Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

SRT-4 Vs 07 Z06 Vs 04 Z06 with built 408

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007 | 07:08 AM
Teching In

I wanna see the street races from a dig. Every FWD car always wants to go from a roll. =/ Whats up with that?

That is one fast *** SRT-4 though. I wanted one real bad for a while. Then everyone started getting one and ehh...They are quick though.
Old 01-24-2007 | 07:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackRabbit
I wanna see the street races from a dig. Every FWD car always wants to go from a roll. =/ Whats up with that?

That is one fast *** SRT-4 though. I wanted one real bad for a while. Then everyone started getting one and ehh...They are quick though.
Traction? DUH. That car is probaly useless from a dig without a shitload of throttle play.
Old 01-24-2007 | 07:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SCRex0472
First of all I must give props to anyone who tunes a car to the extreme that the SRT-4 is and I will probably get some deserved **** for saying so....but having the fastest SRT-4 in the country is kinda like being the top ranked lawn bowler in the US...who cares. Did like the Vettes though!

I would have to nicely agree, i dunno even with all that stuff done to it....it's still a neon, and looks like a regular one on the street. ( i know, 'sleeper' concept)
AMS builds some awesome stuff, I miss the EVO videos.
By no means am i saying it's slow, and i'm not going to be ignorant and not give props where earned. I just simply don't get excited about it.

And i second that motion on the dig races. My grandmother could do roll races in that SRT-4, it'd be nice to see what it can do from a stand still. If it has traction problems, then....i'm not sorry? Slap some goofy FWD slicks on it.
Old 01-24-2007 | 07:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 97'RS6-BucketTurd
I just simply don't get excited about it.
But you get excited about V6 Camaro's? Yeaaaa woohoo!! POWA!
Old 01-24-2007 | 07:18 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Camaroz
Traction? DUH. That car is probaly useless from a dig without a shitload of throttle play.
I agree, but dam thats a really fast skittle, good work, AMS builds some wicked stuff
Old 01-24-2007 | 07:22 AM
On The Tree

But you get excited about V6 Camaro's? Yeaaaa woohoo!! POWA!
*sigh* alright, you asked for it, seeing as how you want to ASSume.

Look at my damn name. 97'RS6-BucketTURD Surely you can see that i am oh so excited to own it, purely by my name alone.
See my 'extensive' mod list in my sig? omg... i MUST be crazy about my v6 turd mobile if i have an intake and exhaust on it it, and the B&M electronic shift improver bought to increase the life of my shitty transmission, surely denotes my obsession with my vehicle.
Look up my posts, i'll be the first, and have been many times, to say it's a heap of ****.

Next.
Old 01-24-2007 | 07:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

That's fine but I don't think your in a position to put down the SRT-4. If you don't like skittles then don't click on the thread.
Old 01-24-2007 | 07:51 AM
On The Tree

That's fine but I don't think your in a position to put down the SRT-4. If you don't like skittles then don't click on the thread.
And you are? I don't think LT's are going help get you too much closer to being in view of his tail lights...lol
And I'll click on whatever damn thread i want, it's a forum, and unless we're in China all of the sudden i do believe i have the option of free will.
I like Z06s, and i like a good race in general. I commend the SRT-4 on its performance. But, i don't like them personally.
If you don't like my comments then don't read them, it's that simple.
If you're a die-hard fan for 'skittles', great for you - it's what you personally like.
At the same time, I'm not worried about hurting your feelings if u don't like my honest opinion about the vehicle, which i said in a nice manner. Because it's my opinion. i could see if i came in and said "Domestic-Rice!!! FWD sucks!!!! BOOOO!!!" But, that obviously wasn't the case.
Old 01-24-2007 | 09:30 AM
On The Tree

Show us some dig races.

Doug D
Old 01-24-2007 | 09:59 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DougsfastZ
Show us some dig races.

Doug D
+1
Old 01-24-2007 | 01:20 PM
12 Second Club

Sick litte skittle
Old 01-24-2007 | 02:58 PM
Staging Lane

But, i don't like them personally.
You don't like them 'personally' you rather jazz out a V6 CamEro.......Sweet......
Old 01-24-2007 | 04:20 PM
TECH Resident

AMS does their **** right that's for sure! Neon looks sick not my choice (personally) but is a bad biatch that's for sure!
Old 01-24-2007 | 05:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JustA4
You don't like them 'personally' you rather jazz out a V6 CamEro.......Sweet......
You might want to read my second post (again?).

