Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

murdered my car today

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 08:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the flat black look but black wheels on any car just looks hideous to me.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
Car actually looks better in person then it does in the pics...I personally never liked the flat black look.,...I think it looks cheap to begin with, without a supper glossy factory look...but his car deff. looks better flat black then how it did before....
thanks man, i was waiting for your input lol
Old 10-12-2008, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by StreetKing
I like the flat black look but black wheels on any car just looks hideous to me.
i agree, im not to much of a fan of black wheels myself, but if the shoe fits wear it
Old 10-12-2008, 09:54 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98lswonz28
tell me how you can tell all those were done by a pro!

Have any of you ever painted flat black? have you ever painted period. You wouldnt be able to tell if I told you 3 cars in those pics were rattle canned. Obviously the zo6 guy prolly spent 5k+ on the matte but as for the 3rd gen and the ls1 in the pics, if they were rattle canned no one would ever know it.

if you have a thick coat with rattle can then you wet sand and polish it, you get the look of the lt1 in the above pics.

or if you rattle can, wet sand and matte clear it you can get that look...

the 1st gens in those pics are lower quality flat blacks that were just sprayed and have to be treated with oils to stay looking nice.

So if he wet sands the car and oils it like they did back in the day it will look just like those pics... or sand and matte clear and hes golden...

Nothing productive comes out of running your mouth in a negative way.

No car is perfect, not even yours...
you my friend are a complete dumbass
Old 10-12-2008, 09:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CobraKiller02
you my friend are a complete dumbass
i think you should gtfo, you have nothing constructive to say, your a dick, so why waste my time and your own?
Old 10-12-2008, 10:10 AM
01z
TECH Regular

not my cup of tea but i understand where your coming from w/ the bad paint and ****. it looks better than before and only cost 45 bucks..nuff said.

the flat black c5 is so sexy
Old 10-12-2008, 11:05 AM
TECH Veteran

tell me how you can tell all those were done by a pro!

Have any of you ever painted flat black? have you ever painted period. You wouldnt be able to tell if I told you 3 cars in those pics were rattle canned. Obviously the zo6 guy prolly spent 5k+ on the matte but as for the 3rd gen and the ls1 in the pics, if they were rattle canned no one would ever know it.

if you have a thick coat with rattle can then you wet sand and polish it, you get the look of the lt1 in the above pics.

or if you rattle can, wet sand and matte clear it you can get that look...

the 1st gens in those pics are lower quality flat blacks that were just sprayed and have to be treated with oils to stay looking nice.

So if he wet sands the car and oils it like they did back in the day it will look just like those pics... or sand and matte clear and hes golden...

Nothing productive comes out of running your mouth in a negative way.

No car is perfect, not even yours...
oh my car is far from perfect, the owner before me didnt take care of it so i took it off his hands and have been building it up to BE perfect. And the reason why I say professional is because im pretty sure no one would show off there flat/satin black cars at a showroom when they used shitty spray can flat black paint I dont know why youre sticking up the op so much but nothing i have said has been negative. Just my opinion on painting an entire car with a spray can. Take some better pics OP, i noticed on the pic that the door looks really bad, do a couple more coats, wet sand, than do some clear than post pics. Just at this point im not really digging the quality, that's all.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i think your missing the point of it all, its not meant to look "good" its supposed to look like a hotrod, just something fast that you can respect, quality IS horrible, but no one said it was meant to look perfect. If anyone of you really know me and my intentions behind the car its not meant to be showroom, its actually supposed to be the opposite Alot of people do think my car looks shitty then we race and i end up getting the respect. I understand that i couldve rehabbed the old paint, put it still would look shitty, the hood was unpainted, and the money that it would cost to do the whole car flat black, i just dont see the reasoning, in my car especially, to go out of my way to make it glossy and beautiful because i would baby it, be reluctant to take it out whenever i want, wouldnt want to race it.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Teching In

mainly because of the prep, but the paint is also very expensive, only 2 or 3 good brands out there, matte clear is also expensive because of the rarity.

The car has to be prepped very well because any flaw will be noticed with flat black...
Prep is a given, but to get a satin finish aren't they just using a additive to the clear?
Old 10-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mcheap
Prep is a given, but to get a satin finish aren't they just using a additive to the clear?

you can do that but the quality wouldnt be as good and its hard to get the mixture correct.

the proper way would to use a flat clear like ppgs flex n flat, which you can spray over a gloss black to give the flat look.

and as far as showing off...there was a nissan silvia in sport compact car mag a while back that was rattle canned...and it made the cover.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Staging Lane

im doing my mustang this week like that. When you dont have a lot of cashand want a change it works for now.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yes sir i guess some people have no concept of bills
Old 10-12-2008, 07:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS_STANG
im doing my mustang this week like that. When you dont have a lot of cashand want a change it works for now.
when your done with it post up some pics, i would love to see a foxbody flat blacked
Old 10-12-2008, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by plaf713
yes sir i guess some people have no concept of bills
and some people have no concept onf taste...

sorry, not hating, just though it was a good comment.. i dont think it looks too bad, just black everything else out..
Old 10-13-2008, 07:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not that my opinion matters...

I personally like it. Take care of the other cosmetics (wheels etc) and it'd be pretty cool. At first i thought it looks like that GM Performance Parts test car. The one that was featured in GMHTP a year or 2 ago, minus the GM Performance Parts door decal. I agree on the thought that all the $$$ should be under the hood, a pretty paint job isn't gunna make the car go any faster or handle better. I guarantee you didn't buy the car thinking " I love the colour, the fact that its a Z28 is just a bonus"

just my $.02
Old 10-13-2008, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rob M
Not that my opinion matters...

I personally like it. Take care of the other cosmetics (wheels etc) and it'd be pretty cool. At first i thought it looks like that GM Performance Parts test car. The one that was featured in GMHTP a year or 2 ago, minus the GM Performance Parts door decal. I agree on the thought that all the $$$ should be under the hood, a pretty paint job isn't gunna make the car go any faster or handle better. I guarantee you didn't buy the car thinking " I love the colour, the fact that its a Z28 is just a bonus"

just my $.02
i like your thining, and no this isnt the final product, like i said before i would like to get some prostars on it, put a few more coats on it, align the hood better, this is just the base model
Old 10-13-2008, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why not post some better pics? At the moment it looks shitty....but the pics also suck.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah i know, i have another camera, but i need a new memory card for it, or whatever the hell that thing is
Old 10-13-2008, 09:59 PM
TECH Veteran

delete some of the old pics off it
Old 10-13-2008, 10:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

not a fan of flat black...only good if you take it out at night.