Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Spike TV's Bullrun Firebird video

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 05:55 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The show did not get alot of the information about the car right, this is why i have been chasing down every thread to tryn straighten out the fast. I love these cars so much that i would prolly be mad too if i had read all the false info. I built that car so that why i am tryn to fix all this......but people are so negative torwards it is outta control.....this is a big event for the F-Body, its the cars chance to shine against everything else. Those #'s are w/o N2O......and they car hasnt been sprayed yet at all....its was just there incase it was gonna be needed. I know there are a TON of faster FBodys out there, but this one made the call.......and really man i know we all know how much this "life" can cost and i know 60k is alot....and maybe thats not what he has in it, but maybe he does. I'll never know that answer but it really doesnt matter at all. All im looking for is support from one of the biggest and baddest communitys out there. Were all here for the same things, and i apologize for some of the comments that have been upsetting people..... you all know what is correct and what isnt. Anyways i hope watching the show will change peoples minds and perspectives.....He (Mike Alsop) is one helluva cool dude and a killer boss to work for, he the type that always has your back and will definately take car of his employees. I know he brought me here from Hawaii and covered all the expenses for me and my TA to get here. Enjoy the show!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 07:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
LOL trans am ram air. Who cares, it's a TAs most distinctive feature. You need to get out more and stop sweating the silly BS.
Actually it doesn't matter if its the most distinctive feature or not. When your on a TV show representing the f-body community you should probably get your facts straight. He looks like a total dumb *** calling it that.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The price should have been just the price of CURRENT mods on the car. So the Lambo guys will say they have $300K into the car?
Old 03-13-2007, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BOILER_WS6
Just wanted to let you know that's my girlfriend and her father in that car. The information that SpikeTV put on the website wasn't written correctly. Instead of hating just be happy that an F-Body is actually getting represented somewhere mainstream and people will know the amazing power the cars have.
oh you mean so that everyone thinks it takes 60,000$ to get 400 horsepower with a t/a? yeahhh id love everyone mainstream to think that
Old 03-13-2007, 08:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by _JB_
I can already tell it's the wrong people driving that car. So they have a 2002 with $60,000 of full exhaust, "ls6 intake", ls6 Lingenfelter heads, and suspension. Where the hell did the other $48,000 go? I was really excited to see this show because I thought I saw a 98-02 T/A in the previews, but now I'm having second thoughts.

Edit: After reading all the specs on what's done to the car, I'm pretty pissed. 150 shot of nitrous and it's only making 486HP and 400tq? WTF! I had a 150 shot on my car with the mods below and I made 396rwhp and 515RWTQ on a Mustang dyno! Lies, lies, lies. These two are going to make the F-body look bad...Michael Jackson bad.

Here is a list of the "mods" done to the engine,

"LS6 Intake Manifold; 90mm throttle body; 42lb SVO injectors; FLP ceramic coated long tube headers; Flowmaster cat back exhaust; ARP pushrods; Lingenfelter Ls6 cc'd, ported, polished, aluminum heads; K-Motion valve springs; stainless steel valves (sodium filled exhaust for better cooling); roller 1.7 aluminum rocker arms; ARP connecting rod bolts; 160 degree thermostat; custom LS1 edit Dyno Tuning; General Motors LS hotcam; hydraulic roller lifters; 4L60e transmission; 4200 "yank" torque converter; 150 shot nitrous oxide injection system. "

Oh and here is the "suspension"
"Qa1 24 way adjustable shocks front and rear; Crome Molly tubular upper and lower control arms front; Eibach springs; carbon fiber rear control arms; larger diamter front and rear sway bars."

And the brakes,
"Baer cross drilled rotors front and rear; ceramic brake pads; 3:42 limited slip rear end; double diamond frame stiffeners; brass/neoprene bushing's suspension; MTI airbox; Goodyear F1 tires."

I guess people are using MTI lids for braking now. What the hell was I thinking putting it on the intake of my car?

So I guess they bought a 90mm ls6 intake to match the TB? Why the **** waste the money on it when a FAST intake would blow it away for probably a few hundred more. Oh and look, a FLOWMASTER catback! Oh they have a cam too, hmm there are quite a few cars on here with just h/c making 430rwhp with NO N2O.

I'm seriously pissed off here. Give me $25,000 and I could make my car beat the living **** out of "Team 9" car.
Looks like I'm an *** after I found out the true story behind the car. Damn Spike TV and their misinformation lol
Old 03-13-2007, 08:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 00firebird
oh you mean so that everyone thinks it takes 60,000$ to get 400 horsepower with a t/a? yeahhh id love everyone mainstream to think that
Yeah that's what I was kinda pissed about. Hopefully the show will explain a lot more than the preview.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:37 PM
TECH Junkie

its showing now. looks freakin awesome so far. lot of cool cars and action!
Old 03-13-2007, 09:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

I started watching right before this challenge they just did and so far this show sucks hard. The guy with the TA called the trans am the best car gm has ever built, yeah right. The dumbass also said his car had a four sixty LE transmission.

