Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Civic vs. GTO race pulled from rice website

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by njn63
Hate to break it to you but an f-body doesn't fit the definition of sports car either.
You're right.. an F-Body is a muscle car..
A civic is a sports car..

I have nothing against Civics.. I almost bought a hatch before I bought my Integra..
Old 09-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Tram
You're right.. an F-Body is a muscle car..
A civic is a sports car..

I have nothing against Civics.. I almost bought a hatch before I bought my Integra..
Civic is an economy car haha. I never meant to imply that it was a sports car.

Sports cars don't belong on a drag strip so I really don't know what his point was.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well that works too..

Not all F-bodies belong on a drag strip.. So mine is a sports car..
Old 09-08-2007, 06:12 PM
TECH Resident

Because on a drag strip you don't see under 5k rpm? Hell, most people in the Honda world are launching at 6k+

I know of at least 1 gt35r/2.0L car that went low 10's and I think that was at 2500 pound race weight. I also know of numerous others that are in the 10's. Keep talking, your ignorance is showing.

lol.

Hate to break it to you but an f-body doesn't fit the definition of sports car either.

Um... did you see the video?

Oh, and you ask why someone would do all that work to a Honda? Because you can find cocky people that believe stuff like this:

and then promptly take their money because they have no clue.

my car will go mid 10s... its gone 7.0 at a 101 in the 1/8th spining a hi 1.7 60...

It speaks for itself.

Honda=econoshit

f-body=sports/muscle car/drag car?

my car can go around a road course quite well being a stalled auto....Not saying a m6 wouldnt do better tho....

What can you do in that honda besides hi roll races? on the highway?
Old 09-08-2007, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mattraypharbor

I think there are quite a few Honda's out there that would surprise the crap out of you on a road course..

A very good friend of mine used to clean up with a Prelude...
Old 09-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Teching In

Your car has useless power period. why would anyone race a car that makes under 150hp untill atleast 5k+rpm. Ill sit back in my 550hp full weight stalled auto with a 4.10 gear all day lets see how close you come to CATCHING up to me after the 1/4 mile..

MAINLY I think your car is a total piece of **** and a waste of time effort money and for what???? so you can run down stock gtos and still not beat them.

i just dont understand why you would do that to a civic i can understand mabey a lil work done and a correct sized turbo but come on 60mph roll!!!!! lol.

civic does not = sports car consider the name honda gave it.

YOU SIR ARE ON THE EDGE TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH STOCK F-BODIES AND GOATS.
You should do some research... 400whp isn't even scratching the surface of his motors potential. Just a turbo and fuel system upgrade and his car will be capable of over 1000whp!!! There are a couple making 1200whp and running 7's. One guy even decided to build a nitromethane burning acura integra funny car that ran mid 5's at over 250mph!!! 4000hp out of a honda 4 banger. Top fuel cars only make 6000 out of 8!!!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1874188216

Old 09-08-2007, 06:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Tram
I think there are quite a few Honda's out there that would surprise the crap out of you on a road course..

A very good friend of mine used to clean up with a Prelude...

Im not saying that a well built properly sized turboed civic with the right mods that doesent lag and make 80hp under the curve and peaks 500hp lol im shure that would be fun around a road course....

Theres no replacement for displacement.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by gsrhunter
You should do some research... 400whp isn't even scratching the surface of his motors potential. Just a turbo and fuel system upgrade and his car will be capable of over 1000whp!!! There are a couple making 1200whp and running 7's. One guy even decided to build a nitromethane burning acura integra funny car that ran mid 5's at over 250mph!!! 4000hp out of a honda 4 banger. Top fuel cars only make 6000 out of 8!!!

That car looks stupid...And theres allot of restrictions for the nhra top fuel engines that limit what can and cannot be used compared to your no rules integra.

WERE talking about street drivin cars here... not 7 second sheled hondas. oh and top fuel race cars make well over 6000 hp more closer to 9000.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Staging Lane

my car will go mid 10s... its gone 7.0 at a 101 in the 1/8th spining a hi 1.7 60...
More like high 10's/low 11's.

www.nhrasportcompact.com
http://www.hondachallenge.com/

Eggum running a 7.90:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpJwxFZCY78 -that car consistently 60's around 1.29
These 2 videos are of the Sport FWD class which is street legal cars with interior, insurance, and plates:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV_FpcpVBt8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OmOtvblWCQ
Honda Challenge in car video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyy-PENseTE
Old 09-08-2007, 06:30 PM
TECH Resident

I ran those times when i was still learning the new set up and i had my tq converter bolts lose when i made that pass... It should run something like a 1.4 60 6.5s 6.8s at around 101-103 its defently capable of runing a vary low 10 just not on these rims/tires.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Staging Lane

Wow.. just wow.

