Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

07 Z06 vs 07 911 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 02:05 PM
TECH Pimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02 Camaro SS
Uhhh, if it wasn't for the performance of any of these cars there wouldn't even be a topic to discuss. If you have no concern about performance than you're on the wrong website.
No see that's where you're wrong big guy.. I have plenty of concern about performance. You just have no concern about style.. When you get some you'll see what I'm talking about, and why the 911>Z06.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read through about 1/2 of this thread...it seems like everyone is knocking the z06 because it isnt a "track" car and the porchse is...I think people need to realize that the 2007 z06 is an AMAZING Track car, and if you watch the show Top Gear when they take the 911 Turbo around the track vs the 06-07 z06, you'll see the z06 owns the turbo!

ha HA.

z06 FTW Thats my final answer.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:23 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by phrozen755
I read through about 1/2 of this thread...it seems like everyone is knocking the z06 because it isnt a "track" car and the porchse is...I think people need to realize that the 2007 z06 is an AMAZING Track car, and if you watch the show Top Gear when they take the 911 Turbo around the track vs the 06-07 z06, you'll see the z06 owns the turbo!

ha HA.

z06 FTW Thats my final answer.
No one is knocking the Z06.. We're simply laughing at the kids talking **** about the obviously nicer porsche.. Everyone in here knows about the vette.. That's no secret, but unfortunatly half the people in here don't have a clue about the 911.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:05 PM
On The Tree

i would take the porshe over the z06 any day. it would be way more of a better daily driver. and just a better car over all.

are there any vids of a c6 Z vs. a Carrera GT?
Old 02-10-2007, 03:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LSfast1
i would take the porshe over the z06 any day. it would be way more of a better daily driver. and just a better car over all.

are there any vids of a c6 Z vs. a Carrera GT?
The porshce is "nicer" car as far as like interior, but i dont understand how any of you can say its a "better" car, its slower, and doesnt handle as good. IMO looks better.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by VENGEANCE
The porshce is "nicer" car as far as like interior, but i dont understand how any of you can say its a "better" car, its slower, and doesnt handle as good. IMO looks better.

better car overall. what would you want to drive 365 days a year? through rain and snow? c6 z06 or a 911 turbo with awd?
Old 02-10-2007, 03:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you guys live in the REAL WORLD?(zac and reject), obviously a car that costs half of what another one does and can chalk up BETTER performance is the better car. This vette can handle in the corners. AND yes Ive been in ****** Bentleys to know what a GOOD car is(which I doubt zac and reject can say) and know a bit about BUILD QUALITY. I HAD to read all the posts by the porsche guys...made me **** my pants, i wonder if they are all that confused about their sexuality!!! the porsches fit and finish is probably a BIT better, but for double the price, isnt that the least they should be doing?!??!?!?!?!
Old 02-10-2007, 03:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

better car overall. what would you want to drive 365 days a year? through rain and snow? c6 z06 or a 911 turbo with awd?

I wouldnt drive a 911 turbo or a z06 in the rain or snow, id buy a Range or some SUV to drive everyday.

Thats a pretty ricer argument. And i say again, how is it a "better car overall" when you are only paying for a nicer interior and the porsche name?

The z06 is faster, handles better, and IMO looks better. So please tell me how the 911 is still a "better car overall"?

And i cant believe you even asked which one you want to drive in the snow. Thats is the most ricer comment in this thread.

Next it will be the gas mileage. Lame.

And to answer your question, i would rather drive the vette 365 days a year.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

I wouldnt drive a 911 turbo or a z06 in the rain or snow, id buy a Range or some SUV to drive everyday.

Thats a pretty ricer argument. And i say again, how is it a "better car overall" when you are only paying for a nicer interior and the porsche name?

The z06 is faster, handles better, and IMO looks better. So please tell me how the 911 is still a "better car overall"?

And i cant believe you even asked which one you want to drive in the snow. Thats is the most ricer comment in this thread.

Next it will be the gas mileage. Lame.

And to answer your question, i would rather drive the vette 365 days a year.
its about practicality. i'm thinking the 911 would be a more "tame" car to drive around in. could get a tiptronic. where as z06 you could only get a manual. 911 is a better (more practical) daily driver car. but i woudl take the z06 for speed over it if thats all i was interested in.

loved the ricer attacks btw.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

its about practicality. i'm thinking the 911 would be a more "tame" car to drive around in. could get a tiptronic. where as z06 you could only get a manual. 911 is a better (more practical) daily driver car. but i woudl take the z06 for speed over it if thats all i was interested in.

loved the ricer attacks btw.

