Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Sad day - Steve Irwin (Crocodile Hunter) killed

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006 | 08:37 PM
Teching In

its not about getting satisfaction by watching his death. i honestly think that watching the video of his death could be educational, even tho its the expense of his life its just one more way of steve doing his job of giving a first person view of the dangers of wild life. no one jacks of to his death man, get over yourself. its all about a learning experience. id watch it, not to get my jollies of but to learn the last lesson steve's givin us b4 he passed.

i think its funny how most of the guys on svtperformance are acting like they were his brother. it makes me so upset that so many people are freaking out. its like people talking about fireman or police officers. they risk their lives every day to do their job and if one day god decides its their time to go, hes gonna take em. let him go man, yes its sad and yes he'll be missed, but he put himself in that situation, and everyone knows that he knew the dangers of a stingray more than you or me or the guy who posted above me.

i plan on joining the police academy in about two weeks and i know every danger of being a cop, its in my family and i lost two relatives from it. it sucks but he did what he loved so think of the good things, not bad. just my .02

rip steve, thanks for the information you gave us.
Old 09-09-2006 | 10:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by grandsport96
its not about getting satisfaction by watching his death. i honestly think that watching the video of his death could be educational, even tho its the expense of his life its just one more way of steve doing his job of giving a first person view of the dangers of wild life. no one jacks of to his death man, get over yourself. its all about a learning experience. id watch it, not to get my jollies of but to learn the last lesson steve's givin us b4 he passed.

i think its funny how most of the guys on svtperformance are acting like they were his brother. it makes me so upset that so many people are freaking out. its like people talking about fireman or police officers. they risk their lives every day to do their job and if one day god decides its their time to go, hes gonna take em. let him go man, yes its sad and yes he'll be missed, but he put himself in that situation, and everyone knows that he knew the dangers of a stingray more than you or me or the guy who posted above me.

i plan on joining the police academy in about two weeks and i know every danger of being a cop, its in my family and i lost two relatives from it. it sucks but he did what he loved so think of the good things, not bad. just my .02

rip steve, thanks for the information you gave us.
I'm not saying anything other than I dont understand what you could get from watching someone die? Dont swim over a Stingray and just happen to have the 1 in 10,000 chance of being pierced in the heart? I'm not full of myself, i'm a soldier, I understand your fireman/policeman thing. I'm being deployed soon. I dont understand the fascination, educate me.

Jon
Old 09-10-2006 | 12:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I also agree. How would watching him die be educational? Would it be interesting to watch? Sure, but out of respect to him and his family, his death video should be destroyed.

It shouldn't take watching the video to know that you should be careful around dangerous animals, or just avoid them altogether. You don't need to be "educated" on that: it's just common sense. There's no need for anyone to watch his video unless you're a creep like that.
Old 09-10-2006 | 05:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Watching freaky stuff like that conditions you. They show stuff like that in 1st aid and medic classes so when something like that happens in real life, you can handle it and react. When someone gets jacked up, most people look on like "oh my god somebody do something" The person who has seen it 100 times on the internet is going to be more like to do something useful rather than gawk.

The other the reason I would watch it:
Have you ever watched Evil Kinevil (sp) or any other stunt on primetime? Real TV, MaxTV, CROCODILE HUNTER? Don't give me any BS about the only reason you watch croc hunter is educational either because there is no reason for him TOUCH any of those animals. Marty Stoufer did awesome docs on animals without ever touching them.

It's interesting to watch people like Steve defy death, it's also interesting to watch death defy people. Most people have a thrill seeking streak. Watching other people do crazy stuff (whether they fail or succeed) gives us an idea of what we can get away with.

Have you ever watched lions eat a zebra? Death happens, be it people or animals, it's basically the same thing but more disturbing when it's a person because you can relate but that's on the individual.
Old 09-10-2006 | 05:07 PM
Teching In

common sencs is exactly right. but its common sense to look both ways before crossing the street, turn the safety on while using a hand gun, wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle, not to drink and drive, i mean millions of different things... and yet every year there are hundreds of deaths from people not using common sense.

now imagine if you watched the videos several times and you see the dangers taking place, i know damn well sure that if you seen a video of a person not looking both ways get hit... your gonna think twice before you cross that street.

its not even about seeing him die, its about seeing the accident and assessing the situation. sure theres a few people out there that would pull their hammer to seeing his death, but i for one would most definately realize the dangers and help protect myself.

maybe that clears a lil more up 4 ya?
Old 09-10-2006 | 05:20 PM
11 Second Club

yea , nobody likes to see anybody die man of course, but really most of the people is like what the f.. how did that happen? .. Would like to see how really "if possible if not then I dont care either. I dont see the point of showing a video of other important people and not steve, who was important too.