Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Import Guys need to see this.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 09:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

turbo- the replacement for displacement.....

HAHAHAHHAHAHA

nice vid man
Old 11-27-2006, 09:51 PM
12 Second Club

everyone's too damn touchy about this import ****. isnt this an ls1 forum? i like sti's and evo's. i'd never buy one cuz i payed 10k for my car and run close to what they do stock, but i dunno.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:09 PM
10 Second Club

well i'd like to see you line up with my buddies evo its always at island dragway. he has a turbo back exhaust, boost controller, and ecu reflash. it made 360rwhp and 35xrwtq . and he runs 12.00 at 113 on street tires thats damn good. also for the record personally when im at the track im not really worried about who is next to me most of the time so if you wanna put some money on the line ill drive the **** out of my car. but thats just me and im just getting my car dialed in. so if you wanna get some good footage ill run one of you! (or both) i know its all in fun but i laugh when i watch alotta crap box "muscle cars" get traliored into island and run a couple 14's and then break and then they close the track for an hour and ruin my day . but hey be fair i have seen many imports up there that will stomp both your cars.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:07 PM
12 Second Club

if i payed 20-30k + for my turbo'd awd import....it better run 12s. i payed 10k
Old 11-28-2006, 09:19 PM
Launching!

nice find lmao
Old 11-28-2006, 09:51 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00slowredz
if i payed 20-30k + for my turbo'd awd import....it better run 12s. i payed 10k

point is ur v8 is stuck in the 13's and hes running very very bottom 12's almost 11's. PERIOD thats what this post is about and u bought your car used obiously and he got his new, but i bet you have more into mods then him if ya wanna play that game. point is be carefull who you line up against he would woop ur 10 thousnad dollar car with out question. i love v8's but there are other faster cars out there besides ls1's. i guess the only thing about the vid i dont like is that how would you feel if some kid in a civic taped your bad run and saying he killed ur car not that funny
Old 11-28-2006, 10:02 PM
12 Second Club

first off.... lets play that game
i have a cam and valvetrain thats going in this winter-$1000
3.73 gears will go in too-$200 + install so we'll say $600
drag radials- we'll just say $400
after that im at $10 k for a car and $2k for mods = $12k

how much did he spend for his import? cuz im sure its well over 20 grand so i still got 8 thousand more to spend....who do you think would win?

i like evos and sti's and a lot of imports, i like any car thats fast. and if you look at the street racing forum, i just posted a whole story about a turbo integra walking my *** and how it was a sweet little sleeper. ill man up to a loss any time and say nice ride to the winner. so the point is smartass, im just saying my opinion on imports which is....for the money, i'd rather have an ls1. you can talk as much **** about other cars that will whoop my *** and i really dont care. you wanna talk up imports anymore i'd be more then happy to give you the web addresses to some vtec sites
Old 11-28-2006, 10:06 PM
12 Second Club

btw.... "stuck in 13's"???? i did a freakin cat back and a cai. im reeeeallll stuck. gimme a break man. my car's still stock other then that with 2.73 gears and some shitty street tires. let me do those mods this winter and we'll see if im still in 13's. i can put a stall in and no other mods and get into 12s
Old 11-28-2006, 10:28 PM
10 Second Club

btw.... "stuck in 13's"???? i did a freakin cat back and a cai. im reeeeallll stuck. gimme a break man. my car's still stock other then that with 2.73 gears and some shitty street tires. let me do those mods this winter and we'll see if im still in 13's. i can put a stall in and no other mods and get into 12s

put ur gears in im sure ull be in the 12's easy. trust me i do all the work on my car i street race, i drag race at the track. i built most ppls dream car on this site a 99 frc corvette 408 all forged iron block 300 shot, 500rwhp all motor pump gas i know what im doing. the point is i can go find a cheap import and spend the same money and do the same thing as ur or my v8 does but the point is have some respect. it they wanna spend and can spend that kinda money on a car then go ahead. i spent alot more then 30K in just parts on my car. does that mean i cant get beat hell no. the vid was made in fun period, i just want to point out that those cars are not what that vid makes them seem and really only showing the begining of the runs is dumb
Old 11-28-2006, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wasnt that guy in drag week?
Old 11-28-2006, 10:47 PM
12 Second Club

i have some respect for them too. but when i post up something as a joke, and you try to tear into me about how awesome imports are.....come on, did you expect me to agree with you? take a second and glance at the website you are on....its ls1tech. not a 4banger forum. just drop it, i am. its ****** ridiculous that i guy cant post somethin about a honda or whatever on an chevy forum without getting **** about it. do you go into import forums and yell at them when they talk **** on v8 cars? i sure as hell hope not or you may want to seek professional help. i've wasted way too much time arguing with you about this stupid ****. i feel like its lowered my I.Q.

