Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

SRT-4 Vs 07 Z06 Vs 04 Z06 with built 408

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 07:53 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slowsrt4
Long time no see... How ur vette doing now days?

Oh yeah thanks a lot for all the comments.
its still running. no real problems but i do need to have the tune looked at. it doesnt like the cold weather. but i am still in the same place as far as mods. just boltons and cam. if i wasnt going to vegas for a friends batchelor party it would be heads or bottle time but i will not have the money after the trip lol. hope you get it running again was always good races running you but i am sure you butcher me now.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moltenice
Like what?

Ok assume you have $22K to spend, you need a daily driver thats also fun cause you have a speed feak side. You also would like a warranty and a new car as you dont like/trust leftovers...

What do you buy, WHAT do you buy?
I wouldn't get a "2 for 1" and, I'm not **** about warranties.
So for me that blows that whole idea out of the water.
Brand new cars are nice, but most of the time they lose a significant amount of value the second you drive them off the lot, sad but true.

I would buy a crap KIA Sophia or something of that nature to drive around in for a $1,000 tops, then buy an m6 Camaro SS or a WS6 with the money left over for around $16,000 or under or something more extreme in that price range. Leaving me with $5,000+ left over for mods, etc.

Race car sits in the garage away from daily wear and tear while the beater car does its job. If i go out racing and break something, so what back in the garage it goes and I'll fix it when i have time. In the mean time i have my beater car to get me around and do what i have to from day to day. If the beater breaks down then i can use the race car to run out and get whatever i need to fix the beater. (which the parts will be much cheaper for.)

It's just planning ahead and getting the best bang for your buck.

Originally Posted by silver01z06
the 04z is losing a lot of power with his exhaust. he is running stock cats and stock manifolds. he doesn't not have cutouts or anything. the ONLY exhaust mod he has is a corsa catback. personally i gained 28 peak rwhp on a completely stock motor in my z06. and i picked up 10+ everywhere else under the curve. is this enough to stay with the neon no idea but i would like to see the same race with the headers done to the z and the neon not break.
Oh i agree, like i said I'm not bashing anyone. I think that SRT-4 is a great performer for what ti is, there's no doubt that AMS builds beasts.
i was just honest with my preference and i guess some people aren't use to someone who's straight forward in a non-threatening way, and they take offense to it regardless.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

The 04 needs to ditch the manifolds if he still has them on......and get a real cam in that bitch.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:02 PM
12 Second Club

Holy ******* dog ****....thats one fast ricer!!!!!
Damn.....bet that cost a bunch of money
Old 01-24-2007, 10:07 PM
Staging Lane

ricer?
how you figure mullet boy?
Old 01-24-2007, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stang-Slayer
Holy ******* dog ****....thats one fast ricer!!!!!
Damn.....bet that cost a bunch of money

LOL these qoutes are hillarious. Why do you think it would take alot of money to beat a Z06. Most of the FI cars can make 500+ without even touching the bottom end. With an upgraded turbo, fuel, clutch and a capable standalone you have a mid 11sec car. It cost just as much to upgrade an ls1(nitrous not included) than it does to make a FI car fast. Did you happen to see the list of mods on the C5? That alone is over 10grand I would assume and guess what, he should have spent more.

The question is, how much more money does he need to hang with an srt4
Old 01-24-2007, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

Thats one scootin' lil' skittle
Old 01-24-2007, 10:40 PM
12 Second Club

ricer?
how you figure mullet boy?

lol.....No mullet here.....

Yea lol 4 cylinders, small like a bug its a ricer....
So mayb its American rice.....

Ok ok.....I know....We'll Call it UNCLE BENS!!!!!
Old 01-24-2007, 10:52 PM
Staging Lane

lol.....No mullet here.....

Yea lol 4 cylinders, small like a bug its a ricer....
So mayb its American rice.....

Ok ok.....I know....We'll Call it UNCLE BENS!!!!!
I'll call you gay.

BUT my mullet friend.. I will retract my previous statement about your homosexuality if you will agree that the SRT-4 is indeed a Dodge, which makes it domestic. Secondly that it was made in Michigan which means it's not rice.

However, you drive a slowmaro.. which I do believe was put together by our nothern neighbors. Therefore I'll call you a mounty and it will be fitting.

Mounty mullet.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 25psi
LOL these qoutes are hillarious. Why do you think it would take alot of money to beat a Z06. Most of the FI cars can make 500+ without even touching the bottom end. With an upgraded turbo, fuel, clutch and a capable standalone you have a mid 11sec car. It cost just as much to upgrade an ls1(nitrous not included) than it does to make a FI car fast. Did you happen to see the list of mods on the C5? That alone is over 10grand I would assume and guess what, he should have spent more.

The question is, how much more money does he need to hang with an srt4
If done right....less

There is an lt1 in gmhp that ran high tens with only 4 grand put into it i think...I cant remember how much....it was a small amount like that though.....Stock internals too!
Old 01-24-2007, 11:08 PM
12 Second Club

I'll call you gay.

BUT my mullet friend.. I will retract my previous statement about your homosexuality if you will agree that the SRT-4 is indeed a Dodge, which makes it domestic. Secondly that it was made in Michigan which means it's not rice.