The challenge was ******* retarded "lets strap poles to your car with spikes on em' and smash light bulbs to show which car has the best suspension."????

Also watching them just cruising around to the next challenge I havent seen anything remotely exciting, and I know most of us on here wouldnt even be watching this show if there wasnt a TA in it. We all already know how shitty spikes car shows are from their stupid saturday morning powerblock shows.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 00firebird
That's not what I'm saying at all. I was just saying that for the first time that I can remember there is a WS6 on mainstream Television and in the public spotlight. A lot of people don't know much about those cars and this is a way for more people to see how badass they are. Would you rather see this car on television or a Honda Civic? I just think it's a great thing for the F-Body community.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by farnoush
I started watching right before this challenge they just did and so far this show sucks hard. The guy with the TA called the trans am the best car gm has ever built, yeah right. The dumbass also said his car had a four sixty LE transmission.

The challenge was ******* retarded "lets strap poles to your car with spikes on em' and smash light bulbs to show which car has the best suspension."????

Also watching them just cruising around to the next challenge I havent seen anything remotely exciting, and I know most of us on here wouldnt even be watching this show if there wasnt a TA in it. We all already know how shitty spikes car shows are from their stupid saturday morning powerblock shows.
i was laughing my *** off at the challenge. the lambo dude was like "damn, i do not want to dragrace him" refering to the TA

once there are less cars, they will probably focus on each car a little more.

tampon in the radiator- classic. just wait till these cars start breakin down and ****.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:56 PM
TECH Addict

Its would be great to have a high powered T/A, something in the range of 600hp. But who cares i think the T/A just got to the checkpoint first. I think the show is whatever just want the T/A to win since it is a T/A.
-Joel

**Well **** i just saw they got 5th place, not bad but **** they are driving a TRANS AM. If they stuck me on a show like that i would think...Smokey and the Bandit, and have a complete lack of respect for the law. So the team with the TA needs to put the whole family bonding **** aside and just go WOT.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DriveATransAm
i was laughing my *** off at the challenge. the lambo dude was like "damn, i do not want to dragrace him" refering to the TA

once there are less cars, they will probably focus on each car a little more.

tampon in the radiator- classic. just wait till these cars start breakin down and ****.
The show has potential but what they need to do is start showing them speeding or something, for a supposed "road rally" I havent seen one car break the speed limit the way it should be broken. And they need to change the challenges to ACTUAL challenges, for example have them all bracket race eachother or time trial on a road course, autoX, etc.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by farnoush

He said it was one of the best cars built.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:34 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So far the show looks good.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:08 PM
Launching!

HA... They didnt even do the fernco bellows mod OR the TB heater bypass. :doh:
Old 03-14-2007, 12:26 AM
Launching!

I'll watch it because its the only car related show on Tuesday nights here in my area
and for the f-body.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:30 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Originally Posted by FbodyAttraction
HA... They didnt even do the fernco bellows mod OR the TB heater bypass. :doh:
LOL are you serious...
Old 03-14-2007, 03:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by clayton02LS1
Speakin of that! I went to a dealership here in Claremore to mess around in (i mean test drive *cough*) a black Z and the exhaust was cut off and I was talkin to the salesman and I said "it needs an exhaust" and he was like yeah "put some flowmasters on it?" I said "No." Lol he shut his mouth the rest of the time. The car was slow btw

which dealership? stay away from zebra sales, their owner crashed a plane near grand lake while entoxicated and he has been sellin those used cars and trade ins w/o payin back the companies he owes money too and did some fraud with the titles.....huuuuuuuge ordeal.....a girl at my moms work is his gf and last i heard was freakin out bc she had no clue about this and was hopin he didnt buy all her crap with it...id be willing to bet he tied up a lot of that money in her too

fyi-last time i talked to my mom about it was around a month ago

Last edited by LT1_Hawk; 03-14-2007 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:34 PM
TECH Junkie

did anyone notice the couple TA clips (dont remember if they were animated) they showed an lt1 style ta
Old 03-14-2007, 04:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

The show ended up being ok, hopefully when there starts to be less teams they will get a little more indepth, show some better rallying, and actually have cooler challenges like drag racing, road courses, off road courses, and some arrests/pursuits would be great, it's just awesome that there is finally a 4th gen ls1 fbody being represented on TV