oh no they didnt do mods that add 0 hp
Old 03-14-2007, 05:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what time does it come on. id like to watch it
Old 03-14-2007, 06:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

10pm on spike. I had to tivo it cause on the damned sattelite dish it aires at 7pm.
I was surprised, it is actually ok, those chicks from LA were funny trying to hit on everyone. Those dudes in the civic are ****** ricers. Come on Dirty Rice?! What the hell kinda name is that?
Did notice however that the 240 has a RB26 in it. I wanna c that thing, the lambo and the T/A on squeeze make a run down the highway!!! **** Yeah!!!
Old 03-14-2007, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

gotta give the lambo props i think he beat the **** out of his car more than anyone else did
Old 03-14-2007, 07:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DriveATransAm
did anyone notice the couple TA clips (dont remember if they were animated) they showed an lt1 style ta
Yeah I saw that, pretty lame on Spike's part.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:28 PM
TECH Junkie

i have it saved to computer if anyone wants to see it. i gotta dub it down though cause its almost 3 gigs.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:39 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DriveATransAm
i have it saved to computer if anyone wants to see it. i gotta dub it down though cause its almost 3 gigs.
you can watch all previous episodes on http://www.spiketv.com
Old 03-15-2007, 01:25 AM
12 Second Club

60k for 440 hp? yea that car better LITERALLY blow me in the morning and then make me a cup of coffee
Old 03-17-2007, 05:48 PM
Launching!

Hey, my name is Mike alsop, It is me with my daughter in the T/A. I want you all to know that everytime I hear about the T/A it changes for me the local paper said the car made 6000 horsepower. The producers mix things up and what you eventually get to see (including the t-top holders are things they carved out and placed in the show) is their interpretation of what they think makes great tv. Their wasnt a whole bunch of people in the production crew that new a whole lot about cars(they knew how to write) The T/A makes 401 at the wheels corrected right now as we speak without NOS. As for the sixty grand comment well they asked me how much did I have in the car (estimate) they said purchase price and all the work that I have done to it. Two different motors, 4 transmissions, 4 camshafts and several sets of heads you name it. Then I guessed on the horsepower when they asked me and I said 440 on the show because we had a different cam in the car for the show than is currently in the car when it was dyno'd @ 401. The camshaft we had in the car for the show was more radical and it was tested on the dyno with 430 @ the rear wheels. I explained this all to them when they asked me but when I was done talking they asked for an estimated horsepower and with the other little mods I said approximatly 440 horsepower on the show, that is all you heard the rest is on the cutting room floor. No need to trip over the things THEY decided to put in about the car. The T/A is a potent package and runs great none of these horsepower ratings are with the NOS and currently their is no NOS on the car. The picture af the motor that you see is a picture they asked us to take. That was taken after the show and some of the modifications had been taken off the car. The reason for the changes my daughter uses the car as a daily driver. When the car got home all the glass had to be replaced and the body completely repainted and some changes in the suspension. I will tell you this we had a great time and I hope you do also watching the show. I think pound for pound the fbodies are the best GM cars ever produced.

Hope you all get a chance to Watch and enjoy!

Mike Alsop
Old 03-17-2007, 11:21 PM
TECH Regular

Guys
The in-car segments to me is exactly how it is to race these events. Being silly, Doing stupid stuff, getting lost 5 min after leaving, Getting pissed at your co-driver and not slowing down for a small town at night...... But the in-car stuff is boring. They have to have exciting challenges to make up for it.

I have raced in the Cannonball One Lap Of America 3 times. Picture the same road driving, but with real racing at the tracks. The in-car stuff you see is what really goes on when people drive a car in a race. Everything that was done on this TV show is done during the One Lap. Except the stunts. But like I said Its boring to watch. Next wk will get a little more interesting with teams having to make up time, but you can only make up so much with having the police step in. Also parts breakage becomes an issue.

I also tried out for the show. From where im sitting Now I think it might of been a good move that I was over quailifed for the Postiion. Back when they filmed in OCT, I might of had a different outlook. Dont think the car would have a straight body panel left on it after getting back. Which Mike just confirmed.

Hey Mike I dont see any radar dectectors or GPS, were they allowed>

John
Old 03-18-2007, 08:32 AM
Launching!

Default Nope

Originally Posted by Ojustracing
Guys
The in-car segments to me is exactly how it is to race these events. Being silly, Doing stupid stuff, getting lost 5 min after leaving, Getting pissed at your co-driver and not slowing down for a small town at night...... But the in-car stuff is boring. They have to have exciting challenges to make up for it.

I have raced in the Cannonball One Lap Of America 3 times. Picture the same road driving, but with real racing at the tracks. The in-car stuff you see is what really goes on when people drive a car in a race. Everything that was done on this TV show is done during the One Lap. Except the stunts. But like I said Its boring to watch. Next wk will get a little more interesting with teams having to make up time, but you can only make up so much with having the police step in. Also parts breakage becomes an issue.

I also tried out for the show. From where im sitting Now I think it might of been a good move that I was over quailifed for the Postiion. Back when they filmed in OCT, I might of had a different outlook. Dont think the car would have a straight body panel left on it after getting back. Which Mike just confirmed.