However, you drive a slowmaro.. which I do believe was put together by our nothern neighbors. Therefore I'll call you a mounty and it will be fitting.

Mounty mullet.

lol just keep going all u want......Im still not the one in the ricer....
Wasnt meaning to talk **** b4.....thats pretty much what it is though....an american take on rice
Old 01-25-2007, 01:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL at some idiot calling an SRT4 a ricer, typical video section posting internet fan boy.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:53 AM
Staging Lane

glad you see that disconnection between SRT-4 and ricer.

For the other guy, you should be mildy proud of the Cobalt SS and SRT-4.. they are the Domestic answer to all the japanese cars out there thinking they are hot ****. Dodge released the SRT-4 into the sport compact world with a loaded gun and it took over. I would think a fellow american car owner could appreciate that.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:44 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 97'RS6-BucketTurd
You might want to read my second post (again?).

Also, not everyone can afford what they actually want. Do you, or anyone else for that matter, think i would drive this turd if i didn't have to? Common sense says: No.

A couple things while I'm at it:
I don't like Jazz and i don't "Jazz" things contrary to your belief.
It's Camaro. You're on a site full of them i would hope you could also spell it correctly.
And actually if i were given an SRT-4 I'd sell it immediately and buy something worth the money.
For the 20-grand+ they were sold for new, there's so many better options out there for the money.
If i was sitting there thinking to my self "hmm i want to buy a car for roughly $25,000 that has a great amount of performance for the price."
I definitely wouldn't be thinking SRT-4.

Once again cry babies, I'm not bashing it, i just plain out PERSONALLY don't PREFER them. It's just my opinion, if yours differs from mine and don't like my opinion good for you, I'm not going to change for you, and you're not going to convert me to "skittle-dom"....tears will dry.

BTW that's not a fancy personalized sig. the mod(s) made for you.
You have no idea what you're talking about .
The SRT-4 is STILL the fastest production car UNDER 20K ever.

And the "It's still a Neon" crap isn't bashing?.... when you can beat it then start talking trash because that "Just a neon" will hand you your *** and what does that say about you?
Old 01-25-2007, 05:54 AM
Launching!

lol just keep going all u want......Im still not the one in the ricer....
Wasnt meaning to talk **** b4.....thats pretty much what it is though....an american take on rice
Can you beat it mr 12 second club? You guys are acting like just like ricers. Bashing **** for no reason.
The car is a performer. You wanna knock it for not being able to hook from a dig? Fine. Valid point. Breaking the input shaft at the end of the video? Fine. Valid point.
But that skittle just smacked the snot out of Chevy's flagship car.
The proof is in the video and you can't take anything away from it. You guys act like it was an RSX or something.

Give credit where credit is do. It takes about 4K to get a skittle into the 11's BTW (without massive amounts of WR)
Old 01-25-2007, 06:21 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, fast skiddle. From a roll is not drag racing. Take them to the track.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Where at in Michigan was the SRT-4 mass produced?

Roughly how much money did they spend on making it a 800HP monster?

As far as the ricer $h!+ goes I'll give credit where credit is due. You start putting half painted/primed body kits with massive wings and fart cans and you could bet somebody would say something.

Personally I think the car is bad ***. And for the record a car with that much work done to it, I would hope it'd beat the C6 Z06.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

As much as I hate srt-4s, that thing is insanely fast.... props to the dude in srt-4. Now go race some AMS Evos or yet a turbo ls1....
Old 01-25-2007, 09:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PhillyLS1
You have no idea what you're talking about .
The SRT-4 is STILL the fastest production car UNDER 20K ever.

And the "It's still a Neon" crap isn't bashing?.... when you can beat it then start talking trash because that "Just a neon" will hand you your *** and what does that say about you?
What's wrong with you people? Did you not read my last post?
for UNDER 20K i could find and buy something that will annihilate that SRT-4 all day long. You SRT-4 nut swingers are acting like it's the only quick car under 20K. It's not my fault you bought it and have that girly looking turbo-ed lady-bug shaped vehicle sitting in your driveway. Defend it all you want, i don't CARE lol I still don't like the god damned car and i wouldn't buy it if my life depended on it. Once again there are so many better choices out there i could name them for days, you can find PRO - STREET vehicles that are in the 9's and 10's for under $20,000 and have money left over for an econobox to daily drive. So don't be ignorant and tell me it's the only car under $20,000 that fast.

And once again, this shows me you skim read and picked out certain things in my posts without fully reading and comprehending my ENTIRE posts. I never said MY car could beat it. I also gave it props for being fast, multiple times. But i also said i still don't like the damn thing, it's my choice, quit crying about it.
If you think that my knowledge of vehicles is limited by what i currently drive, then you've got to be one of the most ignorant people in the world.
That level of ignorance is on the same level as saying Stephen Hawking is a drooling-retard because he's in a wheel chair and uses Microsoft SAM to talk. Or that John Force can't race **** and he's slow cause u saw him driving a mini-van to the grocery store.

Last edited by 97'RS6-BucketTurd; 01-25-2007 at 09:49 AM.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:54 AM
TECH Resident

Props to all cars involved, sick neon! great song too