Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

SRT-4 Vs 07 Z06 Vs 04 Z06 with built 408

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 02:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pipelayaz
Where at in Michigan was the SRT-4 mass produced?

Roughly how much money did they spend on making it a 800HP monster?

As far as the ricer $h!+ goes I'll give credit where credit is due. You start putting half painted/primed body kits with massive wings and fart cans and you could bet somebody would say something.

Personally I think the car is bad ***. And for the record a car with that much work done to it, I would hope it'd beat the C6 Z06.
well not MASS produced seeing as how there were some like 22K ever made in 3 years combined. I have the breakdown of how many of each color and year they made if you wanted to know.
They were made in Belvidere (Ill.).. Got it mixed up there, but I was close

$12K would be pretty close to what it would cost to do that to a SRT-4. ALot are selling for about $15K now so you can figure for less then $30K you can have a quick car to play with.

I dont agree on body kits and I dont think many even exist for this car. You dont see the magazines really paying attention to them becasue they are domestic. They nut swing on the EVO and STi. My car looks 100% stock except for the tint and eyelids.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 97'RS6-BucketTurd
What's wrong with you people? Did you not read my last post?
for UNDER 20K i could find and buy something that will annihilate that SRT-4 all day long. You SRT-4 nut swingers are acting like it's the only quick car under 20K. It's not my fault you bought it and have that girly looking turbo-ed lady-bug shaped vehicle sitting in your driveway. Defend it all you want, i don't CARE lol I still don't like the god damned car and i wouldn't buy it if my life depended on it. Once again there are so many better choices out there i could name them for days, you can find PRO - STREET vehicles that are in the 9's and 10's for under $20,000 and have money left over for an econobox to daily drive. So don't be ignorant and tell me it's the only car under $20,000 that fast.

And once again, this shows me you skim read and picked out certain things in my posts without fully reading and comprehending my ENTIRE posts. I never said MY car could beat it. I also gave it props for being fast, multiple times. But i also said i still don't like the damn thing, it's my choice, quit crying about it.
If you think that my knowledge of vehicles is limited by what i currently drive, then you've got to be one of the most ignorant people in the world.
That level of ignorance is on the same level as saying Stephen Hawking is a drooling-retard because he's in a wheel chair and uses Microsoft SAM to talk. Or that John Force can't race **** and he's slow cause u saw him driving a mini-van to the grocery store.
but your posts are retarded and just show that you have some kind of grudge against it.

You dont seem to grasp the fact that this is a NEW car with warranty (for peple who commute) for $20K. It whoops on every other car priced in that region and above sold new. SPANKS.

Now if you want to argue you can find a import thats cheap to build and make fast I will agree. You arent going to find much that will be able to walk a SRT-4 for that price range though without sacrificing alot.

I could look for a old CRX, and strip it, build it and it would probably smoke 90% of the cars on the road. It's a gokart I could probably lift the rear end off the ground while you changed the tire. But that is just plain silly.

You seem to have a hang up with SRT-4's and I know the more it's brought up, the more you will resist it (simple psych)...

So welcome to the club of people who hate the SRT-4 for no real reason..
Old 01-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by PhillyLS1
Can you beat it mr 12 second club? You guys are acting like just like ricers. Bashing **** for no reason.
The car is a performer. You wanna knock it for not being able to hook from a dig? Fine. Valid point. Breaking the input shaft at the end of the video? Fine. Valid point.
But that skittle just smacked the snot out of Chevy's flagship car.
The proof is in the video and you can't take anything away from it. You guys act like it was an RSX or something.

Give credit where credit is do. It takes about 4K to get a skittle into the 11's BTW (without massive amounts of WR)
thanks for looking at it as a car enthusiast.... that is refreshing to see
Old 01-25-2007, 02:19 PM
TECH Addict

Old 01-25-2007, 02:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, fast little car. Cool song too..
Old 01-25-2007, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PhillyLS1
Can you beat it mr 12 second club? You guys are acting like just like ricers. Bashing **** for no reason.
The car is a performer. You wanna knock it for not being able to hook from a dig? Fine. Valid point. Breaking the input shaft at the end of the video? Fine. Valid point.
But that skittle just smacked the snot out of Chevy's flagship car.
The proof is in the video and you can't take anything away from it. You guys act like it was an RSX or something.

