Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

GTO spanked by Evo *vid*

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 07:57 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CantDrv55
Try using correct grammar when you try to insult someone.

your (yʊr, yôr, yōr; yər when unstressed) pronunciation
adj. The possessive form of you.

1. Used as a modifier before a noun: your boots; your accomplishments.
2. A person's; one's: The light switch is on your right.
3. Informal. Used with little or no sense of possession to indicate a type familiar to the listener: your basic three-story frame house.

you're (yʊr; yər when unstressed) pronunciation

Contraction of you are.

Let me give you an example:
You're an idiot for trying to insult me, and you only showed your poor literacy skills in the process.
Damn I just got owned.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:01 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 00ws6spd
cantdrv55,I believe "sweetness" was on to something,and I believe you're full of dogshit!!There is no chance in hell an evo would "smoke" an 05' goat.I have one.I've raced them.A stock one I WILL beat every time.If you wanna find out,make a trip to ohio.
That's funny...watch the vid in post #1..I believe an '05 goat gets smoked.
Also, stock for stock the Evo will win. Not sure why you can't seem to accept that. I'm talking about an Evo IX btw, not VIII.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cantdrv55 is correct about the EV0 IX being faster than a Gto. Remember, theres about a 600lb wieght difference between the two, despite the GTO's extra power. Has there been a GTO in the 12's stock? Don't they run mid 13's are something like that?
Old 02-06-2007, 03:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 372 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by 25psi
Cantdrv55 is correct about the EV0 IX being faster than a Gto. Remember, theres about a 600lb wieght difference between the two, despite the GTO's extra power. Has there been a GTO in the 12's stock? Don't they run mid 13's are something like that?
To answer your question YES there are GTO's that have run 12.9's stock. I witnessed an 05 gto run 12.6x with nothing but a tune on stock rubber.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 25psi
For one, the motor has been proven to hold 5 times its original intentions. Secondly, the stock motor has been proven reliable for over 600rwhp. The tuner market is basically endless. There are people running low 7's with the factory block and stock displacement. The block itself it iron. The heads flow expectionally well stock! Able to hit low 11's with stock turbo(no nos)

How do you know what it was intended to do stock? Were you on the engineering team? Intentions of the engineer and what the engine came to market with are not always the same thing. This is conjecture and therefore: Pointless

http://www.w2wpowertrain.com/t-Casper-2.aspx
352c.i.d is BELOW stock cubes for the LQ9/LQ4
Advantage: LSx

Hundreds of people on this very site have taken as delivered LSx bottom ends over 600hp at the crank. QUite a few have taken them over 600whp. I'll take your word on this and say DRAW

Tuner market is endless: In my area it's easier for me to get GM parts than Mitsubishi parts. How many aftermarket heads available for the 4g63? How many companies produce Cams for the 4G63? I'm willing to bet the LSx engines show a higher number on both counts. Advantage: LSx

The block itself is iron: LSx blocks are available in Fe. Actually the Fe version is FAR more common. Having an Fe block in and of itself proves nothing: Pointless

The heads flow exceptionally well stock!: If you do anything besides start arguments you can't win on here you'd know LSx heads are some of the best flowing and more importantly PERFORMING heads for any production engine EVER made.The 4g63's heads are obviously adequete for big power but how do they hold up in endurance apps? How well do they really flow? This information is available on this very site for the LSx heads so until you bring some hard proof :Advantage LSx

Able to hit low 11's with stock turbo (no nos):N.O.S= NITROUS OXIDE SYSTEMS. That's the name of a company. N2O or Nitrous Oxide is onea chemical that is injected into an engine to increase power levels. Injecting an entire company into an engine is not only impossible as far as I know but I can guarantee you it will not improve performance.

THe LSx engines: Able to hit low 10's with cam swap and bolt ons/Able to run 9's with Stock heads,camswap and 150 shot of N2O,bolt ons/ Able to run 10's with Stock internals no power adder/etc. ad nauseum.

The 4g63 is a good motor that has proven itself useful in performance apps over the years but shooting off that it's better than this or that without better evidence will get you nowhere.

