Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

This thing defies physics. 1000+HP helps.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 10:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 02Vortech
c6 z06- 10.8 @ 130mph $70,000 & 200mph top speed....
Buggatti-10.4 @ 143mph $1,300,000 & 253mph top speed.....
Try 11.7 @ 125-127mph iin a well driven C6 ZO6... thats a lot slower than 10.4 @ 143mph LOL
Old 04-05-2007, 10:56 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kukri
Thanks for pretty much proving my point, spinning tires at 190 mph oh that is awesome!!!!!!!!!

In case you didn't know Veyrons top speed is electronically limited.
Saying that it will beat Veyron is the same thing as saying Veyron is coming out with a 1250 hp 275 mph version. Who cares even if it does go faster id rather be traveling in a safe car at 252 than the death trap at 260.
The veyron is not limited for an aero reason, they had to change even the mirrors on that car to provide enough downforce for that car to reach 253mph. How safe do you think the Veyron is at 253 honestly have you drvien the car? Hell do you even know any one who has drove the car?

Are you generally speaking of all super cars?
Is there a point to this?

We should compare more race cars to Veyron. Formula 1 the best daily driver of them all beat the Veyron!! Maybe we should compare Veyron to a funny car to make fun of it getting owned in a straight line.
Saying the Veyron could be a daily driver is absoutly retarted. Did you see how many problems that Bugatti had with the white and blue Veyron when they brought one to the US as a press car.

Wow Honda F1 car reached 258mph with minimum aerodynamics, thats soooo impressive considering it weights 3 times less than a Veyron. Oh yeah that Honda is also a daily driver and affordable.
Once again the Veyron will not be someones daily driver. Comparing the car to a F1 car is about as stupid as comparing a busa to your RX7.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RealQuick
Try 11.7 @ 125-127mph iin a well driven C6 ZO6... thats a lot slower than 10.4 @ 143mph LOL
Road & Track got a 10.2 @ 145mph out of the Veyron. And yes that is substantially faster than a C6 Z06...145mph in the 1/4 = Hayabusa territory
Old 04-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Teching In

Although I don't have too much respect for that car, because it is heavy and overpriced...that video was actually pretty exciting. Lot of suspense.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OVER PRICED? God should reach down from the heavens to slap you across the face himself!

Every little peice of the car is 100% forged billet meterials. This includes everthing from engine components to blinker stocks.

The 253 MPH rating is GOVERNED ( I can't believe no-one mentioned this) and 253 mph is set because its a reliable top speed that the owner can achieve. Engineers state aerodynamically, the vehical will lift off if it was allowed to attain a higher speed.

The amazing attention to detail, and severe engeneering tests proformed on this vehical are simple outstanding... No other car in the world will ever be able to compete with bugatti's rarity any-time soon. The Saleen is a race car, the Buggatti is a driver, opposed to what was stated above.

I don't think any-one can ever understand these cars untill they are face to face with one. Its simply outstanding, and awe inspiring. Getting back into your run of the mill camaro or corvette you will realize just how shitty these cars are in comparison. Even the saleen, which was just built for going fast, looks like trash parked side by side.

In this aspect you look at fit and finish, as well as speed. I don't care if the car wieghed 9,000 lbs and had 4 trillion HP. I have had enough luck to see two of these machines in person, and I was baffled at how perfect it was placed togeather.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 67maro
The veyron is not limited for an aero reason, they had to change even the mirrors on that car to provide enough downforce for that car to reach 253mph. How safe do you think the Veyron is at 253 honestly have you drvien the car? Hell do you even know any one who has drove the car?
I knew that was going to come up. Obviously every car is dangerous at those speeds, but the Bugatti is a whole lot more stable and feels safer. I'm not talking about a deer popping out in front of the car, I'm talking about the car. You might want to read more reviews and watch more videos about the car. Spinning wheels/clutch whatever is wrong with that car is unacceptable at 190 mph. Obviously I've not driven the car and I'm going by other people's reviews. I do know people that own Enzos and McLarens (one person) and they are looking to get a Veyron soon. I also know several people that have ridden in every super car you can think of, maybe besides Koennigsegg, and I was always interested in hearing what they had to say about the car. I'm sure you have lots of friends that drive S7s and they just cream over how good it is of a driver car.

