http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/...ad.php?t=39986
Old 08-28-2007, 09:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's like stepping in a ant pile!
Old 08-28-2007, 09:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

It does look/sound like he won the 1st race by a buch of car lenghts.... on the second race it sure looks/sounds like he let off the throttle.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:30 PM
12 Second Club

What was done to the GTO, I might have missed it. Either way, a built B series hatch with a gt35 is gonna be pretty fast.....from 60 at least.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:37 PM
On The Tree

He needed his VTAC to kick in!
Old 08-28-2007, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If that hatch had what they said it did that's one quick car. If you're going to go from a roll go from atleast 40. 20MPH was a huge handicap for the Civic; FWD and no bottom end.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: king of prussia, pa (home) and williamsport, pa (school)

holy **** i know all those people! their from west chester!
Old 08-28-2007, 11:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 377 Likes on 275 Posts

I didn't see anything impressive about the honda. A fully built and boosted motor having trouble with what appeared to be an exhaust/bolt on gto???
Old 08-28-2007, 11:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by smg267
Funny, how can there be excuses if the person who was racing didn't even respond? I just responded in the thread, have at it. I had a Trans Am, I don't disrespect them. My Civic should be pushing over 500whp in the next few weeks and hopefully a little over 600whp in a couple months after I get the head ported. I would have raced from a stop, except for the traction factor. Give the GTO a set of Mickey Thompson ET Drag Radials and he will run maybe a 12.8 and I will put on a set as well and go easy 11's on a base street tune.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:55 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BCNUL8R
I didn't see anything impressive about the honda. A fully built and boosted motor having trouble with what appeared to be an exhaust/bolt on gto???
Haha, having trouble? Him starting in first from 20mph roll at around 4500rpm and me starting in second at like 2000rpm needing to get to 5000rpm to have full boost. Talk about a good few seconds of lag, you don't notice how fast I reel him in after I start to boost? He was wide open throttle the entire time for both runs, I braked before him on the first run when I got to his door, the second run he did not let off. Wind noise and the fact that all the noise from the car is the exhaust, you aren't going to hear much of anything from a front view of the GTO. I took him by 25 cars from the second race.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:02 AM
11 Second Club

25 cars my ***. Don't you think someone is gonna let off the throttle after gettin' pulled that hard? You measure car lengths to when YOU let off? Cause if so, I beat this drag foxbody that broke at the line at the track by like 30+ cars. I rock.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 377 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by compuvision02
Haha, having trouble? Him starting in first from 20mph roll at around 4500rpm and me starting in second at like 2000rpm needing to get to 5000rpm to have full boost. Talk about a good few seconds of lag, you don't notice how fast I reel him in after I start to boost? He was wide open throttle the entire time for both runs, I braked before him on the first run when I got to his door, the second run he did not let off. Wind noise and the fact that all the noise from the car is the exhaust, you aren't going to hear much of anything from a front view of the GTO. I took him by 25 cars from the second race.

Yep I saw you reelling him in, but I would say the race was over by that point. When you get that far behind and running from a roll then yes I would call that having trouble. I hope your proud of yourself racing nearly stock cars with all the mods that you have. Show me a video of you beating a turbo goat then I'll be impressed.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:09 AM
12 Second Club

If you know the owner, he won't. He had eight cars on me on the first race, if that was me, I would have stopped and tried to go again. He thought something was wrong with my car in the first race, yet he still decided to keep the pedal down. He always rips on his car, he even knows his was still wide open throttle. Look at the video, watch how fast it goes from behind him by a fender to burning by him to looking in the side mirror and seeing his small headlights. When I get my car tuned, I will get a race going with my friend Jordan's 600whp Z06 and post the video, I will hang decently.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:10 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BCNUL8R
Yep I saw you reelling him in, but I would say the race was over by that point. When you get that far behind and running from a roll then yes I would call that having trouble. I hope your proud of yourself racing nearly stock cars with all the mods that you have. Show me a video of you beating a turbo goat then I'll be impressed.
As I said, once I get tuned I plan on running my friend's 600whp Z06 just for the video.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:47 AM
TECH Regular