Old 02-06-2007, 03:54 PM
12 Second Club

i'd rather be slow and driving a v8 then be fast and driving a 4 banger that sounds like a pissed off bumble bee
Old 02-06-2007, 06:15 PM
Staging Lane

cantdrv55,bring that shitbox down here so I can show you proof of an 05' stock GTO running 12's.Oh,wait,I have an aftermarket catback on my car!!That's the reason it runs 12's!!And yes,the GTO can beat a EVO IX.It's a driver's race,and I am a good driver,are you?
Old 02-06-2007, 07:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BCNUL8R
To answer your question YES there are GTO's that have run 12.9's stock. I witnessed an 05 gto run 12.6x with nothing but a tune on stock rubber.
So now a tune is stock? I've seen Cobra's run 12's in TRUE stock form...that means just like when it came off the assembly line.
If you look on ls2gto.com you will see there are only like 3 stock GTO's in the 12's. Though I woudl wonder if they slapped some rubber on and considered them stock since they are DOT legal.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Staging Lane

cantdrv55,bring that shitbox down here so I can show you proof of an 05' stock GTO running 12's.Oh,wait,I have an aftermarket catback on my car!!That's the reason it runs 12's!!And yes,the GTO can beat a EVO IX.It's a driver's race,and I am a good driver,are you?
E-race ftw!

Yep..you are correct..catback makes it not stock.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 00slowredz
i'd rather be slow and driving a v8 then be fast and driving a 4 banger that sounds like a pissed off bumble bee
13.5 @ 106...you've got the slow part down.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Staging Lane

I suppose EVERY 06' GTO owner reports to ls1gto.com with their 12 second time slips.But,I guess you know everything,a stock GTO run 12's?Oh,that's almost impossible!The LS2 is very tight when brand new,and really opens up between 5-10,000 miles.It really is a different running car after it breaks in.Additionally,learning to launch these cars is somewhat difficult because of the irs rear on them.If one knows how to drive this car,and it's broken in,it'll run 12's all day.Ever drove one?Probably not.You're missing out,I sell cars for a living,drive all kinds of different cars,and I'm telling you the GTO's are a blast.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:10 PM
10 Second Club

So now a tune is stock? I've seen Cobra's run 12's in TRUE stock form...that means just like when it came off the assembly line.
If you look on ls2gto.com you will see there are only like 3 stock GTO's in the 12's. Though I woudl wonder if they slapped some rubber on and considered them stock since they are DOT legal.
Actually there are 5 ls2 gto's listed on ls2gto.com bone stock in the 12's and that means stock from air filter to tires. The one I mentioned running 12.6x with just a tune I would not consider stock, but was only an example of what the cars are capable of with just a tune and no other mods. It was also an auto which are held back by torque management that's why a tune helped out so much.

Yes 03/04 cobra's are impressive with what they can do with just bolt ons what does that have to do with evo's?
Old 02-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Launching!

Damn, I knew I should have bought one of those pimped Lancers.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:21 PM
TECH Resident

I suppose EVERY 06' GTO owner reports to ls1gto.com with their 12 second time slips.But,I guess you know everything,a stock GTO run 12's?Oh,that's almost impossible!The LS2 is very tight when brand new,and really opens up between 5-10,000 miles.It really is a different running car after it breaks in.Additionally,learning to launch these cars is somewhat difficult because of the irs rear on them.If one knows how to drive this car,and it's broken in,it'll run 12's all day.Ever drove one?Probably not.You're missing out,I sell cars for a living,drive all kinds of different cars,and I'm telling you the GTO's are a blast.
No no this is all wrong. We can't have this.

I suppose EVERY 06' GTO owner reports to ls1gto.com with their 12 second time slips. But,I guess you know everything,a stock GTO run 12's?Oh,that's almost impossible! The LS2 is very tight when brand new, and really opens up between 5-10,000 miles. It really is a different running car after it breaks in. Additionally ,learning to launch these cars is somewhat difficult because of the irs rear on them. If one knows how to drive this car, and it's broken in, it'll run 12's all day. Ever drove one? Probably not. You're missing out, I sell cars for a living, drive all kinds of different cars, and I'm telling you the GTO's are a blast.
Fixed. Much better.

Originally Posted by BCNUL8R
Actually there are 5 ls2 gto's listed on ls2gto.com bone stock in the 12's and that means stock from air filter to tires. The one I mentioned running 12.6x with just a tune I would not consider stock, but was only an example of what the cars are capable of with just a tune and no other mods. It was also an auto which are held back by torque management that's why a tune helped out so much.

