Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

GTR-R35 vs C6 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 03:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why was the guy in the GTR racing in reverse?
Old 07-18-2008, 03:41 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

No matter how many times the ZO6/ZR1 beats the GTR, some import fanboi ****** will have something to say about the "twisties" (Which I'm sure neither car would have any problem with)

I hate that word.

BTW almost every time I see a dumbass fanboi talk about the "twisites" he is driving something worthless like a wheeled/fart-canned Civic hatch.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Things we know to be true.

GTR= Ugly, Slow, POS that got over hyped by its manufacturer.

Corvette Z06= Faster and better looking than the GTR.

Corvette ZR1= Beating the GTR's *** even worse.

Moral to the story and this applies to manufacturers also....DON"T BE A RICER AND TALK SMACK THAT YOU CAN"T BACK UP!
LMAO!!!

So true.

- Mike
Old 07-18-2008, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Coy
No matter how many times the ZO6/ZR1 beats the GTR, some import fanboi ****** will have something to say about the "twisties" (Which I'm sure neither car would have any problem with)

I hate that word.

BTW almost every time I see a dumbass fanboi talk about the "twisites" he is driving something worthless like a wheeled/fart-canned Civic hatch.
Funny, you were the only person to bring this up. Way to be a douche.

But, now that you DO bring it up, for how slow all the uneducated nut jockies in this thread say the GTR is, it sure did lap the ring faster than the Z06 did.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd

But, now that you DO bring it up, for how slow all the uneducated nut jockies in this thread say the GTR is, it sure did lap the ring faster than the Z06 did.
I understand what hes saying though, that no matter what an excuse is going to fly out of left field. I have never been on a road course, and im sure its a blast. But people bring up the "twisties" like he says, and most of those people will probably drive either of those 2 cars into the ditch the first turn they come up to. Yeah the gtr lapped the ring faster than the Z06 thats great, but for a street race how many people actually do a set course? Maybe in 2 fast 2 furious its possible, but in the real world on the street its always a straight line.
-Joel
Old 07-18-2008, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what are the gulf specs?
Old 07-18-2008, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000Hawk
I understand what hes saying though, that no matter what an excuse is going to fly out of left field. I have never been on a road course, and im sure its a blast. But people bring up the "twisties" like he says, and most of those people will probably drive either of those 2 cars into the ditch the first turn they come up to. Yeah the gtr lapped the ring faster than the Z06 thats great, but for a street race how many people actually do a set course? Maybe in 2 fast 2 furious its possible, but in the real world on the street its always a straight line.
-Joel
In a way I will agree. However, I think that once more of these hit the streets we will see that its more of a drivers race than that misleading video says. A friend of mine and I were talking about this. He brought up the fact that the GTR was 7mph faster on the straight at the 'Ring than the Zr1 was. I do not have proof of that but he isn't in a position to need to lie. If that's the case I just don't see a stock Z06 pulling a GTR like that, especially from a dig.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:43 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dam i hate people who have there hands in oil
Old 07-18-2008, 07:16 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

I never said anything about the GTR being slow. Way to jump to conclusions "douche".

And I agree with you whole heartedly that the LSX nut jockeys are coming out full force in this thread.

I was just commenting that no matter what happens in the C6-GTR saga, the import fanbois will defend the GTR to the death. It will always be "better" because it is "Japanese". American cars can never be as good. Get it now?

I for one could care less about either car.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2000Hawk
-Joel
At least one person in this thread has great e-comprehension.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:45 PM
TECH Resident

In a way I will agree. However, I think that once more of these hit the streets we will see that its more of a drivers race than that misleading video says. A friend of mine and I were talking about this. He brought up the fact that the GTR was 7mph faster on the straight at the 'Ring than the Zr1 was. I do not have proof of that but he isn't in a position to need to lie. If that's the case I just don't see a stock Z06 pulling a GTR like that, especially from a dig.
You have to be kidding me. Are you that stupid to believe that the GTR is faster on the straights than a Z06 and it is a drivers race from a roll?. I am not even going to comment on the faster than the ZR1 comment as that was flat out ******* retarded. Once again I am not calling you stupid but you seem a bit slow to comprehend. A heavier car with less HP is slower in a straight line. With enough electrical doo dads they did however make it easy for a quadriplegic to pilot it to fast circuit times. And the GTR's ring times and how they were obtained has been beat to death. Use the search function here or elsewhere.

Last edited by big reg; 07-18-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:47 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by big reg
With enough electrical doo dads they did however make it easy for a quadriplegic to pilot it to fast circuit times.

awesome.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

GTR what?
Old 07-18-2008, 08:10 PM
12 Second Club

On slick tires with tuning done to the car and a ringer driver.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

i dont know if im correct but i thought in the most recent video of the zr1 it pulled the Nuremberg (spelling) in mid 7:20's running a different corse than the gtr that ran a shorter corse im probably wrong but if someone could clarify the times of the 2 both official and unofficial i would appreciate it because im stumped now as to wtf is going on with these 2 i though it was laid to rest that the zr1 is faster?
Old 07-18-2008, 08:39 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No it did not!!! Not apples to apples testing!
Old 07-18-2008, 08:41 PM
Launching!

Well a guy just posted a link to an article from a mag on the corvette forum, don't remmebr which one, but they calimed that the GTR had 690HP for the ring test! I see no reason for hin to lie either.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:43 PM
Launching!

Did I mention that both cars in the video are owned by the same person!
Old 07-18-2008, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

What would you like with your rice sir?
Old 07-18-2008, 09:03 PM
TECH Resident

yes it did but not in stock form, it had road racing slicks and other upgrades...