Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Import Guys need to see this.

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 09:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by n2oJOE
well i'd like to see you line up with my buddies evo its always at island dragway. he has a turbo back exhaust, boost controller, and ecu reflash. it made 360rwhp and 35xrwtq . and he runs 12.00 at 113 on street tires thats damn good. also for the record personally when im at the track im not really worried about who is next to me most of the time so if you wanna put some money on the line ill drive the **** out of my car. but thats just me and im just getting my car dialed in. so if you wanna get some good footage ill run one of you! (or both) i know its all in fun but i laugh when i watch alotta crap box "muscle cars" get traliored into island and run a couple 14's and then break and then they close the track for an hour and ruin my day . but hey be fair i have seen many imports up there that will stomp both your cars.
I guess your buddy's evo is quicker than your car or you wouldn't be talking it up so much. 12.00 ain't much to brag about these days.

I drove my car to the track on the same tires I raced on. My very first run on my new motor run I pegged 11.40. N/A... there is much more in it... Hell my worst run all day It hit 11.85 spinning worse than it would on the street due to the fact that some import guy that drove right through the water box and dragged water all over the track.

As for njn63 that's really nice that a fast supra drives by your dorm on occasion... It feels really good to live vicariously through other peoples lives don't it? Makes a nice stain in your shorts too.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:09 AM
Teching In

well i'd like to see you line up with my buddies evo its always at island dragway. he has a turbo back exhaust, boost controller, and ecu reflash. it made 360rwhp and 35xrwtq . and he runs 12.00 at 113 on street tires thats damn good. also for the record personally when im at the track im not really worried about who is next to me

Uh...SloeJoe...just look at Gold86vettes video section...
He's already turning 11.4. On street tires...
So that Evo? Should he spot your buddy a few lengths?

And (for the record) it's real easy to say you don't care who you line up against...
I used to say that to...when I was running 14's.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:16 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by gold86vette
As for njn63 that's really nice that a fast supra drives by your dorm on occasion... It feels really good to live vicariously through other peoples lives don't it? Makes a nice stain in your shorts too.
My lord. You asked for an example and i gave you one of many cars that are in the Chicagoland area (and i used an example of a car i know fairly well). Sorry that i'm a student and have a lot bigger things to worry about financially at this point. By the time i'm 35 i'm sure i'll be able to afford a lot better than a 20 year old Vette.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:04 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by njn63
My lord. You asked for an example and i gave you one of many cars that are in the Chicagoland area (and i used an example of a car i know fairly well). Sorry that i'm a student and have a lot bigger things to worry about financially at this point. By the time i'm 35 i'm sure i'll be able to afford a lot better than a 20 year old Vette.

Better than a car that can pull nearly 1 g in the skidpad? Brake in less than 110 feet from 60 mph? Better than 11.40 in the 1/4 mile??? All in the same car? 99% of all new cars cant do that.
When I first bought my Vette I was a few years younger than you (20). By your age I was running in the low 12's... all day, everyday, and would hook and run 12's on the street. At that time it easily dispatched Vipers in street trim, ran 1.8's in the 60' on the street (it didn't spin at all on the street). This was back in the mid 90's. Since then it has evolved.

First off, If you plan on trying to have a nice fast car at age 35 then dont do what I did. Got married, had 3 kids, house, new cars, etc. It took me losing everything I own (except the vette) in a divorce to be able to be back in the scene. It doesn't get easier as you get older. Right now you probably live with mommy and daddy and have minimal bills and minimal responsiblities. If you dont have a fast car by 24 you probably wont have one. It has to be in your blood early on.

I race at the track only now (grew up i guess) and dont mind a friendly challenge. So when you grow up and you buy a car look me up and we will have some fun.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:49 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by gold86vette
First off, If you plan on trying to have a nice fast car at age 35 then dont do what I did. Got married, had 3 kids, house, new cars, etc. It took me losing everything I own (except the vette) in a divorce to be able to be back in the scene. It doesn't get easier as you get older. Right now you probably live with mommy and daddy and have minimal bills and minimal responsiblities. If you dont have a fast car by 24 you probably wont have one. It has to be in your blood early on.
-don't live with parents
-minimal bills/responsibilities? Spending 14k a year for housing/tuition alone definitely doesn't fall into that category huh?

I know a lot of people that didn't have a fast car at 24 and have them now. It's called balancing your responsibilities and working towards a goal. I could of went and got a job at Wal-Mart and built a fast car by now but what good would that of been? I'd be someone with no future, no education, no job security, and all i'd have to show for it would be a fast car. Don't get me wrong, some people manage to make good money taking this route, but it's a slim chance and i'll enjoy sitting in an office making 50k a year designing stuff for those people to assemble/produce in 5 years.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gyrene2003
why is everyone so damn defensive? Just a funny video guys relax.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:14 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by RedZ32TTBB
All this **** is funny!!! That talk about the Camaro being so much cheaper, etc.... If you bought a good running and well conditioned z28/ss 98-03 with 40K or less miles, they still cost $20k + easily, similar to an evo that is also used. If you only paid $10,000 then it must have had up to or close to 100k miles on it so you can't compare the prices in cars in this way, especially if you're talking about a new car vs. your obviously used car. Where you will save money is on parts as American car parts are more available so modifiying them is usually much easier.
my car had exactly 40k miles when i bought it so try again :
and its loaded but you almost have a good point.....jackass
Old 11-29-2006, 06:14 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by njn63
I know a Supra that drives past my dorm everyday that can do all of that actually. Oh, and it's a 10.0 car, not a 11.4 car.
I'd like to see your vicarious, "almighty Supdawwg" pull right off the 1/4 mile after a 10.0 (or better) run and kick azz on an autocross/roadrace course, WITHOUT changing anything. PUULLEEEZZ!