As I said, once I get tuned I plan on running my friend's 600whp Z06 just for the video.
Good luck with the Z06. If you have trouble pulling a fairly stock GTO from a 20 roll, I doubt you can pull a 600hp Z06. Even from a 60 roll that vette is going to be in kick *** mode when it hits.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

first of all, I call major, the most major BS Ever. This Ricer is A douche, If you are rolling a built motor with what i assume is a turbo, cause i don't know numbers and crap(GT35), then where is the spool???? I heard nothing and saw no hard up top pull from a turbo, no lag, no nothing. I am just disappointed. First race, LOSS! Second Race, there wasn't one!!!!!!! WEll, My Opinion, which isn't much, but looked like a load of crap to me.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:03 AM
On The Tree

dude ur fully built civic barly pulled a near stock gto. someone from from west chester needs to teach this guy a lesson on muscle cars.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a Trans Am, I don't disrespect them. My Civic should be pushing over 500whp in the next few weeks and hopefully a little over 600whp in a couple months after I get the head ported. Give the GTO a set of Mickey Thompson ET Drag Radials and he will run maybe a 12.8 and I will put on a set as well and go easy 11's on a base street tune.
Listen up you little son of a bitch, making comments like you have in this thread is why everyone who hates ricers, hates ricers. Most of the people on this website will give respect when respect is due. I for one give respect to any guy who takes a stock car, regardless of the vehicle and platform, and modifies it to any level of performance beyond factory specs. For you to come on here and say you owned an F-body and don't respect it is insulting and ignorant on your part. You don't respect the LSx platform because you built your block and added a turbo to beat what sounded like a bone stock GTO with a $35 cutout... from 60mph? Congratulations fuckstick, you're an idiot. You raced him from 60mph which puts you at a major advantage seeing as how you put a bigger than needed turbo on your motor. Of course you are gonna pull harder on the top end. "Hey everybody, under optimum conditions, I beat a stock GTO in my civic with a built motor and a power adder." You're a joke. Let's flip the script for a second and get a race of a turbo GTO running a stock Civic. "Hey everybody, I put oceans on a stock Civic in my GTO that has three times the displacement and a power adder." No one could give two ***** less because they expect that outcome. And your car is doodoo butter until 5000 rpm. You make what, maybe 150hp until then? Must be a really fun car to drive in town. Your butt must hurt from getting assraped all over the street from light to light.

The difference between you and me is that I compare apples to apples. I wouldn’t dare put my car next to a head/cam F-body with an auto, big stall and sticky tires over a short distance, even if I do have twice the hp he does. No comparison because the cars are set-up differently. And it would be a joke for him to race me on the highway from a 60roll.

In conclusion, you're an idiot and I would LOVE the opportunity to race you in my car, which is built to the same degree as yours, because I would ******* DESTROY you from any speed under any conditions you asked for. We can race from 100 to 180mph if it gives you false hope that you might win. My car is set-up to rip *** on the highway but still punks out little ***** like you at stoplights. You need to be humbled. When do you race that ZO6?

Last edited by SStolen; 08-29-2007 at 07:27 AM.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:57 AM
Chop-Foo Director

Let's not let this turn into a import vs. domestic pissing match please.

I'm so sick of the "if the GTO had been 'fully built' like the honda" crap. Run what ya brung, and if you lose, be a man and admit defeat.

And please, don't let me hear the "v8's are the past, japan is the future" crap either.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PendragonZ
Let's not let this turn into a import vs. domestic pissing match please.

I'm so sick of the "if the GTO had been 'fully built' like the honda" crap. Run what ya brung, and if you lose, be a man and admit defeat.

And please, don't let me hear the "v8's are the past, japan is the future" crap either.
I agree!!! That BS gets so old.

I wish my car wasnt mangled...ide be up for some fun racing. I havent even had one good race since I built the thing. I guess I need to go hang out in the WC area more often to see what I can dig up. I have no idea what my car makes for power or how fast it will run. So Im game for running just about anyone with anything Its all for the fun isnt it???

J.