Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Pontiac G8 GT vs. BMW 550i

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Way to over analyze ugh...EVERYTHING.

I'll help you guys out...if you like the car, awesome buy it.
If you don't....then don't buy it....it's as simple as that.

But you're all obviously down the the point where it's purely each party trying to impose their personal opinion on one another.

My view? **** it, if you like BMW so much go buy one and I'll gladly take your f-body off your hands, and whilst you hum along in your quiet cabin of sophistication, luxury, and quality, breathing in your HEPA-filtered air - be sure to roll down your expensive window for a moment while i blow your doors in with my world ending exhaust note having poorly-built low-quality refinement-lacking pig-headed multi-cup-holder-equipped American driven sports car you like to refer to as 'junk'. Then you can roll your window back up and sit in the 'silence' and proceed to convince your-self that you're having more fun than i am.

In the end it's what YOU like, not your neighbor, or co-worker or, stubborn internet forum adversary...who cares...go buy what YOU want and have fun...that's what being an automotive enthusiast is all about, right? Enjoying a vehicle for what it is, and what you can make it be.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:26 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
LOL anybody with the dough to buy a 550 won't even venture to the Pontiac dealership to realize it exists.

G8 is cool, but not even close to 5 series territory. The 550 may be twice as much, but the G8s not even built half as well LOL.

Funny ad. I like G8s but they aren't going to pull anybody away from the BMW dealerships.
I know we are a very different country...we only recently got expressways between our two largest cities ...but the G8 (VE Commodore), HAS been pulling owners away from Bimmers and Mercs....stunning as that may seem. etc.

Customers have been moving over to the long wheelbase version (Caprice) in their droves. Sales were up ~500% on the LWB last year.

Apart from value for money in many buyers eyes...apart from the fact these cars "feel" like Bimmers to drive, why else?

The G8 meets or exceeds the dynamics of any non M BMW. Period. Quality is mostly excellent....equal or better than any BMW I have owned!

It should meet/beat BMW, it was benchmarked against an in house 5 series.

FWIW. Cheers.

Quick Reply: Pontiac G8 GT vs. BMW 550i