Saying the Veyron could be a daily driver is absoutly retarted. Did you see how many problems that Bugatti had with the white and blue Veyron when they brought one to the US as a press car.
Obviously its a very little chance if someone actually would drive one every day because of the price, however car could be daily driven easier then F1 or S7.

Once again the Veyron will not be someones daily driver. Comparing the car to a F1 car is about as stupid as comparing a busa to your RX7.
Unfortunately you completely missed the point on that one. I was replying to the other gentlemen that brought F1 car into the argument. Comparing Veyron to an F1 car isn't too far off to comparing it with a S7. AND then saying it owns the Veyron

Saying S7 owns a Veyron is as retarded as saying Big Block Chevelle drag car owns the new M5.

The 253 MPH rating is GOVERNED ( I can't believe no-one mentioned this)
I mentioned it!

Last edited by kukri; 04-05-2007 at 12:28 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:19 PM
TECH Regular

Top Gear should win an award for producing such a high quality video. That video is put together better than most high budget hollywood motion pictures.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:46 PM
12 Second Club

I knew that was going to come up. Obviously every car is dangerous at those speeds, but the Bugatti is a whole lot more stable and feels safer. I'm not talking about a deer popping out in front of the car, I'm talking about the car. You might want to read more reviews and watch more videos about the car. Spinning wheels/clutch whatever is wrong with that car is unacceptable at 190 mph. Obviously I've not driven the car and I'm going by other people's reviews. I do know people that own Enzos and McLarens (one person) and they are looking to get a Veyron soon. I also know several people that have ridden in every super car you can think of, maybe besides Koennigsegg, and I was always interested in hearing what they had to say about the car. I'm sure you have lots of friends that drive S7s and they just cream over how good it is of a driver car.
I do have one person I know of that has a silver S7. There is also a member of FCHAT who said how much faster and smoother a TT S7 is then his Murci.

Obviously its a very little chance if someone actually would drive one every day because of the price, however car could be daily driven easier then F1 or S7.
Yes for the F1 but I have no idea about the S7 its such a rare monster but there are some people who do drive them for a short while as their daily driver.

Unfortunately you completely missed the point on that one. I was replying to the other gentlemen that brought F1 car into the argument. Comparing Veyron to an F1 car isn't too far off to comparing it with a S7. AND then saying it owns the Veyron
Sorry about that man I missed that.

Saying S7 owns a Veyron is as retarded as saying Big Block Chevelle drag car owns the new M5.
I hear what your saying but even that is not really comparable. Its comparing a supercar to a supercar so thus it could be more along the lines of comparing a SL65 to a SL55, they both have power adders, but one is clearly faster for the obvious reasons.. Im not saying the Saleen is anywhere close to the car that the Veyron is because its not. But with the 1k horse kit that Saleen offers would make things very intersting to say the least.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:00 PM
On The Tree

Are you generally speaking of all super cars?
Is there a point to this?

We should compare more race cars to Veyron. Formula 1 the best daily driver of them all beat the Veyron!! Maybe we should compare Veyron to a funny car to make fun of it getting owned in a straight line.

Wow Honda F1 car reached 258mph with minimum aerodynamics, thats soooo impressive considering it weights 3 times less than a Veyron. Oh yeah that Honda is also a daily driver and affordable.

Wha? Read my post again. I wasn't COMPARING an F1 (not a McLaren F1...a Formula 1) car vs a Veyron at all. So where you got that from i have no idea.

I made mention that simply weight doesn't keep a car planted at high speeds, aerodynamic down-force is an amazingly important factor. And while explaining that i used an F1 car as an example, why? they have insane down-force.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The Veyron is an amazing car, but to praise it for it being able to be a daily driver is stupid. No one spends 1.4 million on a car and only has one car, the Veyron is a car for the ultra rich so who ******* cares what its driveability will be like? If I was a billionaire I would buy a Veyron just for its bragging rights but I would also have something that I don't need 200 mph showing to get me excited. It just highlights how good the GTR720 is Mclraren F1 beating performance and a car a Bugatti would have a difficult time keeping up with on a track.

And besides the Veyron or Enzo or Carrera GT can never be compared to an Mclaren F1 or even Saleen S7. Both cars have actual racing provenance. They weren't just some engineering exercise that have never turned one lap in competition.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 97'RS6-BucketTurd
Wha? Read my post again. I wasn't COMPARING an F1 (not a McLaren F1...a Formula 1) car vs a Veyron at all. So where you got that from i have no idea.

