Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Heads/Cam SS vs. Evo 8

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 11:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EvolutionCT9A
Yep, I'll drag my slow *** car out to get some actual pass's with this new stuff and see what it does.

And you 2 keep your loud cars away from mine lol i hate stalling off the line.
LOL I forgot Evos had that problem....But I still won't be able to hang with JaSSon. Oh well, maybe one day, if he doesn't stop gettin' faster!
Old 12-19-2007, 11:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ArchOverseer
LOL I forgot Evos had that problem....But I still won't be able to hang with JaSSon. Oh well, maybe one day, if he doesn't stop gettin' faster!
I'm not even going to set that as a goal lmao cause its not gonna happen for me hahaha
Old 12-19-2007, 11:48 AM
12 Second Club

Def not mid 11's maybe high 11's with a damn good 60ft and him shifting faster
I disagree, I would put money on him clicking off a 11.6 or quicker at mid to low 120s. The track is the best solution, post no times and do a couple of test runs then go at it. I have raced Adam bunch of time over the past year. It has gone back a forth as we both modded are car. He has never lie or talked **** to me about the times he won and lost. It was always good race, maybe a little joking but nothing serious. I haven't ever seen him act like a tough guy to someone.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by craz1469
I disagree, I would put money on him clicking off a 11.6 or quicker at mid to low 120s. The track is the best solution, post no times and do a couple of test runs then go at it. I have raced Adam bunch of time over the past year. It has gone back a forth as we both modded are car. He has never lie or talked **** to me about the times he won and lost. It was always good race, maybe a little joking but nothing serious. I haven't ever seen him act like a tough guy to someone.

If this is what he ran 12.1@117.6 with 1.9 60ft

best he'll get is a high 11 bring if he can bring that 60ft down to 1.7or lower and that's going to drop his trap so 120+ wont happen. It might stay the same if he shifts faster.

Last edited by EvolutionCT9A; 12-19-2007 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:58 PM
12 Second Club

Do you not understand that the 12.1 was on shitty pass were the car fell on its face from to soft of a launch. His car was capable of high 11s then. That was before the heads and cams. He raced me and chris with that setup and I can assure you he was quicker than 12s. I was running 12.0s at the time and he beat me by 2 cars.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by craz1469
Do you not understand that the 12.1 was on shitty pass were the car fell on its face from to soft of a launch. His car was capable of high 11s then. That was before the heads and cams. He raced me and chris with that setup and I can assure you he was quicker than 12s. I was running 12.0s at the time and he beat me by 2 cars.
I was told that was with his current setup, and he ran 12.7 before..... so then i was lied to or else miss informed ALOT, if that's the case. That would def change alot of things and bring alot more questions up...
Old 12-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Teching In

I was told that was with his current setup, and he ran 12.7 before..... so then i was lied to or else miss informed ALOT, if that's the case. That would def change alot of things and bring alot more questions up...
well ask away man. I didnt do the heads and cams till August. I went to the track in april for FFW that is the only time I have gone since I put spray on my car. 12.17@117.6 on the 125shot 12.9@108 motor. I havent gone to the track since the heads & cams but yes I would love to run you at the track, even if you do have a bigger turbo Now im on a 100 shot with the heads and cams making roughly 70rwhp and 30rwtq more than before the 12.17 pass. If you wouldve asked I would have told you. I will tell just about anyone what I have. Well Im through arguing with you over the past...and look forward to a good race at the track in mid to late January
Old 12-19-2007, 08:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 92Cam
I have read all posts between these 2 and I am siding with the Evo on this one. I feel that the Mustang owner is talking more trash then the Evo owner. I also think that the Evo will win the rematch. What makes me kinda chuckle is that the Mustang owner says the Evo is nothing to brag about after winning. Sorry to say, but the Evo is a very capable car and so are Mustangs. If I beat an Evo, I am all over it. Same with a Stang. That was just a direct attack on the car. And before you ask. I am a Camaro fan, but not a fanboy. I respect both cars, but I just feel the Mustang guy is the one really crying here and possibly lying. Wish I lived in TX. I would run you guys with my Jetta. No sense in bringing out my Camaro lol. J/K my cars are slow as ****. Unless it's diarrea? Then they are fast.

I'm sorry that I don't know your guys log in name. Mustang owner, don't attack me for my opinion. Thats all that I have stated. And Evo owner, don't get a big head. For all I know I could be wrong and you are the liar and the Mustang owner is the legit one. Anyways, just my 2 cents.

One last thing. Mustang owner, you keep saying that he should of manned up and told you certain stuff to your face that night of the race instead of later. Are you saying this because you are basically threatening him and saying you would of beat his ***? Or are you telling us that you would have more respect for him if he would have? You actually are sounding like an interent tough guy which is seriously pathetic. Just curious.
No Im saying why not confront me about it to my face like an adult while I was there instead of a few months later bring it up on a website where I would least likely hear about it? If I think some one is wrong or a liar I will say it to them with no prob. He told me he thought we were close and I said No I believe I got you. That was all that was said that night. Im not a violent guy by nature and would not threaten to beat his *** over a disagreement of a race unless you just start talkin **** about me. Clearly all we have is a disagreemen thtat will be solved soon enough
Old 12-19-2007, 08:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Big Geek
What do you mean by three "blown" plugs? I am not trying to be funny here but more-so asking for clarity. If you ate the tips off the plugs then it should have been running like **** (ie; skipping) and you have a serious lean condition that you may want to take care of ASAP before you end up eating a head gasket or worse. You could also add a little 110 octane to your tank and jet the fuel side of your kit up some then see where you are at. If you fouled them from being overly rich then it still should have been running **** poor if not skipping. If they are being fuel fouled when you are spraying it just jet the fuel side down on the kit if you are using a wet shot. Sounds like either you have too much timing for the octane you are running while on the spray (Lean condition there-by eating the tips off the plugs or making them extremely light with specs of grey on them that would be piston flakes.) OR you are entirely too rich in which case, as I said before jet the fuel side down a little. If you are using a dry shot then tell your tuner that it is too fat on the spray. I am willing to bet he pulled a good deal of timing out to be safe.

