Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Import Guys need to see this.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 12:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gold86vette
If the car that tree'd, 60'ed, and blew away the imports looked slow thats even more of a reason to claim "IMPORTS SUCK!".
Your attitude sucks, man.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:52 AM
11 Second Club

Nah my attitude is alright, I just thought it is funny to see a car thats falling apart actually romp.
Besides I didn't make the video.
Where I live there are nothing but turbo VW's and none of them are quick on the street, but they run their mouths like they have 10 second street cars. Any car can be made fast. I dont think they suck they just aren't quick. Quick and fast are 2 different things. Sometimes when you have the total package you are both quick and fast. Imports tend to be faster than quick.
Remember - Torque over time Equals Horsepower.
and big torque over time makes up for gearing and other misalignments.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:58 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why is everyone so damn defensive? Just a funny video guys relax.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:17 AM
Staging Lane

Some of the footage is extremely old when the car ran low 13's high 12's. Thats enough to romp 99% of all imports out there.
You do realize that bolt on Evo's/STi's run that right? Among other cars.

If the car that tree'd, 60'ed, and blew away the imports looked slow thats even more of a reason to claim "IMPORTS SUCK!".
Oh god. I should of videoed that 84 Vette i beat a month ago so i could post the video and talk about how crappy they are right? No, i'm not a close minded idiot, sorry.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:10 AM
Banned

Damn i thought the vid was funny . Ohwell you have rubbed some of the import lovers of ls1tech now they are going to whine about it now . Get over it it is just a video.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:23 PM
Teching In

Listen...the video was made in jest...
That car that you see is NOT that quick.
However...it WAS quicker than any import that pulled next to me
last year in the staging lane and talked trash...
(or any 4/6 banger that pulled up next to me on the street)

As far as the top end goes...I was surprised to see that some of them
had decent trap speeds...but they were still 2 seconds behind.

So, it's still an open call import guys...I've got a new 469'...I'll be up at Lebanon Valley almost every weekend this spring...and if you pull up next
to me and talk trash-
I'll hit the button and make you bleed...

-and I appreciate the laughs guys...most of you know exactly whay this video was made...
Old 11-25-2006, 06:45 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by njn63
Oh god. I should of videoed that 84 Vette i beat a month ago so i could post the video and talk about how crappy they are right? No, i'm not a close minded idiot, sorry.
Its a free country and tape your car everytime you run - I tape mine.

As far as beating a tired 22 Year Old 15.3 second (on its best day years ago) Vette, if thats what gets your rocks off feel free to post.
Cubic dollars buys speed and last I checked you can have a really run car to drive in the twisties for about 3000-5000. I know its definately slow... Unless your buy any one of GM's LSx packages and toss a turbo on it with the 15,000 you saved over a new civic si.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Almostryan3
It cut that STi down in the first 60 ******* feet, what does a bolt on STi do 60'? like <1.4 so that thing seems pretty ******* quick
is this a serious question? Any 3rd grader can look at his launch and tell that was NOT a 1.40. And bolt-on STi's wish they could get 1.40's.
Old 11-25-2006, 05:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

haha what a douchbag. i'll go to the track in my honda, then post videos of me beating cars that are slower than it, with big names, and i'll be super cool like him. hah seriously, for the crap he drives he's got some *****. I'm sure he's gotten it a few times.
Old 11-25-2006, 05:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2001z
Damn i thought the vid was funny . Ohwell you have rubbed some of the import lovers of ls1tech now they are going to whine about it now . Get over it it is just a video.
honestly i havn't even seen the video yet but i can only imagine. I was just commenting on some of the stupidity posted by gold86vette. But yeah, people are whining because they're pointing out other people's ignorance?

Last edited by njn63; 11-25-2006 at 06:23 PM.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:46 PM
11 Second Club

Mine and the Cutlass are cars that are driven to the track and raced on the same tires as driven on the street.
The Vette can turn, autoX, brake well, and pull 1.58 60' on the same tires. How many imports can claim that?
I have respect for anyone that can race a street car and run serious #'s regardless of what country the car company is from.
My buddy's bother-inlaw's neon was driven to the track and just turned 11.44 on slicks and was driven home all in one piece. You cant say that sucks. Guys on here would kill for that.
I am just a little sick of riced out cars that run 14-16 seconds that look like gutted race cars. Thats not impressive.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:58 PM
Teching In

haha what a douchbag. i'll go to the track in my honda, then post videos of me beating cars that are slower than it, with big names, and i'll be super cool like him. hah seriously, for the crap he drives he's got some *****. I'm sure he's gotten it a few times.
Quick 99, you missed the point...
(just as you did in English class with that grammar of yours...)
The point isn't to say that IT'S quicker than every freakin' import out there, it's just to have fun with the thousands of crappy little polished turd 'tuners' that think they're running 10's like half of them claim.