Have you driven a Z06? I have, for a few hours straight a few months back. In traffic, highway, and through town. It is PERFECTLY capable of daily driving duty.

The 911 is not a more practical daily driven car. You want to talk practical?

$66,900 > $120,000

and thats how much both of the owners paid for their rides, i know because i asked them both.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:49 PM
10 Second Club

The 911 is not a more practical daily driven car. You want to talk practical?

$66,900 > $120,000

and thats how much both of the owners paid for their rides, i know because i asked them both.

Hmmmmm..... I smellllll OWWWWNNAAAGGEEE!!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2007, 04:55 PM
TECH Addict

Sweet
Old 02-10-2007, 05:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1QuickT-A
Hmmmmm..... I smellllll OWWWWNNAAAGGEEE!!!!!!!!

If youre referring to the fact i typed "66,900 is greater than 120k" i did it on purpose. It meant that the vettes price is greater than as in better, not literally.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by _Zac
No see that's where you're wrong big guy.. I have plenty of concern about performance. You just have no concern about style.. When you get some you'll see what I'm talking about, and why the 911>Z06.
No concern about style? First of all they are both built for performance so of course that's gonna be number one on the list. Second of all I still think the Z06 looks better than any porsche out there. With double the price tag I sure hope the Porsche has a better interior but when buying a high performance car, that's not the most important thing in my mind. Neither car is intended for snow so that is a moot point. Way to try to pass your opinion off as fact in your condescending posts.

And rather than say everything again, i agree 100% with everything Vengeance has said.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Porsche's are German cars....they are designed to be in snow...http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...che+snow&hl=en
Old 02-10-2007, 09:38 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by 02 Camaro SS
No concern about style? First of all they are both built for performance so of course that's gonna be number one on the list. Second of all I still think the Z06 looks better than any porsche out there. With double the price tag I sure hope the Porsche has a better interior but when buying a high performance car, that's not the most important thing in my mind. Neither car is intended for snow so that is a moot point. Way to try to pass your opinion off as fact in your condescending posts.

And rather than say everything again, i agree 100% with everything Vengeance has said.
Just when I thought that there was no way you guys could make yourselves out to look any dumber, you go and type out the above. Honestly I'm tired of people on this site who have 305 Camaros and bolt on ls1's telling others how to be fast, or what is to be considered nice. I have my buddy who owns a C6 Z06 right next to me as I'm typing this, and he's shaking his head at you kids.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:47 PM
Teching In

What the **** is my problem? What is yours? I said I'd rather have the 911 and you kids keep getting all butt hurt when I list the million and one reasons why. Don't be angry, just say "_Zac you obviously know a lot about cars, and maybe one day when I'm ****** one hundred I'll know half as much as you did about this." Then we'll be pals.
quack, quack, quack
Old 02-10-2007, 11:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just when I thought that there was no way you guys could make yourselves out to look any dumber, you go and type out the above. Honestly I'm tired of people on this site who have 305 Camaros and bolt on ls1's telling others how to be fast, or what is to be considered nice. I have my buddy who owns a C6 Z06 right next to me as I'm typing this, and he's shaking his head at you kids.
well tell your friend its all relative to your personal prefernece, naturally a hot rodder is going to pick the vette most of the times........it doesnt mean the porsche is a weaker car, different strokes for different folks
Old 02-11-2007, 02:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Oh watch out, his friend is there laughing at us!

I daily drive an LS460L when im at home, i know what a nice car is. just because i am still in school and cant afford a 911 turbo doesnt mean i dont know what nice **** is.

Im sitting in a million dollar plus home right now typing this, inside a home theater. Not a bullshit surround sound and a 50 inch TV, a true theater with stadium seating, leather La-Z-boys, and a projector screen.

My parents have money, and i have been raised around nice things all of my life. Thankfully my parents have instilled a sense of worth into me, which is why i drive a camaro i saved up and paid for, instead of driving a 911 turbo that they bought me.

Its ignorant for you to make a broad statement like you did. I KNOW the porsche is a nice car, but you simply cannot ignore the vettes total performance dominance because you like the flashy interior of the 911.

And i didnt type this to brag about **** i didnt pay for. But simply to show you where im coming from, and that im not some 16 year old kid sitting in his parents trailer bashing a 911 turbo.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:16 AM
TECH Pimp

And i didnt type this to brag about **** i didnt pay for
Could have fooled us..