I made mention that simply weight doesn't keep a car planted at high speeds, aerodynamic down-force is an amazingly important factor. And while explaining that i used an F1 car as an example, why? they have insane down-force.
Alright, even though I doubt the Veyron would be very comfortable to drive at 180 mph if it weighed 1300 lbs, what is the point to the first half or your original post?

I hear what your saying but even that is not really comparable. Its comparing a supercar to a supercar so thus it could be more along the lines of comparing a SL65 to a SL55, they both have power adders, but one is clearly faster for the obvious reasons.. Im not saying the Saleen is anywhere close to the car that the Veyron is because its not. But with the 1k horse kit that Saleen offers would make things very intersting to say the least.
You're right. Need some kind of supercar in comparison that has retarded amounts of power and can't put power to the ground at 190 mph.

I bet S7 owns Murcielago in everyway.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

ha ha glad to see my reply video caused such a stir, I personally like the S7 TT better than the Bugatti, if I'm going to buy a supercar I want some that is raw, obnoxious, sexy and sleek because at this point I will not be daily driving either one I'd most likely be taking them out for fun times on the weekends or shows at best.

The Bugatti is amazing and would most likely be more reliable at top speed but who is really going to see those numbers consistently, I still at both
Old 04-06-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Resident

I dont' think to many people know the amount of refinement it takes to make a quiet (inside the cabin) 1000 horsepower street car without giving up anything at all. I've yet to see one modified ANYTHING that makes that kind of power and is still that civil...
Old 04-06-2007, 10:28 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lythropus
I dont' think to many people know the amount of refinement it takes to make a quiet (inside the cabin) 1000 horsepower street car without giving up anything at all. I've yet to see one modified ANYTHING that makes that kind of power and is still that civil...
Take your pick of the FGT's that are twin turbo. Not to mention the Vipers are pretty streetable with 10lbs of boost which is around 870rwhp.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

i just love the way people always say . . what are u ganna do with that much power. . .. or go 253 mph. . fine whats the point of driving a 1000 hp f-body on the street. . or supra. . ull never use that power legaly . . and we all give props to these guys ya they built them but there stupid for the street and we all want one . . and wish we could have them ..so why no give respect were respect were its due. .
Old 04-06-2007, 11:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lmfao this thread is great. talk about double standards gawd!
Old 04-07-2007, 04:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by shep28
Top Gear should win an award for producing such a high quality video. That video is put together better than most high budget hollywood motion pictures.
What's crazy is they do that for every segment. Top gear has better cinematography than a lot of major motion pictures. It's nuts when you realize how high the bar is now set for automotive TV shows on so many levels by that show.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah Top Gear is without a doubt one of the best car shows(to bad they are a lil biased towards american cars). This car really is an engineering marvel(altho Id say the McLaren F1 was moreso a breakthru when it was first released). But really, this car is nothin short of amazing, not many people realize how much HP it actually takes to sustain high speeds...let alone 407km/h......definately worth every penny of 1.3 million, the ****** exclusivity of such an amazing car makes it worth that much, let alone the engineering/quality of materials/the Bugatti pedigree etc.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:38 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by tristatez28lt1
Road & Track got a 10.2 @ 145mph out of the Veyron. And yes that is substantially faster than a C6 Z06...145mph in the 1/4 = Hayabusa territory
theres a guy on tech who drove a stock c6 z06 into the 10's btw. The 1/4 isnt whats so impressive about the veyron though lol its faster from 100-200 that the McClarin F1 is from 0-100, thats whats impressive.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:24 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SleeperZzZ28
theres a guy on tech who drove a stock c6 z06 into the 10's btw. The 1/4 isnt whats so impressive about the veyron though lol its faster from 100-200 that the Mclaren F1 is from 0-100, thats whats impressive.
The car has a 7.9 liter V16 that runs on 13lbs of boost. The car would produce roughly 1000rwhp if it was rwd juding by viper numbers. So even that would put the car at somewhere in the 900's for awhp which is quite high. But this is all just my opinon on the car's numbers and by no means am I an expert. The car traps in the mid 140's which a stock busa traps in the high 140's so. This car will outrun even some stripped down race cars with its 2+ ton weight which is crazy.

Quick Reply: This thing defies physics. 1000+HP helps.