Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

This thing defies physics. 1000+HP helps.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 05:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that car >>>> anything anybody owns
Old 04-04-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Walking-dead
Something else to remember is that this car is geared to go 253 miles per hour yet it still does a 10 sec. quarter mile. Considering the gearing for that top speed...that's pretty good. I'm sure with 1001hp on tap and some stickier tires a 7-8 sec. quarter mile time isn't out of reach with the right gearing. I'll bet it still would go 200mph+ as well.
the bitch has 7 or 8 gears....... i think its still got some gearing to get its ugly *** moving.......... the first 2 or 3 im sure arent a 4l80e gearing....
Old 04-04-2007, 07:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

bugatti owned I'd much rather be seen driving one of these around, I think there faster too
Old 04-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Launching!

.....yeah Veyron owns that "redneck" sounding supercar at pretty much everything. More driveable, better interior, sounds better and its pretty dumb to have a super car 1180 hp with RWD..

Yeah yeah itll do like 270 ( not proven anywhere ), but probably will stop like a train from that speed ...

There's a reason why each Veyron cost 10 Mil to make, Saleen isn't even close its just another powerhouse car.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
+1 for common sense
Old 04-04-2007, 10:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by kukri
There's a reason why each Veyron cost 10 Mil to make, Saleen isn't even close its just another powerhouse car.
But they sell them for 1.3M??????? They must make a lot of money to be discounting their car 8.7M dollars
Old 04-04-2007, 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 8ALTNG
But they sell them for 1.3M??????? They must make a lot of money to be discounting their car 8.7M dollars
they lose money on every sale. the car was an engineering exercise/project.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:45 PM
12 Second Club

Wow..

Going 253 mph is one thing..
Going 253 mph that feels like 50 mph is another things. STOPPING in time is another thing. Interior and comfort is another thing. Going 253 mph and being reliable is another thing. Going 253 in a stock car with a warranty is another thing. Increasing in value is another thing. If you can't afford it doesn't mean you have to hate on it. There is a reason why each one of those cost 10 mil to make and which is why it won't be dethroned any time soon. Yeah porsche 9ff whatever might go 254, but will it stop, will it be safe..same thing can be said about your vette. I don't hate vettes by the way..

If I was a billionaire I would get one of those instead of 10 vettes and easily instead of an Enzo. Some people actually do drive them and already wreck them.

Also that 1180hp "redneck" super car spun the tires at 190mph. It did 230 at 57 percent throttle. The driver said it was still pulling hard. That car will kill the veyron sooner then you think. If you care to read what the driver said here you go. http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=144270

.....yeah Veyron owns that "redneck" sounding supercar at pretty much everything. More driveable, better interior, sounds better and its pretty dumb to have a super car 1180 hp with RWD..

Yeah yeah itll do like 270 ( not proven anywhere ), but probably will stop like a train from that speed ...

One was wrecked big deal. The Veyron does NOT feel like 50mph at 253mph. Im pretty sure they cost just a touch under 3 mill to make.

Last edited by 67maro; 04-04-2007 at 10:53 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by killerinparadise
bugatti owned I'd much rather be seen driving one of these around, I think there faster too
Their brakes suck ***** I wouldn't trust it going 250+
Old 04-05-2007, 02:39 AM
12 Second Club

The bugatti is the ultimate car period. When you can be that fast and have that much power and still be comfortable all the ******* time! Thats it right there, the S7 yeah non adjustable seat and a horrible driving position unless your racing it and are strapped down and comfort isnt a care. But the bugatti has is all, the fact you have that much luxury and still outruns anything proven yet, thats the bottom line.