Also, not everyone can afford what they actually want. Do you, or anyone else for that matter, think i would drive this turd if i didn't have to? Common sense says: No.

A couple things while I'm at it:
I don't like Jazz and i don't "Jazz" things contrary to your belief.
It's Camaro. You're on a site full of them i would hope you could also spell it correctly.
And actually if i were given an SRT-4 I'd sell it immediately and buy something worth the money.
For the 20-grand+ they were sold for new, there's so many better options out there for the money.
If i was sitting there thinking to my self "hmm i want to buy a car for roughly $25,000 that has a great amount of performance for the price."
I definitely wouldn't be thinking SRT-4.

Once again cry babies, I'm not bashing it, i just plain out PERSONALLY don't PREFER them. It's just my opinion, if yours differs from mine and don't like my opinion good for you, I'm not going to change for you, and you're not going to convert me to "skittle-dom"....tears will dry.

BTW that's not a fancy personalized sig. the mod(s) made for you.
Old 01-24-2007 | 06:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

That neon pulled away from the Z06 like my friends whippled cobra (610whp) did to our friends C6 Z. 800whp? Thats weak if its really making that......
Old 01-24-2007 | 07:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by VENGEANCE
That neon pulled away from the Z06 like my friends whippled cobra (610whp) did to our friends C6 Z. 800whp? Thats weak if its really making that......
800 on race gas at 35psi...

THAT was 500whp at 25psi pump tune.

It would have been a bit worse with the extra 300whp in the SRT-4.
Old 01-24-2007 | 07:02 PM
Staging Lane

You might want to read my second post (again?).

Also, not everyone can afford what they actually want. Do you, or anyone else for that matter, think i would drive this turd if i didn't have to? Common sense says: No.

A couple things while I'm at it:
I don't like Jazz and i don't "Jazz" things contrary to your belief.
It's Camaro. You're on a site full of them i would hope you could also spell it correctly.
And actually if i were given an SRT-4 I'd sell it immediately and buy something worth the money.
For the 20-grand+ they were sold for new, there's so many better options out there for the money.
If i was sitting there thinking to my self "hmm i want to buy a car for roughly $25,000 that has a great amount of performance for the price."
I definitely wouldn't be thinking SRT-4.

Once again cry babies, I'm not bashing it, i just plain out PERSONALLY don't PREFER them. It's just my opinion, if yours differs from mine and don't like my opinion good for you, I'm not going to change for you, and you're not going to convert me to "skittle-dom"....tears will dry.

BTW that's not a fancy personalized sig. the mod(s) made for you.
Like what?

Ok assume you have $22K to spend, you need a daily driver thats also fun cause you have a speed feak side. You also would like a warranty and a new car as you dont like/trust leftovers...

What do you buy, WHAT do you buy?
Old 01-24-2007 | 07:04 PM
Staging Lane

wait wait wait.... before you say it..... I know exactly what you are going to pick. A Toyota Celica GT. I knew it. Figures.
Old 01-24-2007 | 07:49 PM
Launching!

And you are? I don't think LT's are going help get you too much closer to being in view of his tail lights...lol
And I'll click on whatever damn thread i want, it's a forum, and unless we're in China all of the sudden i do believe i have the option of free will.
I like Z06s, and i like a good race in general. I commend the SRT-4 on its performance. But, i don't like them personally.
If you're a die-hard fan for 'skittles', great for you - it's what you personally like.
At the same time, I'm not worried about hurting your feelings if u don't like my honest opinion about the vehicle, which i said in a nice manner. Because it's my opinion. i could see if i came in and said "Domestic-Rice!!! FWD sucks!!!! BOOOO!!!" But, that obviously wasn't the case.
the 04z is losing alot of power with his exhaust. he is running stock cats and stock manifolds. he doesnt not have cutouts or anything. the ONLY exhaust mod he has is a corsa catback. personally i gained 28 peak rwhp on a completely stock motor in my z06. and i picked up 10+ everywhere else under the curve. is this enough to stay with the neon no idea but i would like to see the same race with the headers done to the z and the neon not break.
Old 01-24-2007 | 07:50 PM
9 Second Club

quick srt-4.....