Jim C.

PS - Fast is fast and quick is quick regardless of the amount of cylinders or country of origin.

J
Hey man Im not trying to be funny either but your not telling me anything I dont know lol If you read all the post earlier it says Im waiting to get re-tuned. I have data logged the timing and it looks good. The car is melting the tips off the end of the plugs(thats why I did heads and cams, I melted a whole in an exhaust valve). No offense but if you dont know much about the new 3v they are very diff. The plugs are not like regular plugs. The ground strap on them goes all the way across the end of the plug. Also my car has VCT (variable cam timing) It is controlled by the cam phasers (cam gears) they have a centrifagul style spring that degrees the cams kinda like vtec It makes tuning the cars very hard I think my prob is a cross between being too lean and the cam phasers advancing the cams too much.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Risky Business05gt
No Im saying why not confront me about it to my face like an adult while I was there instead of a few months later bring it up on a website where I would least likely hear about it? If I think some one is wrong or a liar I will say it to them with no prob. He told me he thought we were close and I said No I believe I got you. That was all that was said that night. Im not a violent guy by nature and would not threaten to beat his *** over a disagreement of a race unless you just start talkin **** about me. Clearly all we have is a disagreemen thtat will be solved soon enough
Confront there was nothing to confront you about you said all that **** about beating me like I posted WAY BEFORE, when you rushed back to tell everyone. I told chris, raymer, and a few other guys, "**** IT" when you started saying how you beat me by a car or whatever you said it was out there, the guy with the Falcon said you said 3cars PFFT Plz.... I'm not going to argue about this **** i didnt want to but some how it got brought up online.

Last edited by EvolutionCT9A; 12-19-2007 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Hey man Im not trying to be funny either but your not telling me anything I dont know lol If you read all the post earlier it says Im waiting to get re-tuned. I have data logged the timing and it looks good. The car is melting the tips off the end of the plugs(thats why I did heads and cams, I melted a whole in an exhaust valve). No offense but if you dont know much about the new 3v they are very diff. The plugs are not like regular plugs. The ground strap on them goes all the way across the end of the plug. Also my car has VCT (variable cam timing) It is controlled by the cam phasers (cam gears) they have a centrifagul style spring that degrees the cams kinda like vtec It makes tuning the cars very hard I think my prob is a cross between being too lean and the cam phasers advancing the cams too much.
Thats cute, your car has Vtec, mine too........... so since your cars capable of running mid 11's do you have a problem with me putting my new kit on? because its going to be here in a week or 2...

I'm sure they have a decent tuner that can do your VCT tables, I had mine done threw a flash for the Mivec tables and im running .5-.7 off from being at perfect a/f

Last edited by EvolutionCT9A; 12-19-2007 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:08 PM
Teching In

Here is a video for what my car can do
http://media.putfile.com/Adam-vs-Jay
Old 12-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Teching In

<SUPERMAN>

Last edited by EvolutionCT9A; 12-19-2007 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:45 PM
10 Second Club

You guys let me know when you are going to the track. I'd like to see you run. I might finally have mine done and be able to get some track time too.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:02 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JaSSon
You guys let me know when you are going to the track. I'd like to see you run. I might finally have mine done and be able to get some track time too.
What's the status on the driveshaft Jason? You've got everything else already at the house, right?
Old 12-20-2007, 01:24 AM
Launching!

The vid speaks for its self. Why even argue?
Old 12-20-2007, 01:43 AM
11 Second Club

The only thing that video shows is how mismatched the two cars are. You're talking a stock car with a 150 shot, auto at that, no stall, with a kit that's more than likely NOT rated at the rear wheels. Then take a heads/cam/geared/suspension/nitrous car and line it up against him? I could've told you the outcome of that race before they even thought about running. Not taking a bit away from Adam's car in the least, but that was a big, big mismatch.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:02 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ArchOverseer
The only thing that video shows is how mismatched the two cars are. You're talking a stock car with a 150 shot, auto at that, no stall, with a kit that's more than likely NOT rated at the rear wheels. Then take a heads/cam/geared/suspension/nitrous car and line it up against him? I could've told you the outcome of that race before they even thought about running. Not taking a bit away from Adam's car in the least, but that was a big, big mismatch.
No different than when a head and cammed ls1 beats a bolt on Stang,I see your point but this guy posted what each car had.The ls1 is bigger cubes and the more powerful motor stock for stock.So no excuses please! The new 3v is no punk even without a blower.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:06 AM
On The Tree

very very nice run jasson.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:20 AM
Restricted User

Hahaha...it was a good kill...yet another win for an LSX....