PS to 02vortech the Z06 wont do 200 stock if I remember corectly it does like 193 or something, unless that video car was fubar
Old 04-05-2007, 03:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

some people are die hard z-06 fans i can tell. the bugatti would drag the z06's dick in the damn dirt. its in a totally different league from any other car in the world. can the z06 do a faster 1/4 with some mods? yes

but will it do 0-200mph in 14 secs? nope
It wont even do 200 from the factory

can it handle good? sure
but a bugatti is GRAND TOURING CAR it can be pretty damn fast and may very well beat the z06.

the z06 will never stop as quick as the veyron either

the z06 wont never ever ever have the interior and uniqueness either.

the z06 can be made really fast no doubt, but it will give up, it simple wasnt built to take the abuse the veyron can

and last but not least the good ol WOW factor
if i see a new z06 im like oh thats nice but if you see a veyron its like GET THE CAMERA SOMEONE

and time for some facts,
*a single veyron costs 4.6 MILLION to build
*the brakes are the strongest most pwoerful brakes ever put on a road going car and cost up to 250k to make

now as far as that aero thing goes, they havent done it yet, no noes proved it. its like that dumbass lil brabus TKR 1008hp TT chevy motor and the thing weighs like 2200lbs and is supposed to top like 281mph and do 0-60 in 1.8

I dunno about yall, but I would not trust no damn 2200lb car at almsot 300mph. it would flaot all over the road, prolly like that aero thing would do at that speed. the veyron may be heavy, but did ya ever think it might be heavy for a reason. you need x amount of weight to keep a car on the ground even with the areodynamic downforce.

Last edited by Tainted; 04-05-2007 at 03:42 AM.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

A GTR 720 or a Saleen S7 Ultimate IMO would be alot better options. And the GTR runs 9's to boot.

The Bugatti was an engineering exercise, that ended up being over budget and over weight. It needed 1,000 hp which is reality closer to 1,100 hp to beat a record held by a car with 627 hp.

I appreciate great engineering at any cost. But to call a car that needs 8 liters and 4 turbos to bludgeon its 4300 lbs to 252 mph is like calling a 5500 lb Bentley Continental an engineering masterpiece.

They did things the opposite of the Mclaren F1, the Mclaren F1's performance was a result of its amazing engineering. The Bugatti on the other hand was a car that they screwed up royally. Why would any automaker announce performance figures and sign off on a design before any engineering was done?
Old 04-05-2007, 04:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I dunno about yall, but I would not trust no damn 2200lb car at almsot 300mph. it would flaot all over the road, prolly like that aero thing would do at that speed. the veyron may be heavy, but did ya ever think it might be heavy for a reason. you need x amount of weight to keep a car on the ground even with the areodynamic downforce.

The Mclaren F1 did 241 mph at ~2500 lbs , trust me the Bugatti is the weight it is because they couldn't make it meet the performance targets they already bragged about and stay under the weight they wanted and still keep the same shape. The Sledgehammer did 255 mph at ~3500 lbs. No car should weight ~4300 lbs that claims to be a sports car.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

who the hell needs to go 253 mph anyway???
Old 04-05-2007, 06:29 AM
On The Tree

I like it but I'd have to agree. What ARE you going to do with it?
It's more about bragging rights than anything else.
You can't race on the street with it. Why?
Cop: "What kind of car sped past you on the interstate at 100+ ma'am?"
'Tard soccer mom who smokes with her 3 kids in the car with the windows up but has a pro-life licence plate: "My sons say it's a Bugatti Veyron, Sir."

Gee.....that'll be hard to find. He'll just plop him self down at him computer and type out the car type with one hand whilst eating a doughnut in the other and have a list of owners of that vehicle type, and the list is as follows.
Owners of Buggati Veyron in X: (where X is your state,county,country even.)
1) You
2) MAYBE someone else....

He'll never find ya

Yeah it would be cool to have and it'd be nice to make the money to be able to afford it. But you'll never be able to open the car to it's full potential unless you're on a track, the ceiling of top end performance is too high.
Who's going to buy one just to drag race it? Ettore Bugatti him-self will rise from the grave to smite you with a hood ornament.

So, practicality is a blurry line here. If you're a track nut with tons of money or just want bragging rights and touch your self at night thinking about it's exclusivity, then this car is for you.

Edit: And about he weight factor....Ugh do you guys not watch Formula 1? NASCAR even? At those speeds you rely on aerodynamic down-force. Not "if my car isn't heavy enough it'll float away."
F-1:
"The combination of light weight (605 kg in race trim), power (950 bhp with the 3.0 L V10, 750 bhp with the 2006 regulation 2.4 L V8), aerodynamics, and ultra-high performance tyres is what gives the F1 car its performance figures." a clip from Wiki. 605 kg = 1334lbs. It's a death dance with the balance of weight and downforce.

