Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

07 Z06 vs 07 911 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reject
ahahaha no, porsche are for going fast in TURNS, not straights.
Wow... you're living up to your screename.... lets try again. They use that excuse to knock the Corvette. They like to say that the car is only fast in a straight line and can't turn. They're wrong.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

meh porsche ftw
Old 02-07-2007, 03:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by reject
meh porsche ftw

I wouldnt normally say this, but i would take the Z over the 997. Hard to resist a 427 vette that has 10's potential bone stock.

Plus, most women wouldnt be able to tell the difference between a vette and a ferrari.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well from what I understand in one issure of Road and Track the C6 Z06 out handled everything except the Ferrari F430.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 71camaro
Well from what I understand in one issure of Road and Track the C6 Z06 out handled everything except the Ferrari F430.
They are just mad because "Plastic" is knocking on their doors in their 100+,000 machines. They can't fathom the king of plastic is pacing their ungodly flat 6's.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by VENGEANCE
I wouldnt normally say this, but i would take the Z over the 997. Hard to resist a 427 vette that has 10's potential bone stock.

Plus, most women wouldnt be able to tell the difference between a vette and a ferrari.

They will when they look at the badge and one says cheby and the other porshe! Big difference!
Old 02-07-2007, 06:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 25psi
They will when they look at the badge and one says cheby and the other porshe! Big difference!

I doubt it. most of the chicks i run into at the club are either too ignorant or too drunk to know the difference.

I was home from school at one point and took my moms stock C6 to the bank. A girl coming out asked me if it was a ferrari
Old 02-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Possible Bad Trader

IIRC the ZO6 turned a quicker lap ant the Nurburgring than the 997TT and was only a few seconds off the lap time set by the Carrera GT.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

If I were to drive it for years..Porsche wins all over the place.....drive for 2-5 years..probably the vette...probably sell the Porsche after 5 years and buy a year old vette then...I dunno really--hard choice....Porsche cars are really nice...a friend has a 2002 911 Turbo...helluva car..feels like its on rails at 80 in a turn...best car I have ever been in..and I have been in C5"s...no comparison really.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tunedportterror
IIRC the ZO6 turned a quicker lap ant the Nurburgring than the 997TT and was only a few seconds off the lap time set by the Carrera GT.

It actually beat this in the Nurburgring which is all decked out by Porsche with a rollcage.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:10 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by RiceKilla
It actually beat this in the Nurburgring which is all decked out by Porsche with a rollcage.

That is also an all motor 6 cyl that many people DD, so that doesn't say too much for your argument.. Most people on this site have a very scewed perspective of what a nice car actually is. Let me break it down for everyone, Mustangs and Camaros are not nice cars. Vettes are awesome, that is untill you climb inside them. Porsche Turbos are amazing, beautiful, fast, and exotic machines.. If it wasn't for the performance stats of the current Z06 the vette wouldn't even be put in the same league as even the older 911 turbos. I guess my point is a cheaply moded fox body could beat both of them in straight line performance, but in the end you're still driving a fox body.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by _Zac
That is also an all motor 6 cyl that many people DD, so that doesn't say too much for your argument.. Most people on this site have a very scewed perspective of what a nice car actually is. Let me break it down for everyone, Mustangs and Camaros are not nice cars. Vettes are awesome, that is untill you climb inside them. Porsche Turbos are amazing, beautiful, fast, and exotic machines.. If it wasn't for the performance stats of the current Z06 the vette wouldn't even be put in the same league as even the older 911 turbos. I guess my point is a cheaply moded fox body could beat both of them in straight line performance, but in the end you're still driving a fox body.

+1

Hop in an LS460L, an S class mercedes, etc. Slow as *****, but holy **** nice.

A porsche is a "nicer" car overall. but to be honest, i have never been one to need the NICEST interior on my "fun" car. The vette interior is 'nice." As good as a porsche? no. but who gives a ****, its a purpose built car. Ill take a 10.8 @ 129 on drag radials with a fairly nice interior over an 11.8 @ 122 with a really nice interior anyday.

Just my opinion. Opinions are like ********, everyone has one.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:02 AM
Teching In

Oh my god.....it's an all motor 6 cyl..... are you seriously using that argument. "Its really fast for being only 6 cyl" "My brother's really smart for being legally retarded". Chevy didn't make porsche use a N/A 6 cyl they chose too, and it just so happens that there all-out track car doesn't bring enough to the table to keep up.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:02 AM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by FattyMcTrickle
Oh my god.....it's an all motor 6 cyl..... are you seriously using that argument. "Its really fast for being only 6 cyl" "My brother's really smart for being legally retarded". Chevy didn't make porsche use a N/A 6 cyl they chose too, and it just so happens that there all-out track car doesn't bring enough to the table to keep up.
That's a low 12 second car at 117 mph.. I'd say that's pretty impressive seeing it was ment to go around small circits not drag race, but why am I trying to convince you? Having never known a nice car you wouldn't know what any of us are talking about when we say we would take the 911.

Like I said before anyone can polish a turd, but in the end it's still a turd. If it ment losing every race to every polished turd out there I'd still be driving a Porsche and you would still be in your turd.

Where did this turn into the GT3 vs the Z06 anyway?
Old 02-08-2007, 06:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

right above my post saying "what about the GT3 RS " lol
Old 02-08-2007, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
best car I have ever been in..and I have been in C5"s...no comparison really.
There is a MASSIVE difference in a C5 Corvette's handling characteristcs depending on how it's optioned. A base suspension equipped car on stock runflats is quite different than a Z06 hardtop on super cars let alone one with a little lowering and a proper allignment. I have a Z06 lowered 1" w/ an agressive but still streetable allignment... it's a completely different car than my father's stock Z06 and lightyears ahead of my mother's base '99 vert.

I've driven TT Porsches... they're solid under braking because of the squatting that comes w/ the rear weight bias, but they're rather scary in turns as it's very easy to get off-throttle oversteer.

Even porsche owners will tell you, "Porsche... bad design engineered to perfection."
Old 02-08-2007, 09:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the 911 owner spent too much money
Old 02-08-2007, 04:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

But you really cant say that Camaro's and Mustangs are not nice without saying thats Your Opinion. There are plenty of people that think they Camaro's and Mustangs are nice. Hell there are people that think Civics are nice. I do understand though with what you're saying. Most people dont know really how nice some higher end cars are, because they dont have money to know or dont know people who have high end cars like that. So what Im saying is that its totaly on personal preference on what you may think is nice.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

it's also becuase some people are haters that some other people are able to afford nicer things...
Old 02-08-2007, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sweet runs......

Proves yet again that America (especially GM) can produce some great muscle cars, sports cars.....and now a badass supercar!!