You're So touchy....does drivin' a 152k mile civic make you feel all bad inside?
Well it's alright to cry, crying gets the sad out of ya buddy.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:12 PM
Staging Lane

Mine and the Cutlass are cars that are driven to the track and raced on the same tires as driven on the street.
The Vette can turn, autoX, brake well, and pull 1.58 60' on the same tires. How many imports can claim that?
I know a Supra that drives past my dorm everyday that can do all of that actually. Oh, and it's a 10.0 car, not a 11.4 car.

Furthermore, quote 1/4 mile times, not 60'. The race doesn't end there unlike what that video thinks. It's a mark of a well setup car, yes, but i don't think i've ever seen anyone race 60'

The better question, how many domestics can do that?
I have respect for anyone that can race a street car and run serious #'s regardless of what country the car company is from.
IMPORTS SUCK!
o rly?
My buddy's bother-inlaw's neon was driven to the track and just turned 11.44 on slicks and was driven home all in one piece. You cant say that sucks. Guys on here would kill for that.
I am just a little sick of riced out cars that run 14-16 seconds that look like gutted race cars. Thats not impressive.
I'm sick of seeing 13-14 second stripped/ugly monte carlo's trailered to the track. Point? I don't own it and could really care less what they do.

Also, since when is Dodge not American? Why is a srt-4 in an 'imports suck!' video? And why are you bringing it up here?
Old 11-27-2006, 12:04 AM
Getting Molli-Whopped

I guess this has become a big deal because the video said "imports suck". The fact is that most people the drive imports and race them are teenage kids and it's like the fastest car they have ever been in. Hardly anyones very 1st car they bought was fast 12's or quicker. Those people will have faster cars eventually one day if they are really into racing whether import or domestic. I'm in California and I would say the average import runs mid to high 14s at the track.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:12 AM
Staging Lane

Nice **** box.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:33 AM
Teching In

I guess this has become a big deal because the video said "imports suck". The fact is that most people the drive imports and race them are teenage kids and it's like the fastest car they have ever been in. Hardly anyones very 1st car they bought was fast 12's or quicker. Those people will have faster cars eventually one day if they are really into racing whether import or domestic. I'm in California and I would say the average import runs mid to high 14s at the track.

I'd say you've nailed it right on the head....
It's just a bash on guys who think that their untouched WRX's and such are 11 second rides...
I could make the same video for stock LT1's, LS1's, 5.0's...a whole reel could be done with mid 70's corvettes...
Old 11-27-2006, 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rallye425
The point isn't to say that IT'S quicker than every freakin' import out there, it's just to have fun with the thousands of crappy little polished turd 'tuners' that think they're running 10's like half of them claim.

You're So touchy....does drivin' a 152k mile civic make you feel all bad inside?

Indeed. I didn't miss the point at all, though I thought I made clear my distintive lack of companionship for such talented footage. I mean seriously, I think it's cool some hick beats cars like that and video tapes it,it's like a civic beating a corvette.. who care's. It's just stating the obvious therefore he is a large bag of douche. Like yourself, for sparking off topic related discussions about care bears and civics.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:53 PM
Teching In

care bears and civics
Nice...that's the spirit!
Hehe!!!
Old 11-27-2006, 03:18 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by rallye425

I still say my Fusion is going to take you. That 2.0 whatever I have under the hood is going to smoke you. You can't beat the technology I have under the hood or my import mazda drivetrain. IMPORTS Rulzzzzzzzzzzz. Plus, did you notice AWD and 17 inch tires ... Damn son, I am going OLDs hunting ... I am also going to get a couple of stickers and a fart can, you are going to get pwned !!!

Last edited by javaradd; 11-27-2006 at 03:38 PM.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:40 PM
Teching In

javaradd...
uh....Hmmmm....uhhhh...
Dude. Fusions are fords and Fords are domestic.
This hick don't race no Fusions. Especially wit stickers.
leeemeee alone!