Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Pic of my dad during my engine build

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 02ZOh6
My dad smiles and shakes his head at me when he sees me coming up the driveway with boxes. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't attempt half the **** I do. To wrench turning dads everywhere.
Well said! Awesome thread...

Without my Dad, I wouldn't have any idea (or confidence in) what I am doing when it comes to working on cars. He has always been there to show me what to do and be the second set of hands. Being that I never played sports or anything, cars have become that bonding point between us. I couldn't ask for a more fun time together. He now enjoys being "foreman" on many of the basic jobs. I started working on cars with my first car (1990 Camaro RS 3.1L) when I was 16 and now (25) maintain my DD, my wife's truck, and my Firehawk.

It is also awesome to have a wife and Mom who dig cars too!!

Last edited by Y2KFirehawk; 11-12-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picture of me and my dad getting ready to drop the new motor in the 71'

I owe my dad alot, he's the reason why i'm into muscle cars and not imports. He's got the old school knowledge, while I have the new school stuff down.

Also, I can't forget my mom, shes into cars as much as we are!
Old 11-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me and my dad and our cars after a good day at the track,

Old 11-12-2008, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

sweet grand national
Old 11-12-2008, 05:54 PM
On The Tree

My Dad's the reason I'm into hot rods too. He had a slew of different things in his younger age. He worked in speed shops and worked on sprint cars and crewed on the East Coast Fuel Funny Car Circuit until he became a cop.

Pic from the other night buttoning everything up from my cam upgrade and new AFR's in my Nova.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

my dad has taught me everything i know about cars. he ran a shop for a while, but had to sell it to pay for medical bills when cancer hit. sadly, he lost that battle a couple years ago when i was 19 and on my first deployment, only 2 weeks in. He knew when i was home on leave he wouldnt see me again, and i did too really. but you can never prepare for something like that. he was awesome and ill never forget how many times he would help me with the monte SS all the time. The wierd part was after he passed, only a couple weeks later, the 358 in the monte cracked the block. Now its going to be redone for a carbed FI setup. ill post a few pics of my brother, my uncle (also worked on cars his whole life, and less than a year ago passed due to cancer), and myself doing the teardown when i find them. both great men, and i would be nothing without either of them.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:06 AM
Teching In

Rock on dad!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 02:55 AM
On The Tree

Not to much to say about my dad since he passed away when I was ten, but the crazy thing is that he was in to Pontiac's (All Gm's) and I became obsessed with them too with no influence. My uncles and my other family said he had a hot rod Pontiac that could take anything on the streets! Sounds like my genes! I'm now a dad and I cannot wait to pass down the excitement that I get from a rumble of a muscle car! I think they can start JR drags at 10?!!!!