Yes 03/04 cobra's are impressive with what they can do with just bolt ons what does that have to do with evo's?
Why would you mention said car if you yourself didn't consider it stock? This one always amuses me when it comes to folks quoting numbers. "Oh oh that car ran this with just this and that. Sure it's not 'stock' but it's pretty close so I'll include it in my argument." Why not just quote the times posted by the bone stock cars? Oh I know, because they wouldn't look as impressive.

Despite the fact that I've seen LS2 Goats run high 12 1/4s from the factory they're still considered low 13 second cars folks. Just because the best of the best can wring out every last 10th from these things it's not realistic to call them 12 second cars simply because a few folks managed to rip off some incredibly good times. Sort of how GM quoted the first 385hp C5 Z06 as being able to run from 0-60 in 4.0 seconds flat. Yah with one of their test drivers behind the wheel power shifting the **** out of the thing. Doesn't sound very realistic to me.

I guess what I don't understand is WTF is so hard about admitting that a Goat is NOT capable of eating an Evo for lunch and that their straight line figures are actually pretty close? Thank God we don't get the UK only FQ-360 here otherwise you folks would be pissing yourselves and crying like a bunch of bitches all the way home.

I can't wait until the 5th Gen arrives as it'll give you folks something to do rather than sit around and complain. These petty arguments remind me of when the blue oval camp would throw hissy fits about getting dusted by LS1s and then chalk it up to the fact that the bow tie guys "had an unfair advantage with their 1.1L of additional displacement WAH WAAAAHHHH." Then when the '03 TC showed up to play ball and the GM guys were without a pony car the GM ladies bitched and moaned about how their '02s were faster than '99-'01 Mustangs and how the Ford guys were "cheating" by going with forced induction. "You couldn't do it without displacement." "Yah well you couldn't do it without 4 cams and a blower." At this rate I could probably walk a Goat and an Evo in the 1/4 mile on a Segway because both drivers would be too busy whining about which one of them was faster. I swear, sometimes you guys really are a bunch of pussies.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

A beating? Really? That's funny because a friend of mine with an '05 GTO said he ran across an Evo when he was stock and it dusted his ***.
I believe there is going to be an Evo X in '08. What upgrades are they doing to the GTO for the '08 model year?

I like your little rant you typed up there. Judging by your obvious lack of proper English usage, I'm assuming you fall into the "teenage kids" category that you try to lambaste.
Yes really a beating, it was sad actually, there was two of them both white. The first stepped up BOOM got beat down like a little 4banger bitch should! Then after his bitch *** dropped back the other evo stepped up because he wanted a shot at the title. Umm can you say 3-4 cars easily EVO'S SUCK plain and simple. So shortly after the goat laid down the hand of god on these **** poor excuses for a car I turned on the highway BEGGING them for a highway run. And they did what you would probably do or any ricer would do they pussied out and wanted no part of it, because they knew that their little 4door would flat on its face and is no match for ls engine up top Oh and I for one would like to see a pic of your "stable" all together in 1 shot, not that I don't believe you or anything just interested. This kid must live his life a 1/4 mile at a time. 4 cylinder's LMFAO!! give me a break.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:36 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by bruddah_man_matt
No no this is all wrong. We can't have this.

Fixed. Much better.

Why would you mention said car if you yourself didn't consider it stock? This one always amuses me when it comes to folks quoting numbers. "Oh oh that car ran this with just this and that. Sure it's not 'stock' but it's pretty close so I'll include it in my argument." Why not just quote the times posted by the bone stock cars? Oh I know, because they wouldn't look as impressive.

Despite the fact that I've seen LS2 Goats run high 12 1/4s from the factory they're still considered low 13 second cars folks. Just because the best of the best can wring out every last 10th from these things it's not realistic to call them 12 second cars simply because a few folks managed to rip off some incredibly good times. Sort of how GM quoted the first 385hp C5 Z06 as being able to run from 0-60 in 4.0 seconds flat. Yah with one of their test drivers behind the wheel power shifting the **** out of the thing. Doesn't sound very realistic to me.