There have only been 2 Honda's to go 7 seconds or quicker. Steph Eggum (posted above) and Steph Papadakis in a Pro RWD car.

That funny car is something like a 4.0L and the motor has no resemblance to a Honda block.

The Sport FWD cars posted above are making around 850whp. I can't think of many Honda's making 1,000whp so it's far from common and definitely not easy as a fuel/turbo upgrade.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:35 PM
12 Second Club

Only 6000hp lol.that is estimated there is not even a dyno that can handle that...

They could make more but it would be usless they already have to slip a clutch all the way down the track just to keep traction.

Last edited by scottyballs; 09-08-2007 at 06:40 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:40 PM
Teching In

That car looks stupid...And theres allot of restrictions for the nhra top fuel engines that limit what can and cannot be used compared to your no rules integra.

WERE talking about street drivin cars here... not 7 second sheled hondas. oh and top fuel race cars make well over 6000 hp more closer to 9000.
I knew you would back pedal and come up with some excuse for you closedmindedness!!! Oh I'm sorry... you wanted to see a full bodied street car!!! Here you go!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EdooP7tw_M

BTW Like I said... you need to do some research before you post. Norwood racing used the same restrictions including 10 percent nitro. Also thats some good **** you are smoking Top fuel cars make between 6 and 7000hp depending on what they think the track will hold and how much clutch the crew chief wants to give it. I'm not trying to start a war... just trying to get you guys to stop spreading missinformation.... and stop being so closedminded!!!
Old 09-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by scottyballs
Only 6000hp lol.that is estimated there is not even a dyno that can handle that...

They could make more but it would be usless they already have to slip a clutch all the way down the track just to keep traction.
Its not estimated... there's a specific formula to finding the numbers. it deals in fuel consumption. I'll look it up for you.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Teching In

Wow.. just wow.

There have only been 2 Honda's to go 7 seconds or quicker. Steph Eggum (posted above) and Steph Papadakis in a Pro RWD car.

That funny car is something like a 4.0L and the motor has no resemblance to a Honda block.

The Sport FWD cars posted above are making around 850whp. I can't think of many Honda's making 1,000whp so it's far from common and definitely not easy as a fuel/turbo upgrade.
You are right... it looks nothing like a honda block LOL... but he didn't know that!!!!! Yes it is that easy to make the power. Reliability is a different story. My 750whp set up that I have now will make 900-1000 simply with a bigger turbo. I already have everything else taken care of... I'm just keeping the small turbo for now to have a "street car"!!! If you call a custom built gt35r small!!! LOL
Old 09-08-2007, 08:01 PM
11Second Club

You should do some research... One guy even decided to build a nitromethane burning acura integra funny car that ran mid 5's at over 250mph!!! 4000hp out of a honda 4 banger. Top fuel cars only make 6000 out of 8!!!
1) This engine was expected to make 4000hp by the builder. There's no telling what it will actually do. The 5's part is another guestimation on his part. None of what you said is a reality.

2) Even if it were true, it wouldn't matter. The car has nothing in common with a Honda. The builder even said in the new story about it that the ONLY Honda part on the entire vehicle was the Integra badge they slapped on the back of it.

3) The car is using a lot of things that are entirely illegal for top fuel dragsters (namely, turbos and EFI). So, your comparison of what this engine might put out and what top fuel V8s put out is totally bogus.

Oh, and for the record... I knew when I saw the story on that car that I would eventually bump into some dipshit rice-rocket-driving douche who would bring this up and parade it around because they thought it would somehow legitimize their grocery-getting frankenstein vehicle which has no business in the performance automotive world.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Gauge
their grocery-getting frankenstein vehicle which has no business in the performance automotive world.
His car is faster than yours though...

Last edited by njn63; 09-08-2007 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:41 PM
11Second Club

And this changes what I said how, exactly?
Old 09-08-2007, 08:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

his car also has twice as much invested in it than Gauge's car. its a shame when you people (ricers) have to dump thousands into these economey cars just to be on par with our stock cars. and to think this actuality hasent turned you away from the, taking a slow car and making it average scene. wake up to V8 domestics, take a fast car and make it faster.

EDIT: i see you are talking about the franken-**** looking POS that someone wasted their time and money in to try to make it seem that ricers are end all. read my response as it were the civic in the GTO video.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I can modify a bicycle to be faster in a strait line than both(I didn't say how much $$$ it would take, or if it would even be a bicycle anymore, but that doesn't matter).... Does that make it a performance car?

EDIT: I have nothing against his integra, it has my respect, and I love what he's done with it. But your argument is pointless.