GET OVER IT

and happy holidays
Old 11-28-2006, 10:53 PM
10 Second Club

just so you know you took my post as directed at you buddy and it was at the guys that made the vid and started the thread lol bcuz thats my local track and i race there every weekend! i would love to race either one of there cars. so yes im sure ur IQ was not that high to begin! and happy holidays
Old 11-28-2006, 10:55 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by THE_SUPRA
wasnt that guy in drag week?
who would you be refering to?
Old 11-29-2006, 12:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

first off.... lets play that game
i have a cam and valvetrain thats going in this winter-$1000
3.73 gears will go in too-$200 + install so we'll say $600
drag radials- we'll just say $400
after that im at $10 k for a car and $2k for mods = $12k

how much did he spend for his import? cuz im sure its well over 20 grand so i still got 8 thousand more to spend....who do you think would win?

i like evos and sti's and a lot of imports, i like any car thats fast. and if you look at the street racing forum, i just posted a whole story about a turbo integra walking my *** and how it was a sweet little sleeper. ill man up to a loss any time and say nice ride to the winner. so the point is smartass, im just saying my opinion on imports which is....for the money, i'd rather have an ls1. you can talk as much **** about other cars that will whoop my *** and i really dont care. you wanna talk up imports anymore i'd be more then happy to give you the web addresses to some vtec sites
and you will still be stuck in the 12s. you make no mention of headers or mid pipe, no suspension work, no tuning, no tranny work, nothing. youll just have a very undrivable cammed ls1 that will run in the 12s. and get shitty gas mileage on top of it. whereas the EVO in question runs bottom 12s, has stock like driveability and can get even faster with more bolt ons before he even considers engine work. to top that off, it has a usable trunk, a usable backseat and can be driven in the snow if needed.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:15 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by n2oJOE
well i'd like to see you line up with my buddies evo its always at island dragway. he has a turbo back exhaust, boost controller, and ecu reflash. it made 360rwhp and 35xrwtq . and he runs 12.00 at 113 on street tires thats damn good. also for the record personally when im at the track im not really worried about who is next to me most of the time so if you wanna put some money on the line ill drive the **** out of my car. but thats just me and im just getting my car dialed in. so if you wanna get some good footage ill run one of you! (or both) i know its all in fun but i laugh when i watch alotta crap box "muscle cars" get traliored into island and run a couple 14's and then break and then they close the track for an hour and ruin my day . but hey be fair i have seen many imports up there that will stomp both your cars.
N/A to N/A I HIGHLY doubt you would beat the OLDS. I have my $500 on rallye425 next year.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:18 AM
Teching In

When they pay 20+ Thousand for their car, they are not only paying for decent speed but for an actual interior..

Good looks, maybe 4 doors, real nice seats, leather, loaded, etc.

If they bought something in which their money would stricly go to speed, then it would be a Camaro. lol..jk.

Also, you bought your car used (I'm pretty sure), that is why you got it for 10k. If you were to buy it new, how much would it have been?

I'm just saying, that's a pretty close minded statement to bring up; the money factor. I'm not putting excuses for them, but most imports will outhandle an Fbody, stock for stock - 90% of imports shine on the road courses.

I have the best of both worlds, so don't bash on me.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:20 AM
Getting Molli-Whopped

All this **** is funny!!! That talk about the Camaro being so much cheaper, etc.... If you bought a good running and well conditioned z28/ss 98-03 with 40K or less miles, they still cost $20k + easily, similar to an evo that is also used. If you only paid $10,000 then it must have had up to or close to 100k miles on it so you can't compare the prices in cars in this way, especially if you're talking about a new car vs. your obviously used car. Where you will save money is on parts as American car parts are more available so modifiying them is usually much easier.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:40 AM
Staging Lane

the money factor is almost as bad as bringing up hp/L. Bunch of ricers round here. And if you really want to play that game, i can go buy a 1G DSM and put it in the 10's cheaper than your Camaro.

Just because this is a Chevy forum doesn't mean you get to be ignorant.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:35 AM
On The Tree

Nice hunk-a poopie . Everyones getting to riled(dunno if I spelled this right, I swear a gradiated highskool ) up over this. As for the cost/money issue. Talk to most STi owners out there and they did not buy this car for the straightline speed factor, sure 0-60 times are killer on a lightly modded one, but they spend their extra 20k (for an '04 STi its about 30k around where I live) for handling. That car WILL out handle ANYTHING on the road (besides evos cause their have their computers do the driving for you ). Its just a frigggin video guys chill out and think about how HILARIOUS it was at the track when this old pile lookin thing beat all this nicer newer cars.

*Side Story* (I think its funny) About a STi breaking just skip this if your not interested. I'll try to keep short and sweet.
My friend took his STi to the track, never used Lock Mode for CDC, well he snapped an axle, we had a friend there with a 1974? Camaro running low 14s high 13s on worn street tires all night long, looks like a POS, he parked beside us, when the tow truck came he backed up to the camaro, it was hilarious, to this day we still make fun of him for his POS lookin camaro.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:44 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by javaradd
N/A to N/A I HIGHLY doubt you would beat the OLDS. I have my $500 on rallye425 next year.
DITTO!!!
n20joe, we aint scared and we run at Island, check my videos they are at Island. The Olds will beat you, you cant drive that 500 rwhp vette hard enough to beat him without breaking it, spinning, or getting nervous and missing a gear. If you were all that good you would have some times to post.