I guess what I don't understand is WTF is so hard about admitting that a Goat is NOT capable of eating an Evo for lunch and that their straight line figures are actually pretty close? Thank God we don't get the UK only FQ-360 here otherwise you folks would be pissing yourselves and crying like a bunch of bitches all the way home.

I can't wait until the 5th Gen arrives as it'll give you folks something to do rather than sit around and complain. These petty arguments remind me of when the blue oval camp would throw hissy fits about getting dusted by LS1s and then chalk it up to the fact that the bow tie guys "had an unfair advantage with their 1.1L of additional displacement WAH WAAAAHHHH." Then when the '03 TC showed up to play ball and the GM guys were without a pony car the GM ladies bitched and moaned about how their '02s were faster than '99-'01 Mustangs and how the Ford guys were "cheating" by going with forced induction. "You couldn't do it without displacement." "Yah well you couldn't do it without 4 cams and a blower." At this rate I could probably walk a Goat and an Evo in the 1/4 mile on a Segway because both drivers would be too busy whining about which one of them was faster. I swear, sometimes you guys really are a bunch of pussies.
You're right I should have never mentioned the car with a tune running 12.6, but I never tried to say it was stock or tried to mislead anyone. You don't know me at all I NEVER make excuses when I lose I just go back to the drawing board and try to figure out how to get faster. The gto lost in the video and I'm not making excuses about that. He called gto's a piece of **** thats the only reason I ever replied in this thread. I don't like the looks of evo's but you don't see me calling them pieces of **** on the net. People don't like gto's because they're ugly and slow. If that's the way you feel then don't buy one and I'll continue to enjoy mine.

Now calling me a ***** on the internet ya that makes you so much more of a man doesn't it. You don't know a thing about me.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:23 PM
Staging Lane

BCNUL8R,you don't have to call the EVO's pieces of ****,BUT I WILL.
Those cars suck.And regardless of whether one ever beats me or not,I will always hate them.I hate the fact knowing I put all that money in my 4g63 knowing now I could've put it in my ls2 and had TWICE the car.And oh yeah,
I had awd in my talon,I didn't like it.I much prefer spinning the hell out of my back tires and kicking it sideways.AWD always breaks too.I launched my talon at 5,000+rpm's and prayed every time nothing would break.Rarely was I successful.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:06 PM
12 Second Club

13.5 @ 106...you've got the slow part down.
hahaha i've had my car since may and it has a catback and an slp flopac bud....no, its not that fast yet. Cam and gear swap that i'll be doin in a week or so might make you rethink your statement though. better not bring anything less then that cobra if you ever come to pittsburgh and put your money where your mouth is tough guy but hell, you could always just keep talkin **** and own up to bein a bench racer I had an eclipse with a built up 4g63 and SOLD IT for an fbod....so sorry if im not impressed by an evo
Old 02-06-2007, 11:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

CantDRV55: You are a ******. How many evos are in the 9's? like 1? whattabout the 10's? Like 5?

Your **** is weak, and so are 90% of the evos i have seen. A 12.2 is slow. That GTO is slow too. No one gives a ****.

When your stupid *** has something worth a ****, come back and start running your mouth. because all i see is a damn ****** with a huge ego that feels the need to run his mouth online like a ragging female with no ice cream in sight.

Every single person in this thread would walk your **** like it was standing still. if youd like to try me, or any of the people in my area with ANY evo or car your gay *** has, come see me. we can do track, or street. Bring your checkbook, and duct tape your headlights in.

EDIT: bring that bike too if you want, ive got somethin for that ***.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by VENGEANCE
CantDRV55: You are a ******. How many evos are in the 9's? like 1? whattabout the 10's? Like 5?

Your **** is weak, and so are 90% of the evos i have seen. A 12.2 is slow. That GTO is slow too. No one gives a ****.

When your stupid *** has something worth a ****, come back and start running your mouth. because all i see is a damn ****** with a huge ego that feels the need to run his mouth online like a ragging female with no ice cream in sight.

Every single person in this thread would walk your **** like it was standing still. if youd like to try me, or any of the people in my area with ANY evo or car your gay *** has, come see me. we can do track, or street. Bring your checkbook, and duct tape your headlights in.

EDIT: bring that bike too if you want, ive got somethin for that ***.
eewwwww somebody just got owned.....hard.