Give credit where credit is do. It takes about 4K to get a skittle into the 11's BTW (without massive amounts of WR)

Flagship car with stroker and bolton's!

PS: On pump gas!
Old 01-25-2007, 03:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by moltenice
but your posts are retarded and just show that you have some kind of grudge against it.

You dont seem to grasp the fact that this is a NEW car with warranty (for peple who commute) for $20K. It whoops on every other car priced in that region and above sold new. SPANKS.

Now if you want to argue you can find a import thats cheap to build and make fast I will agree. You arent going to find much that will be able to walk a SRT-4 for that price range though without sacrificing alot.

I could look for a old CRX, and strip it, build it and it would probably smoke 90% of the cars on the road. It's a gokart I could probably lift the rear end off the ground while you changed the tire. But that is just plain silly.

You seem to have a hang up with SRT-4's and I know the more it's brought up, the more you will resist it (simple psych)...

So welcome to the club of people who hate the SRT-4 for no real reason..

Since you can't read obviously... here you go:

Starting from my most recent post in regards to my "hating the SRT-4."
Here is a list of honest and positive things I've said about the cars in general:

I also gave it props for being fast, multiple times. But i also said i still don't like the damn thing, it's my choice, quit crying about it.
Oh i agree, like i said I'm not bashing anyone. I think that SRT-4 is a great performer for what ti is, there's no doubt that AMS builds beasts.
i was just honest with my preference and i guess some people aren't use to someone who's straight forward in a non-threatening way, and they take offense to it regardless.
Once again cry babies, I'm not bashing it, i just plain out PERSONALLY don't PREFER them. It's just my opinion, if yours differs from mine and don't like my opinion - good for you, I'm not going to change for you, and you're not going to convert me to "skittle-dom"....tears will dry.
I like Z06s, and i like a good race in general. I commend the SRT-4 on its performance. But, i don't like them personally.
If you don't like my comments then don't read them, it's that simple.
If you're a die-hard fan for 'skittles', great for you - it's what you personally like.
At the same time, I'm not worried about hurting your feelings if u don't like my honest opinion about the vehicle, which i said in a nice manner. Because it's my opinion. i could see if i came in and said "Domestic-Rice!!! FWD sucks!!!! BOOOO!!!" But, that obviously wasn't the case.
AMS builds some awesome stuff, I miss the EVO videos.
By no means am i saying it's slow, and I'm not going to be ignorant and not give props where earned. I just simply don't get excited about it.
They are all my opinions. If you don't like them so what, you're entitled to your own opinions also. I'm not going to sit here and try to make you like something you don't want to like, which is exactly what people are trying to inadvertently do. I guarantee this complaining will go on until i say "OK i like SRT-4s and think they're great cars." But it's not going to happen. Why? that's not my opinion i don't LIKE them. They're good cars obviously, they're just not for me, plain and simple. So, kindly be quiet and realize that i have the option to choose what i like and why.

Next:
I UNDERSTAND the concept and why a person would want a warrantied vehicle. You don't need to 'school me' on it...i get it. i acknowledged it, and explained my perspective on that situation:

I wouldn't get a "2 for 1" and, I'm not **** about warranties.
So for me that blows that whole idea out of the water.
Brand new cars are nice, but most of the time they lose a significant amount of value the second you drive them off the lot, sad but true.

I would buy a crap KIA Sophia or something of that nature to drive around in for a $1,000 tops, then buy an m6 Camaro SS or a WS6 with the money left over for around $16,000 or under or something more extreme in that price range. Leaving me with $5,000+ left over for mods, etc.

Race car sits in the garage away from daily wear and tear while the beater car does its job. If i go out racing and break something, so what back in the garage it goes and I'll fix it when i have time. In the mean time i have my beater car to get me around and do what i have to from day to day. If the beater breaks down then i can use the race car to run out and get whatever i need to fix the beater. (which the parts will be much cheaper for.)
Now, if you read all of that and don't take it out of context, then you'll understand what i mean and not be all angry at me for being a human being with a rational opinion. If not, I'll just expect to see another frustrated post.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

yall should check out the tx section for some good action about this vid
Old 01-25-2007, 03:57 PM
Staging Lane

not sure man, it seems like the people in this section are a bit more mature......