Hey Mike I dont see any radar dectectors or GPS, were they allowed>

John
No they didnt allow anything electronic no radar, gps or lap top to adjust for altitude. I guess you didnt look like a warped out charlie sheen..LOL If some one from production knew more about cars the show could have had better insight instead they put in their comments about t-top holders we will see how it all works out should be interesting. Hope you all take it as I did, a time to go out and have fun doing something I like. Been doing this all my life.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:04 AM
TECH Regular

No it was just me( They say I look like the wako guy from something about mary)LOLOLO and My Brother in-law. He is a Farmer. In the Video they wanted us to play up the Farmer in him, wear plad shirt. Then wanted us to have NEW York attitude... Which everyone thinks of New York City... I repair car for a living, my driving and previous racing experience put me a hugh advantage.

Mike I look foward to seeing the rest of the Show.. Congrats

Hey did you ever make Vancouver BC, that where I was told it was going to start?

John
Old 03-18-2007, 09:23 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ojustracing
No it was just me( They say I look like the wako guy from something about mary)LOLOLO and My Brother in-law. He is a Farmer. In the Video they wanted us to play up the Farmer in him, wear plad shirt. Then wanted us to have NEW York attitude... Which everyone thinks of New York City... I repair car for a living, my driving and previous racing experience put me a hugh advantage.

Mike I look foward to seeing the rest of the Show.. Congrats

Hey did you ever make Vancouver BC, that where I was told it was going to start?

John
No thhey didnt. Too expensive to get permits(for equip/people) to actually start in Canada and was to end in Mexico but they pulled up short their also same reasons. The only reson I think they chose us is the father daughter into cars thing. I have worked on cars all my life love to go fast built this for my daughter she loves to drive fast. I also run Mike Raisor Pontiac in Lafayette Indiana we do a lot of mods for people in the community and surrounding area. just put an undercar turbo on an 04 GTO and build lots of T/As w LS1 LT1 and do Cadillacs and Z06's. It makes it a whole lot more fun.
Thanks for the support and I hope my explaination of what I said cleared some things up. Dont want everyone to think my daughter and I are posers. But people think what they will. So what type of car or cars you got?

Mike
Old 03-24-2007, 08:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Thanks for the clarification mike. A lot of people don't know or understand cars so they wouldn't understand when the producers are trying to slip one past them. Looks like you guys had fun. Wish i got a chance to drive on something like that (not with my car of course ). Hopefully you guys made out well.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:43 PM
Launching!

i think its an alright show but i'd like to see more street racing scenes....
Old 03-27-2007, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

Don't forget to support Team Trans on TONIGHT on SpikeTV's Bullrun @ 10PM EST!!

Go Team TA!
Old 03-30-2007, 07:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mike, by now NO One should think you or your daughter are POsers brother, If they do their haters. You sound like a straight up guy and you can back up what you talk. I hope you guys win in the competition, and if you don't well, way to represent the f-body, midwest, blue collar, car guys and gals communities. Keep me posted about meets in your area or gatherings at your dealer. Will take the drive.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:50 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by malsop
Hey, my name is Mike alsop, It is me with my daughter in the T/A. I want you all to know that everytime I hear about the T/A it changes for me the local paper said the car made 6000 horsepower. The producers mix things up and what you eventually get to see (including the t-top holders are things they carved out and placed in the show) is their interpretation of what they think makes great tv. Their wasnt a whole bunch of people in the production crew that new a whole lot about cars(they knew how to write) The T/A makes 401 at the wheels corrected right now as we speak without NOS. As for the sixty grand comment well they asked me how much did I have in the car (estimate) they said purchase price and all the work that I have done to it. Two different motors, 4 transmissions, 4 camshafts and several sets of heads you name it. Then I guessed on the horsepower when they asked me and I said 440 on the show because we had a different cam in the car for the show than is currently in the car when it was dyno'd @ 401. The camshaft we had in the car for the show was more radical and it was tested on the dyno with 430 @ the rear wheels. I explained this all to them when they asked me but when I was done talking they asked for an estimated horsepower and with the other little mods I said approximatly 440 horsepower on the show, that is all you heard the rest is on the cutting room floor. No need to trip over the things THEY decided to put in about the car. The T/A is a potent package and runs great none of these horsepower ratings are with the NOS and currently their is no NOS on the car. The picture af the motor that you see is a picture they asked us to take. That was taken after the show and some of the modifications had been taken off the car. The reason for the changes my daughter uses the car as a daily driver. When the car got home all the glass had to be replaced and the body completely repainted and some changes in the suspension. I will tell you this we had a great time and I hope you do also watching the show. I think pound for pound the fbodies are the best GM cars ever produced.

Hope you all get a chance to Watch and enjoy!

Mike Alsop

Mike, I will back you up on the fact that producers of shows manipulate things to "sell the show" to the average Joe. I was actually on an episode of the MTV show Room Raiders, and lemme tell ya, they literally told me what to say.

I just wish the T/A was represented correctly...who ever is to blame, shame on them!!

Nice car..enjoy it...
Old 05-05-2007, 12:15 PM
12 Second Club

Lmao Erik, you were on Room Raiders? I gotta see that **** next time we chill! haha MTV reality shows = the suck.

Mike, regardless of all the static surrounding the show, thanks for doing well so far! The bird is lookin good. I'm gonna try and sign up myself, just for the hell of it. You only live once right?
Old 05-10-2007, 01:38 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NOIR
I'm gonna try and sign up myself, just for the hell of it. You only live once right?
I wonder who would be your partner?