Also, as was already stated, I sure hope that there are as many "domestic defenders" over on all the ricey import fanboy sites as there are import loving defenders on here. Somehow, I doubt that.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:20 PM
12 Second Club

supras look sweet and can be real quick but did anyone else notice that 99% of the time, they're dyno queens?

i was flippin through an import mag that my buddy had a while back. there was a 1000 hp supra that ran 10. xx. in that same article there was a 600hp dsm that ran 2 tenths faster. both were gutted, both were all out drag cars, just seems like most supras are better up top. never been a big fan of them
Old 11-29-2006, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 00slowredz
supras look sweet and can be real quick but did anyone else notice that 99% of the time, they're dyno queens?

i was flippin through an import mag that my buddy had a while back. there was a 1000 hp supra that ran 10. xx. in that same article there was a 600hp dsm that ran 2 tenths faster. both were gutted, both were all out drag cars, just seems like most supras are better up top. never been a big fan of them
so a lighter AWD dsm ran faster than a heavier rwd supra? what is your point?

and a cammed ls1 without the proper supporting mods isnt a dyno queen? hell it wont even be good from a roll on the highway. but if that suites your fancy i guess.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:41 PM
12 Second Club

hmmm....2 full out DRAG cars. when i said DRAG cars, did you think i meant one was a gutted dsm with slicks and the other was a full interior supra? no smartass, both had the interior completely STRIPPED OUT and BOTH WERE ON SLICKS. also, for the record that was an example of a supra that was a dyno queen. do you think i would have said that MOST supras are dyno queens if that was the only one i've ever seen?

i bet i'd be wayyyyyy faster if my i had a 94z awaiting an ls1/t56 swap

:
Old 11-29-2006, 08:43 PM
Teching In

so a lighter AWD dsm ran faster than a heavier rwd supra? what is your point?

His point is EXACTLY where this whole thread started dopey...

A 1000hp Supra runs a 10. something 1/4?
Meanwhile a 600hp car runs quicker...
It's all about the timeslip, not your parts list, or your dream specs, or
your friends brothers car that someone saw whipping an 800hp Evo...

Without a timeslip, if you brag...you're a ***.
Dyno's are worthless.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:02 PM
11 Second Club

Hahahahahahahaha
Old 11-29-2006, 10:23 PM
Getting Molli-Whopped

Originally Posted by 00slowredz
my car had exactly 40k miles when i bought it so try again :
and its loaded but you almost have a good point.....jackass
Nice slow running salvaged title
Old 11-29-2006, 10:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still a nasty *** dirty White trash looking car, I dont care how fast it is

Its doesnt even look respectable, paint the fucken thing FLAT BLACK so its decent or somthing..........JUNK
Old 11-29-2006, 11:34 PM
Teching In

paint the fucken thing FLAT BLACK so its decent or somthing..........JUNK
slick1851...don't worry Mr. Bolt-on...
there's one new part I did paint black.

Old 11-30-2006, 02:04 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by slick1851
Still a nasty *** dirty White trash looking car, I dont care how fast it is

Its doesnt even look respectable, paint the fucken thing FLAT BLACK so its decent or somthing..........JUNK
White trash? Your car is gutted, nothing is more white trash then gutting a car that isn't a true track car. Lets see, "I am poor, I can't afford MODS, wait !! I have an idea !! Really, I have an idea, lets take everything out of the car !!" Your 2900lbs dropped you maybe 6 tenths in the qtr mile ? Well, thats if you can drive, but then again your probably still in the 13s and that was so 1990s. So Ghetto boy, whats worse, being white trash or ghetto without that A/C ? Now, I can gut my car since I drive the damn thing maybe 1000 miles a year, but seeing thats your daily driver, you might need the A/C, heat and oh wait the radio ? Nah, your Ghetto, you can rap your own tunes while you drive to your job at mickey Ds.

And by the way, since you are working at Ds, I would like a Big Mac, large order of fries and a strawberry shake for my friend gold86vette and rallye425 is going to pay for it, since I own him anyway.

Last edited by javaradd; 11-30-2006 at 02:28 AM.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:41 AM
Launching!

Gears Of War
Old 11-30-2006, 11:57 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by dailydriver
I'd like to see your vicarious, "almighty Supdawwg" pull right off the 1/4 mile after a 10.0 (or better) run and kick azz on an autocross/roadrace course, WITHOUT changing anything. PUULLEEEZZ!

Also, as was already stated, I sure hope that there are as many "domestic defenders" over on all the ricey import fanboy sites as there are import loving defenders on here. Somehow, I doubt that.
You got that right bud. njn63 is a dreamer. He's got nuthin.

The only thing Javaradd owns is a looooooooooose converter and a loose ...
Old 11-30-2006, 12:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by RedZ32TTBB
Nice slow running salvaged title
hahaha yea, 13.5 STOCK auto with 2.73 gears. yea its a pretty slow running ls1...what a ****** idiot