This is why I came over here to post, the Texas section thread was linked because of the flaming.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:58 PM
Staging Lane

Here is a list of honest and positive things I've said about the cars in general:

They are all my opinions. If you don't like them so what, you're entitled to your own opinions also. I'm not going to sit here and try to make you like something you don't want to like, which is exactly what people are trying to inadvertently do. I guarantee this complaining will go on until i say "OK i like SRT-4s and think they're great cars." But it's not going to happen. Why? that's not my opinion i don't LIKE them. They're good cars obviously, they're just not for me, plain and simple. So, kindly be quiet and realize that i have the option to choose what i like and why.

Next:
I UNDERSTAND the concept and why a person would want a warrantied vehicle. You don't need to 'school me' on it...i get it. i acknowledged it, and explained my perspective on that situation:

Now, if you read all of that and don't take it out of context, then you'll understand what i mean and not be all angry at me for being a human being with a rational opinion. If not, I'll just expect to see another frustrated post.
wow man, you have way too much times on your hand.

I understand you dislike them, you wouldnt ride in one if your life depended on it.

Not trying to convince you of anything. Just trying to make it seem less "evil" for picking one up and trying to help shed some light on why people do.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:24 PM
TECH Regular

That thing hauls ***. If I had a Neon, I'd make it haul incredible ***, too.... just so noone could see me in it.

No, really though, thats a bad *** ride, and I'm glad it's wearing the Dodge nameplate rather than some nameplate from the far east, even if the Germans did take over. Hell, it even sounds kinda cool, and thats amazing for a 4 cylinder.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Stang-Slayer
If done right....less

There is an lt1 in gmhp that ran high tens with only 4 grand put into it i think...I cant remember how much....it was a small amount like that though.....Stock internals too!

Lol Most LS1s will go 10s if you SPRAY A 300 SHOT AT IT WITH A SLICK!

Fucken newbs.....

Nice SRt4. def moves out very good
Old 01-25-2007, 04:40 PM
TECH Junkie

The white camaro used to be a LT1 and now its a LS1 and there was 6k into that car bucko, some people just dont know how to read
Old 01-25-2007, 04:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Next:

PLEASE JUST SHUT AND STOP MESSING UP THIS THREAD!
Old 01-25-2007, 04:47 PM
Staging Lane

The majority of the guys in this thread are pretty cool/ knowledgeable..

Appreciate that. You guys seem like the 90% of Camaro owners I have met in person.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:56 PM
TECH Junkie

My freind had a 120shot stock turbo SRT4 on slicks, that ****** moved!!!!!!!!!

They are very fast from a roll also, around here in chicago you have SoundPerformance,AMS,Whip Facotry, Speedinc,FLP,Big mustang and GRAND NATIONAL shops, some big nissan places, and Hot rod shops

WE HAVE EVERYTHING!

So more people from around here know better than to just make fun of somthing because there big ***** V8 is god....

On the street anything can happen and you get hustled
Old 01-25-2007, 05:43 PM
On The Tree

That is one amazing neon, I was suprised considering the majority srt-4's around here are slow, even the heavily modded ones. The four doors and four cyl.'s are not my cup of tea but atleast they are dodges and this one represented nicely.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

well bc most of the faster cars are in houston/Texas...

and it just happened that you picked the wrong people to talk **** w/... no biggie
Old 01-25-2007, 06:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by moltenice
The majority of the guys in this thread are pretty cool/ knowledgeable..

Appreciate that. You guys seem like the 90% of Camaro owners I have met in person.
No problem. Most of us are car enthusiasts that don't drive V6 Camaro's
Old 01-25-2007, 06:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Camaroz
No problem. Most of us are car enthusiasts that don't drive V6 Camaro's
Thank you for reassuring us with your askew view that you know nothing of what a car enthusiast truley is.