought it would be a crocodile or snake." And then they would go on about their business. It shouldn't be a shock to anyone, as it was only a matter of time.

It's sad when any life is lost and I do feel for his family. I guess I just have trouble pittying him or his family to the extreme that the media and everyone else is, when everyone knew full well that this was going to happen eventually.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:03 AM
Staging Lane

crazy...that's fate or something. Only like 30 something people have ever died that way
Old 09-07-2006, 04:43 PM
Launching!

The good ones die young. This man had a heart like no one else. I love wildlife and all, but no one will love the animals and would have done soo much for them as much as he would have (or what he did). Some people just don't appreciate the creatures in our world, and one of his missions was to get people to open their eyes to the wildlife in this world, and how great every single creature is. I loved what he did for wildlife, and for the education of it as well. This is really the only celebrity death that has effected me cause he was a such a caring, nice man...and those kind are rare in the world today. It did shock me that he was killed too, even though he did mess with many dangerous creatures.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:54 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by COMNBYU
I'm sorry but I just don't feel the way the rest of you do. I don't quite understand what exactly he "has done for the wildlife community". I've always thought his TV shows were silly and not at all educational. I never learned anything "new" about animals in general while watching one of his shows. Given, I'm not a 5 year old, I learned all kinds of neat things when I was five from watching reasonable shows like National Geographic. Shows that were filmed AWAY from harm and narrated with plenty of information and to me were interesting to watch. I guess I just don't understand why he felt the need to be holding a snake instead of filmng it for it to be educational. He always came off to me, as well as a lot of other people I know, as an idiot. The only thing I heard anyone say when I saw there reaction after hearing about his death was "A stingray? I always thought it would be a crocodile or snake." And then they would go on about their business. It shouldn't be a shock to anyone, as it was only a matter of time.

It's sad when any life is lost and I do feel for his family. I guess I just have trouble pittying him or his family to the extreme that the media and everyone else is, when everyone knew full well that this was going to happen eventually.

well, i don't know anyone who is pittying him, or his family per say. i think it's just that because he's been doing it his whole life, and because everyone who was familiar with him from his show, his movie, and from many other shows been a guest on, that everyone knew that he was genuine, and not someone doing it for the money or a rep as a daredevil. that's not at all what he was, and i've seen old footage from way way before he was famous, doing the exact same thing, picking up deadly poisonous snakes, climbing on board a croc, and just touching everything he saw, if it was possible. he was very much childlike, and i saw no wrong in what he was doing simply because i knew it was out of love and curiosity of the creatures he was around, and because he had nothing but the best intentions. there should be no pitty for Steve. he lived his life the same way from start to finish, and nothing was scripted, and i do mean nothing. i heard one of his interviews as the movie was coming out, and he and his wife Terri had no script, but the rest of the cast did. the whole thing about the movie was to show Steve and Terri as they really are, at least around the animals.

the reason i personally am affected to the extent that i am, is because i imagine that if i could see his life from start to finish, that there is likely not 1 single day that i would not envy him for living it, and living it the way he did. now, i wouldn't want to get bit by anything, but i think that just kind of put him in check when it would happen, but it did not detour him from doing what he loved more than anything else. this is how he was raised btw, if you didn't already know. his parents started a small reptile zoo when Steve was very young, like pre-teen. then when he got older, and probably because his father was too old to run it, he took it over in '91 and built it up into the very incredible Australian Zoo that it is today, a major tourist attraction. not that any of this has anything to do with what you were saying, but maybe it gives you a little more insight into his life. everyone, from every interview, has said he was the same when the camera was off, as he was when it was on. he was just a very lively person. i hope that explains it a little, but you should not be feeling pitty, so you're ok.

-Dave
Old 09-07-2006, 06:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Does anyone have the video of his death? It was posted on consumption junction for like 5 hours but then they replaced it with some other dumbass video.... I cant find the real video anywhere now.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:27 PM
9 Second Club

i think that was a bs video, not the real deal. it will only be released 1 of 2 ways. 1, the family decides to have it aired, which they're thinking about doing because he said if it ever happened he would want it taped. or 2, it's sold for a ton of cash because that's the only way i see it getting out of the cops hands without serious reprocussions due to them being in charge of it, and him being so fondly looked upon by so many down there. just a guess.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

My wife and I will miss him..whatta drag.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn, that sucks, anyone have a video?
Old 09-07-2006, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This sucks big time man, I still can't believe it. I'm in the same boat as alot of you guys, this has truely affected me. I have been bummed out ever since I read about his death, here on this very site Monday morning at 2:45 am. I have this bobble head of Steve that my wife got for me 2 years ago, it has a button on it that when you press it, he says all his catch phrases, I can't even look at the thing, it's crazy. I didn't even feel this way when Brandon Lee died. (huge fan of he and his Dad). He will be truely missed. Just my thoughts. CROC-Hunter Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2006, 05:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

At least he got to die doing something interesting instead of in a nursing home.
What he was doing wasn't nearly as dangerous as most of the stuff he did but it was just his time to go.

He did a lot for wildlife education and conservation. A life well lived.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:37 AM
11 Second Club

yea we want to see the video
Old 09-09-2006, 02:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Christian8A
yea we want to see the video
I will never understand this sick twisted fascination of watching somebody die.

Jon
Old 09-09-2006, 03:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jon B.
I will never understand this sick twisted fascination of watching somebody die.

Jon
I wanna see it im just curious. Its part of nature get over it.....how many times have u seen the pics of Kennedy getting shot????
Old 09-09-2006, 06:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 69mach
I wanna see it im just curious. Its part of nature get over it.....how many times have u seen the pics of Kennedy getting shot????
Never. It's not part of MY nature I suppose. I dont go out and watch Faces of Death and beat off, it's not my thing.

Jon