Although, If you hit a bump and disrupt that down-force, that's your fault and nature will take it's course lol.

Last edited by 97'RS6-BucketTurd; 04-05-2007 at 06:54 AM.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:53 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 67maro
Also that 1180hp "redneck" super car spun the tires at 190mph. It did 230 at 57 percent throttle. The driver said it was still pulling hard. That car will kill the veyron sooner then you think. If you care to read what the driver said here you go. http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=144270
Thanks for pretty much proving my point, spinning tires at 190 mph oh that is awesome!!!!!!!!!

In case you didn't know Veyrons top speed is electronically limited.
Saying that it will beat Veyron is the same thing as saying Veyron is coming out with a 1250 hp 275 mph version. Who cares even if it does go faster id rather be traveling in a safe car at 252 than the death trap at 260.

Originally Posted by germeezy1
A GTR 720 or a Saleen S7 Ultimate IMO would be alot better options. And the GTR runs 9's to boot.

The Bugatti was an engineering exercise, that ended up being over budget and over weight. It needed 1,000 hp which is reality closer to 1,100 hp to beat a record held by a car with 627 hp.

I appreciate great engineering at any cost. But to call a car that needs 8 liters and 4 turbos to bludgeon its 4300 lbs to 252 mph is like calling a 5500 lb Bentley Continental an engineering masterpiece.

They did things the opposite of the Mclaren F1, the Mclaren F1's performance was a result of its amazing engineering. The Bugatti on the other hand was a car that they screwed up royally. Why would any automaker announce performance figures and sign off on a design before any engineering was done?
Yeah I'm sure that GTR and Mclaren are so extremely comfortable and are just a daily drive material.

Bugatti would've made a race car if they wanted to.

Originally Posted by 97'RS6-BucketTurd
I like it but I'd have to agree. What ARE you going to do with it?
It's more about bragging rights than anything else.
You can't race on the street with it. Why?
Cop: "What kind of car sped past you on the interstate at 100+ ma'am?"
'Tard soccer mom who smokes with her 3 kids in the car with the windows up but has a pro-life licence plate: "My sons say it's a Bugatti Veyron, Sir."

Gee.....that'll be hard to find. He'll just plop him self down at him computer and type out the car type with one hand whilst eating a doughnut in the other and have a list of owners of that vehicle type, and the list is as follows.
Owners of Buggati Veyron in X: (where X is your state,county,country even.)
1) You
2) MAYBE someone else....

He'll never find ya

Yeah it would be cool to have and it'd be nice to make the money to be able to afford it. But you'll never be able to open the car to it's full potential unless you're on a track, the ceiling of top end performance is too high.
Who's going to buy one just to drag race it? Ettore Bugatti him-self will rise from the grave to smite you with a hood ornament.

So, practicality is a blurry line here. If you're a track nut with tons of money or just want bragging rights and touch your self at night thinking about it's exclusivity, then this car is for you.
Are you generally speaking of all super cars?
Is there a point to this?

We should compare more race cars to Veyron. Formula 1 the best daily driver of them all beat the Veyron!! Maybe we should compare Veyron to a funny car to make fun of it getting owned in a straight line.

Wow Honda F1 car reached 258mph with minimum aerodynamics, thats soooo impressive considering it weights 3 times less than a Veyron. Oh yeah that Honda is also a daily driver and affordable.

Last edited by kukri; 04-05-2007 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:12 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
GOD ≥ CCXR > Veyron > All
Old 04-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Launching!

Geo Metro > God
Old 04-05-2007, 10:20 AM
TECH Addict

Holy Sh*t coughing at almost half the speed of sound.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Teching In

can't believe people are still arguing over that car. This thing is worth every penny of the 1.3 million. VW put so much technology and development into this car it's not even close to comparing it to ANY car, much less a C6 Z06. Lol That car is a masterpiece from front to back. Everything in this car is pure luxury. There is no car that comes close to it in any category: Luxury, performance, reliability, driveability, etc., etc.
Veyron = god

It might be a little ugly I give you that

Quick Reply: This thing defies physics. 1000+HP helps.